Feedback - FROWNS

Started by Hankosaurus, December 17, 2010, 08:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

canon4life

Quote from: canon4life on October 05, 2014, 06:07:25 PM
Quote from: arkaraj on October 05, 2014, 05:00:26 PM
Quote from: canon4life on October 05, 2014, 03:06:21 AM
Folks let me start with saying, the experience here at JJMP is nothing but awesome until now. I have several transaction with many members exceeding 10+ L over many years. I am sorry to report this one bad experience I had with Arkaraj. I am writing to save some of the frustration for other members that I faced for any future deals with this particular individual.

http://www.jjmehta.com/forum/index.php/topic,36865.msg342483.html#msg342483

I responded to WTB post above, he contacted me and negotiated to send the money for pick up in Bangalore. On the day I left I made several call to confirm that he is sure to pick up. I have TXT messages from him stating that payment will be sent in 1 hour and picked up tomorrow. I was leaving to airport and told him that it is fine and left the tripod with my friend back home. From 1 hour, to days to weeks, now it is 2 months this fellow now do not respond nor answer my calls now. After a month he sent me one email stating that he was not well, I told him not an issue please take care and arrange to pick up soon. I also offered for him to pay an advance so that I can hold until you can arrange to pick this. 

This is not picked up and I cannot use it as I left it back in India. I want to caution folks to deal with this individual.   

Dear Rajeev,
Sorry that i am not able to take any call of late. I dont know what part of my text message you didnot understand that i had a surgery and shall callback once i am able to. I hadbeen working out with a person in bangalore for arranging a local pick-up, but owing to the accident, couldn't took it further. Logged in JJMPF after a few days today and saw all your measures for emphasizing me as hypocrite (saw your multiple comments on my Sale thread as well). It was very unfortunate how you have reacted in last few days and the way you have described my character. On the credibility part - i may not have sold 10L worth of equipments but whatever i have brought or sold here didn't ended up like this one. People who have bought from me is welcome to comment. Anyways, following your nice gesture, I have closed my Sale thread. Shall not be posting anythng further till the matter is settled. Can still take the Tripod - need time to arrange the pick-up since people doesnot follow your or mine schedule. If this is okay with you....kinldy wait and I shall get back. I shall be offline again for few days till i am fully recovered.
Regards.

Glad to see your response and surprised to see you post a paragraph and did not find time to respond a line or answer my calls over two months. As I told you to send an advance so that I can be assured that you will pick is still an option. I do not have arrange for shipping this back to me and I can purchase a new one that I need ASAP.

Folks, I have again reached out to Arkaraj to settle this amicably. I have yet to hear response from him. I will keep you posted. Thanks!

Vijay Rajan

Sorry to say but the fact that Arkaraj logged in to start a WTS thread rather than respond to Rajeev (canon4life), doesn't augur well and reeks of indifference.

His parting note, "I shall be offline again for few days till i am fully recovered" doesn't inspire confidence to the seller either.

Apparently, all Arkaraj has been requested to do is to pay up a token advance, pay the rest & pick-up the item at his own convenience. Now, is that a hard thing to do & thereby honour a commitment ? Guys, your guess is as good as mine  >:(. I sincerely hope the matter is sorted out amicably sooner rather than later.
Canon 1Dx II, Canon 1Dx, Canon 6D, Canon 16-35 f/4 L IS, Canon 70 - 200 mm f/2.8 L IS II, Canon 500 mm f/4 L IS II.

Anybody can be a great photographer if they zoom in enough on what they love.

Bharat Varma

I don't know Arkaraj.

Here's what I see (and anyone can see) from his posts -

His wts thread was started on August 21, 2014, 09:52:33 PM

Subsequent logins by him on that thread -

« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 09:28:52 PM »
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 02:54:18 PM »
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2014, 11:56:25 PM »
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 09:33:12 PM »

Arkaraj's next login was when he replied in the frowns thread.

« on: October 05, 2014, 05:00:26 PM »

So from September 05 to October 05, he seemed to be offline.

