Feedback - FROWNS

Started by Hankosaurus, December 17, 2010, 08:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VikramF

;) Thanks Arun - the Rules and Regulations are very clear.
Vikram Franklin
98864 (PM me for the rest - I get strange calls)

Check out my FaceBook Photopage @
https://www.facebook.com/Photography.by.Vikram.Franklin

It is the judgement of the Moderators that JJMPF Member htnakirs of Calicut has been operating a personal business using the JJMPF Buy & Sell board as part of a multi-website virtual storefront for buying/selling/brokering camera equipment of assorted brands and types. Accordingly, his account has been blocked as prescribed in Buy & Sell Rule 15.

No further enquiries and any special comments from any member on this issue will be entertained.

Regards/Moderators.

kunwar.g

Quote from: Image on August 05, 2011, 02:18:33 AM
It is the judgement of the Moderators that JJMPF Member htnakirs of Calicut has been operating a personal business using the JJMPF Buy & Sell board as part of a multi-website virtual storefront for buying/selling/brokering camera equipment of assorted brands and types. Accordingly, his account has been blocked as prescribed in Buy & Sell Rule 15.

No further enquiries and any special comments from any member on this issue will be entertained.

Regards/Moderators.

Still a new post from jhtnakirs

http://www.jjmehta.com/forum/index.php?topic=11602.0
I envy not those who have better equipment, but those who have more time.

Madhav Bhakta

Quote from: Image on August 05, 2011, 02:18:33 AM

Regards/Moderators.

I love this forum. Hats off.

Tornado

Thanks a lot..!! This seller was trying to sell me few items, and I knew that he is doing some business out here or something.. So I ignored him :)
AF-S 55-200mm VR, 50mm f 1.8 D. Waiting for D90

aces170

QuoteIt is the judgement of the Moderators that JJMPF Member htnakirs of Calicut has been operating a personal business using the JJMPF Buy & Sell board as part of a multi-website virtual storefront for buying/selling/brokering camera equipment of assorted brands and types. Accordingly, his account has been blocked as prescribed in Buy & Sell Rule 15.

Regards/Moderators.
Why dont you start a dealers section separately? Charge a monthly commission fee, which should help the forum be self-reliant and maybe if going gets good let the forum expand to a larger database :)

Quote from: aces170 on August 11, 2011, 07:21:11 PM
QuoteIt is the judgement of the Moderators that JJMPF Member htnakirs of Calicut has been operating a personal business using the JJMPF Buy & Sell board as part of a multi-website virtual storefront for buying/selling/brokering camera equipment of assorted brands and types. Accordingly, his account has been blocked as prescribed in Buy & Sell Rule 15.

Regards/Moderators.
Why dont you start a dealers section separately? Charge a monthly commission fee, which should help the forum be self-reliant and maybe if going gets good let the forum expand to a larger database :)

We could, provided JJ Mehta was in the business of selling Tobacco instead of Cameras  ;). Of course that is my opinion and not of the Mehtas.

aces170

QuoteWe could, provided JJ Mehta was in the business of selling Tobacco instead of Cameras  ;). Of course that is my opinion and not of the Mehtas.
Darn, forgot about that :P

Hankosaurus

Hello Sahil.

QuoteWhy don't you start a dealers section separately? Charge a monthly commission fee, which should help the forum be self-reliant and maybe if going gets good let the forum expand to a larger database :)

This is because Buy & Sell is a service created for the purposes of:

1. JJMPF Members exchanging photographic gear which they have used, for money.

2. JJMPF Members exchanging photographic gear which they have used for other Members' photographic gear which they want to use.

3. JJMPF Members exchanging money for other Members' photographic gear which they want to use.

4. Combinations of the above.

The idea of it taking on the qualities of a yard sale, a Sunday boot/trunk sale, a me-too eBay contender, or anything else with a pecuniary business angle to it is outside of the scope and purpose of the board.

The present setup is also an accurate and clear representation of the Forum's owner/Administrator's wishes with respect to how photographic equipment is to be bought and sold on JJMPF. The board is for Members, but not for dealers outside of JJMPF. It is for Members' personal gear which they have used themselves, and not a service to the marketplace at large.

Dealers/vendors of used gear have plenty of other places to spread their wares without parasitically attaching themselves to JJMPF as part of their electronic storefronts for unknown quality and questionable integrity. Those who would hawk "God only knows what" which came from "Heaven only knows where," wrapped in lies like "selling for a friend," have no place here.  Such dubious peddlers are not welcome in the JJMPF Buy & Sell Board, plain and simple.

Members can reasonably expect two things to be true when they click on the JJMPF Buy & Sell Board: 1. The gear offered is primarily and fundamentally photographic in its nature, and 2. It is gear which was owned and used by a Member or a close friend of the Member, and which friend the Member is willing to stand in for to assure integrity and quality in the deal.

:)
HENRY
A Certified Dinosaur
D700, F, F2, M3

Some say those of us who love to talk about cameras should instead go and take pictures. I say we should go and also take pictures.

Francis

Henry
Quotewrapped in lies like "selling for a friend,"
A lot of newbies on their first post itself put up a sale for their friends, verifying it would be a herculean task is,nt it.I for one would never sell for a friend because it is hard to know how he or she use their equipment on their own.The only thing one can truly vouch for is their friends integrity & honesty.Non the less one should not stop members from buying good used equipment.
Just a suggestion that buy & sell should only be permitted on say a time limit(3 months on forum) or say minimum posts in other sections say about 10-15.It will put a safeguard atleast.I am aware that a lot of members are buying in good faith as per the listing(yes including myself,I have bought a canon 60D from this forum).
Atleast some safeguards to keep the bad apples at bay.
Regards
Francis
A good snapshot keeps a moment from running away.