News:

If you are a new member and unable to activate your account , email info@jjmehta.com

Main Menu

Feedback - FROWNS

Started by Hankosaurus, December 17, 2010, 08:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thad E Ginathom

Quote from: subhabratapal on August 12, 2018, 05:07:52 PMI am unwilling to sell it to him as I have dealt with him before and I will be getting back all my equipment sold to him and I WILL take legal action for the same.

Good. Lawyers are always in need of income and courts are always in need of a good laugh.

subhabratapal

Quote from: Thad E G on August 14, 2018, 12:04:22 AM
Quote from: subhabratapal on August 12, 2018, 05:07:52 PMI am unwilling to sell it to him as I have dealt with him before and I will be getting back all my equipment sold to him and I WILL take legal action for the same.

Good. Lawyers are always in need of income and courts are always in need of a good laugh.

jog on!

saurabh123

Hi, I didn't know where to post so commenting here.

I am unable to post in the sell section. After I feed in all details and upload pics and got to POST, it says - You are not allowed to access this section.
Can anyone help on this issue?

Mod Note: see THIS LINK for help linking images.
Regards,
Saurabh.

Tushar Subhro

I had purchased an Olympus OMD E-M1 from Mr. Tom Hardin (PocoLoco) in which during the series of communication he had mentioned that there is a chipping on the screen guard which he mentioned he had applied immediately after purchasing.
I was fine with it as the screen guard can be replaced or done away with and asked him to ship it. As part of the package he provided the camera with box and accessories, 2 after market batteries and a travel charger and leather case and strap. There was also a kit lens for the camera.
I was happy as this was my first M43rd system.
But when the camera arrived and I saw the chipping I found it was on the LCD and there was no screen guard.
When I took it up with Tom, he said he was "sure" there was a screen guard as he has checked it and I was unable to distinguish it from the screen.
No photographer can be that mistaken, so taking his word I actually spent half an hour trying to figure out the screen guard.
Finally when I was sure that there was none and went back to Tom, he said he would ask his wife if she had removed!
Having established the fact that the damage was on the LCD, when I asked for refund or some amount be credited in lieu of the "genuine mistake" on his behalf he denied bluntly. He said he had given me a great deal, which I would have accepted, had it not been for the chipping. It was totally a deal breaker and I would not have purchased it had he given me the correct information.
I tried to reason with him as he is a very senior person age wise but to no avail.
It is now a hard sell for me.

abhijit

If the communication where he mentioned that there is a chipping in the screen guard is recorded in PM or otherwise, with my little legal knowledge I thing it is a strong case in favour of you. I do not have much clue about how to proceed but this post is a step in the right direction. Probably you need to escalate step by step based on the response from the other side.  Even without that communication recorded, the details about the status of the equipment in the original post is a binding on his part.

Tushar Subhro

Thank you for your support.
Yes I have it on WhatsApp.
Just wanted to highlight this as he is one of the more active members and seemingly genuine and mostly responds to WTB posts.
Am sure others have had better experience with him but in this case he just pushed a damaged item.

Tushar Subhro

I informed him as soon as I received the item.

[attachment deleted by admin]

abhijit

Quote from: Tushar Subhro on August 06, 2019, 11:13:10 PM
Thank you for your support.
Yes I have it on WhatsApp.
Just wanted to highlight this as he is one of the more active members and seemingly genuine and mostly responds to WTB posts.
Am sure others have had better experience with him but in this case he just pushed a damaged item.
I understand your position
Quote from: Tushar Subhro on August 06, 2019, 11:18:23 PM
I informed him as soon as I received the item.
If you have some friend from the lawyer community it might be of help discussing the matter.

Tushar Subhro

Can the mods mediate as Tom has not responded.

Thad E Ginathom

Quote from: Tushar Subhro on August 08, 2019, 01:33:06 PM
Can the mods mediate as Tom has not responded.
Probably not the moderators' job.

We are on our own when it comes to buying and selling.