He also said a couple of things that are relevant -

"i had a surgery and shall callback once i am able to. I had been working out with a person in bangalore for arranging a local pick-up, but owing to the accident, couldn't took it further."

He seems to have had an accident bad enough for him to need surgery. It's also not the case that he's been merrily buying and selling stuff on JJM over this 1 month period - he's been offline for a month. Nothing unreasonable about "I shall be offline again for few days till i am fully recovered" too.

It's also not the case that he's taken possession of the item for which he has not paid.

We all plan things but sometimes life intervenes and things change drastically.

Unless he has had a previous history of bad behaviour on the forum, I'd cut him some slack.
Looking for a Rokinon/Samyang 135 F/2 Lens in excellent condition.

Also looking for a few Canon NB-10L Batteries.

arkaraj

Still looking for someone who can mediate this transaction (Carry it from bangalore to kolkata).
I am not comfortable with the concept of token advance. Mr. Rajeev wrote an email conveying that all his bad words in my sale thread shall be deleted if i pay him the advance which is just hilarious - this is how things are resolved amicably?
It is not obligatory on my part to follow his terms. I have given a commitment to buy it and at a Price and would honor it but at conditions acceptable to me. Nevertheless, my purpose of getting here is --- any forum member travelling from Bangalore to Kolkata and whom Mr. Rajeev can trust because of his immense credibility of selling 10Lacs+ equipment in the forum - i would request him to PM if he is willing to help by executing this cash transaction.
Thanks.
--------------------
Canon 6D and few Primes.

VikramF

My full sympathies to the you on the surgery and I hope you're recovering well. I was of the exact same mind as what Bharat had said and had passed this off mentally as "sometimes events conspire against things happening and this is life". I was willing to cut you some slack as Bharat called for.

But this statement: That's just not right.
Quote from: arkaraj on October 10, 2014, 11:36:03 AM
I have given a commitment to buy it and at a Price and would honor it but at conditions acceptable to me.

From what I read and isn't in contention, you'd committed to buy it from a seller. Now in my books, when you commit to such a thing, you agree to his terms. It just isn't right to alter terms once the agreement is made. I sincerely hope I've misunderstood your statement above, but it does appear that you're now saying that "Yes, I did agree to buy it from you, but I didn't give you an exact date and time". Thankfully this is a tripod which won't lose value as rapidly as a camera body.

If there's an issue in getting it picked up - then payup fully and sort out the pickup issue from your side, it certainly isn't the sellers responsibility to arrange for pickup as you were obviously well aware that he wasn't a short distance away at the time of agreeing to buy it. I think I've had such a deal where the buyer of a bag from me had me keep the bag for him for almost 4 months (maybe longer) as he was trying to find someone to pick it up. He'd paid up fully and even though I offered to refund him fully and sell again locally after 3-4 months, he said no and so I kept the bag safely for him till it was picked up.
Vikram Franklin
98864 (PM me for the rest - I get strange calls)

Check out my FaceBook Photopage @
https://www.facebook.com/Photography.by.Vikram.Franklin

Bharat Varma

I agree with Vikram.

Also, I see absolutely nothing unjustified in the seller asking you for a token advance. In fact, once you committed to buy, he was fully justified in expecting the full payment and I am surprised he's only asked for a token advance.

You have bought the tripod.
The seller can't use it or sell it anymore.
He has a very reasonable expectation for the funds generated by the sale.
He is simply doing you a favor by holding it for you (something one may well be uncomfortable in doing since it is simply an unasked for and unwanted responsibility).

Suggest you think it over and do the right thing.
Looking for a Rokinon/Samyang 135 F/2 Lens in excellent condition.

Also looking for a few Canon NB-10L Batteries.

Vijay Rajan

"when you commit to such a thing, you agree to his terms. It just isn't right to alter terms once the agreement is made. I sincerely hope I've misunderstood your statement above, but it does appear that you're now saying that "Yes, I did agree to buy it from you, but I didn't give you an exact date and time".

You've nailed it Vikram. Full agree with Bharat too !

