News:

If you are a new member and unable to activate your account , email info@jjmehta.com

Main Menu

Feedback - FROWNS

Started by Hankosaurus, December 17, 2010, 08:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hankosaurus

Quote from: Sachn on June 19, 2012, 04:34:26 PM
When it clearly states under the Buy & Sell category that 'JJMehta has no control over this board' I think the mods need not interfere there. It's great to have stickies like the Grins and Frowns but expecting mods or even if the mods on their own accord should not involve themselves. It is a photo forum for a lot of things besides the Buy & Sell. That category is to make it easy within the forum/community but at the end it is Caveat Emptor. The buyer has to do this due diligence and if he ignores a few red flags on a deal well that's how he'll get it right the next time.

Also any seller may get away with 1 bad transaction beyond that there won't be the opportunity cause JJMPF has a lot of vigilant members constantly monitoring the B&S section... :)

This may come as a bit of a surprise to some Members, but originally the Mods tried to avoid having rules in Buy & Sell. We are all friends here, and we are adults, after all.  After some unchecked misbehavior within the Buy & Sell board in 2009, a spirited suggestion from Kartik, the Administrator/Owner of JJMPF, resulted in the Mods' creation of the Rules and their subsequent and rigorous enforcement.

Whenever the Moderators see that Members of the JJMPF are being harmed, or could be harmed, by any activity or mode of operation within Buy & Sell, or elsewhere on JJMPF, they will take action as they see appropriate in order to maintain fairness, civility, and compliance with the Rules and their underlying intent. The Rules are clear and they must be enforced.

Nevertheless, the Moderators cannot replace individual responsibility for buyers and sellers to vet and otherwise qualify the prospective Members with whom they choose to exchange photo gear and money. It is indeed their responsibility to take great caution in making those choices. In fact, the Rules say as much.

Those who have not yet taken time to read through the Rules sticky should do it.

:)
HENRY
A Certified Dinosaur
D700, F, F2, M3

Some say those of us who love to talk about cameras should instead go and take pictures. I say we should go and also take pictures.

Sachn

Henry,
So great, there is control on the B&S section. I think Karthik needs to update the description of the B&S section the next time.

Sachin.

kumarrishi

Quote from: kumarrishi on June 19, 2012, 09:46:48 PM

How do you understand what is rude or not or what is in good humour???
...then buy from amazon
...then buy from amazon >:(
...then buy from amazon ;D
...then buy from amazon ;)
...then buy from amazon :-\

Please dont judge from what it appears in written words...with these smiles now i think you can interpret in 5-6 ways. And your interpretation may depend on what mood you were in while reading these lines (without a simile).

Please respect when someone writes NON NEGOTIABLE
Quote from: kaushik_s on June 20, 2012, 04:45:33 PM

Exactly, then how can you distinguish between,
Amazon is having a better price ;)
  Amazon is having a better price :P
Amazon is having a better price  >:(
  Amazon is having a better price :o

and judge that the seller is another low-life low-baller and not a genuine buyer. I'm simply trying to say that if someone just asks for a discount or whatever (before getting annoyingly persistent on bargaining) then there are ways to say no in a polite manner than to be rude and tell the person to buzz off. If that's not clear or it's too tough for one to be polite before taking out the guns and daggers then I've nothing more to say. I rest my case here. And BTW, we are not even talking about sells with "No Negotiation" clause, so please keep that aside.
Regards,

Price debate etc, if necessary can be done by PM with the seller.

You didn't read  properly what i have written! please read it again - specially the one marked in bold now in the insert!
Rishi Kumar- 09871983240
Digital Kit- Canon 7 D and some lenses, Film: Multi camera - multi format. http://www.flickriver.com/photos/kumarrishi/

Looking for Minolta/FD/Konica lenses for some experiment

Hankosaurus

Quote from: Sachn on June 21, 2012, 09:39:24 AM
Henry,
So great, there is control on the B&S section. I think Karthik needs to update the description of the B&S section the next time. Sachin.

I see your point, Sachin. How would you re-frame it? We can recommend different words there.
HENRY
A Certified Dinosaur
D700, F, F2, M3

Some say those of us who love to talk about cameras should instead go and take pictures. I say we should go and also take pictures.

skartik12

One question?

A buyer promised to transfer money in the bank account but did not do so, maybe he changed his mind.

Is it considered OK to renegade from a committed deal without providing a reason? 

Piyusht

Quote from: skartik12 on August 07, 2012, 09:51:35 AM
One question?

A buyer promised to transfer money in the bank account but did not do so, maybe he changed his mind.

Is it considered OK to renegade from a committed deal without providing a reason?

It is not considered 'Okay' .

Any prior committment to Sell/Buy an Item and later changing mind violates the rule and imposes question on honesty of the person involved in that deal....
When a person commits to buy and so commits to pay, Seller is sure that the item would be given to him and so stops entertaining other interested persons by providing details that some person has already commited to pay.
By change of mind from Buyer, Seller does not only loose other buyers but also leads in waste of time and energy. Faith in that person later would be out of question...
Thanks
My Page

skartik12

Quote from: Raj.clicker on August 07, 2012, 04:30:31 PM
Quote from: skartik12 on August 07, 2012, 09:51:35 AM
One question?

It is not considered 'Okay' .

Any prior committment to Sell/Buy an Item and later changing mind violates the rule and honesty of the person involved in that deal....
When a person commits to buy and so commits to pays, Seller is sure that the item would be given to him and so stops entertaining other interested persons by providing details that some person has already commited to pay. By change of mind from Buyer, Seller does not only loose other buyers but also leads in waste of time and energy. Faith in that person later would be out of question...

Thanks Raj.

Anirban Brahma

Dear JJM Frnds,
For the 1st time I am being forced to write in Frowns bcoz of something which is not a huge deal but does effect trust among buyer and seller. The amount for which I am writing this only Rs 2,000 which I wouldn't have bothered much about but when someone breaks a commitment, its very hurting.

A little over a month ago I had posted to sell a Nikon 24mm 2.8 for Rs 12,000.
Mr. Dyutiman Bhattacharjee whom I had once bought stuff from before and had paid him on spot for it called me about this lens and if also I have a flash for sale since he had an event coming up in two days. I told him that I have recent bought 3 YN 565 which I havent used at all except testing and he can choose himself and take it for Rs10,000 since its an emergency... Otherwise I had no intention to sell my brand new flashes.
Anyway he came to my house (but without carrying any cash). He checked the lens and the flash. Since he had an event to shoot with no idea on hou to use a flash effectively I gave him a short lesson on the Flash and then made him understand CLS system so that he can use it off camera.
We then went out to atm, where he told me that he will give me Rs20,000 now and rest amount of Rs 2,000 in next couple of days via bank transfer.
That Rs 2,000 never came in last one month. Everytime he would tell me different versions like medical emergency, Bangkok trip etc. which might all be true but how long does it take one to transfer Rs 2,000... He even also told me that he will meet me and give me cash.
Anyway this is the case, sadly ruins my trust.

Lots of ppl in JJM have bought stuff from me over years ranging from few thousand to few lacs. Out of them some came to home to buy something and bought more stuff but since they were short on cash for the extra buy they used to go home and transfer me the money. I till date wonderful experiences every buy and sell...

Dyutiman Bhattacharjee from Kolkata has two id's... I think he stopped using one and created another one.
This is the old Id:
http://www.jjmehta.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=1331

This is the new Id: http://www.jjmehta.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=9417

and This is a post which he had posted also WTB 24mm and flash
http://www.jjmehta.com/forum/index.php?topic=19976.0

I dont know if he would send me the money or not now but frankly I dont care since this has now left a bitter experience.

iamsomnath

^ very unfortunate anirban. i hope after this post the guy involved pays pronto & clears his name.

take care & drive safe  ;)

somnath

nirmalya

Hi Anirban

So sad to learn about this! We are all proud to be with you, and you are facing issues like this!

This man Dyutiman had another id in this forum - walkonrain. He deleted this id and then came back with the other id. But he forgot to delete the id from BPC and you can check here as the proof -

http://www.bangalorephotographyclub.com/forums/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2403

See the signature at the bottom!

I think he also got one warning from Image about his duplicate ids when he put up one WTS post in this forum.

Nice experience ...

Cheers