Hope sanity prevails.
Canon 1Dx II, Canon 1Dx, Canon 6D, Canon 16-35 f/4 L IS, Canon 70 - 200 mm f/2.8 L IS II, Canon 500 mm f/4 L IS II.

Anybody can be a great photographer if they zoom in enough on what they love.

canon4life

Quote from: canon4life on October 06, 2014, 07:14:12 PM
Folks let me start with saying, the experience here at JJMP is nothing but awesome until now. I have several transaction with many members exceeding 10+ L over many years. I am sorry to report this one bad experience I had with Arkaraj. I am writing to save some of the frustration for other members that I faced for any future deals with this particular individual.

I responded to WTB post above, he contacted me and negotiated to send the money for pick up in Bangalore. On the day I left I made several call to confirm that he is sure to pick up. I have TXT messages from him stating that payment will be sent in 1 hour and picked up tomorrow. I was leaving to airport and told him that it is fine and left the tripod with my friend back home. From 1 hour, to days to weeks, now it is 2 months this fellow now do not respond nor answer my calls now. After a month he sent me one email stating that he was not well, I told him not an issue please take care and arrange to pick up soon. I also offered for him to pay an advance so that I can hold until you can arrange to pick this. 

This is not picked up and I cannot use it as I left it back in India. I want to caution folks to deal with this individual.   

Dear Rajeev,
Sorry that i am not able to take any call of late. I dont know what part of my text message you didnot understand that i had a surgery and shall callback once i am able to. I hadbeen working out with a person in bangalore for arranging a local pick-up, but owing to the accident, couldn't took it further. Logged in JJMPF after a few days today and saw all your measures for emphasizing me as hypocrite (saw your multiple comments on my Sale thread as well). It was very unfortunate how you have reacted in last few days and the way you have described my character. On the credibility part - i may not have sold 10L worth of equipments but whatever i have brought or sold here didn't ended up like this one. People who have bought from me is welcome to comment. Anyways, following your nice gesture, I have closed my Sale thread. Shall not be posting anythng further till the matter is settled. Can still take the Tripod - need time to arrange the pick-up since people doesnot follow your or mine schedule. If this is okay with you....kinldy wait and I shall get back. I shall be offline again for few days till i am fully recovered.
Regards.

Glad to see your response and surprised to see you post a paragraph and did not find time to respond a line or answer my calls over two months. As I told you to send an advance so that I can be assured that you will pick is still an option. I do not have arrange for shipping this back to me and I can purchase a new one that I need ASAP.

Folks, I have again reached out to Arkaraj to settle this amicably. I have yet to hear response from him. I will keep you posted. Thanks!

Folks I appreciate you all chiming in and and sharing your perspective, hopefully Arkaraj can come to terms considering all your view points, looks like he is in some sort of deadlock with me to communicate, I have yet to hear from him. Hope to get over this ordeal soon.

Thank You all.     

Hankosaurus

Rule 29c. Concluded Agreements Binding
Once buyer and seller agree to a price and terms of delivery, a contract between them exists. If either party is deemed by the Moderators to have violated that agreement without the consent of the other, then the offending Member is subject to have his JJMPF account locked. Exception: If the goods are found to be pirated, or are reported to be stolen, then a contract did not exist. See Rules 29a and 29b.
HENRY
A Certified Dinosaur
D700, F, F2, M3

Some say those of us who love to talk about cameras should instead go and take pictures. I say we should go and also take pictures.

canon4life

Quote from: canon4life on October 12, 2014, 09:55:50 PM
Quote from: canon4life on October 06, 2014, 07:14:12 PM

Dear Rajeev,
Regards.

Folks I appreciate you all chiming in and and sharing your perspective, hopefully Arkaraj can come to terms considering all your view points, looks like he is in some sort of deadlock with me to communicate, I have yet to hear from him. Hope to get over this ordeal soon.

Thank You all.   

Thank you all for sharing your views, Arkaraj had arranged for picking up 2 weeks back. I appreciate all your help. Thanks!!