News:

If you are a new member and unable to activate your account , email info@jjmehta.com

Main Menu

Feedback - FROWNS

Started by Hankosaurus, December 17, 2010, 08:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tapobrata_tb

Had a negative experience when dealing with this user : Surendranath M for the item mentioned in this post :

https://forum.jjmehta.com/index.php/topic,69494.msg503763.html#msg503763

The lens was shipped using DTDC with a filter attached (not requested by me). I received the lens with the filter shattered, and some of the  broken pieces of the filter in the lens which I had to remove very carefully. The lens was packed in a in a flimsy carboard box with only bubble wrap, when I pointed this to the seller , he said this was due to handling issues  from the courier side, he wanted to see an unboxing video of the lens. In my 10 years with this forum, I never felt the need to do an unboxing video for any item, however I urge fellow members to take an unboxing video of any item when buying from this seller. He has other items for sale in this forum too. Also the lens was shipped with an after market lens cap, seller only mentioned this fact after shipping the lens. I am still waiting for him to dispatch the original lens cap.

JessePinkmanYo

This feedback is about use of Multiple/Dummy/Group IDs for conducting and manipulating transactions on this forum or using the same for other ulterior/fraudulent motives. I have been experiencing several attempts at this lately - sometimes with proof, at other times with just hunches.

An active forum member has recently got one of his "friends" to buy an item from me simply because I refused to deal with him basis our earlier interactions. I dont even know if this "friend" is actually for real or just another Dummy/Group ID for the active member. Details regarding the nature of this "Proxy Purchase" were NOT disclosed beforehand but came into light only after I made independent enquiries. Since the payment was already made and I didnt want to make an issue out of this, I decided to go ahead and ship the item. I have also decided not to disclose the names/IDs of the parties involved (unless there is further provocation) or request MODs to intervene regarding this. That said, I do find it highly unfair that people would have no hesitation indulging in such practices while I should have qualms reporting them.

Operating Multiple/Dummy/Group IDs, etc can by itself be a very problematic thing for any forum (our own forum prohibits this practice via Item.14 of BST Guidelines). But the importance of abundant caution while dealing with Multiple/new/dormant/inactive IDs cannot be overemphasised even from a sellers perspective. Its a very common practice on OLX, FB, etc to use multiple IDs to 'soften' a seller to get him to sell something for cheap. Or buy a cheap item using Dummy IDs and get potshots at seller for free ! These are just examples. The possibilities, to use that cliche, are "limitless".

On a related note, I often get enquiries where buyer agrees to buy and at last moment chickens out by blaming - my "friend" does not need this anymore. While it may be alright to buy for "friends", I think a proper prior disclosure regarding this is in order. Just as we expect a disclosure from seller selling on behalf of a "friend", I would expect a disclosure from buyer buying on behalf of a "friend" ! Can save a lot of potential trouble and heartburns later.

There's just too much of buying on behalf of a "friend" happening these days.
YO, YO, YO ! Seven-Zero-Zero to the 0 to the 5 to the 4 - representin' the K-O-L. What up, B-Yatch? Leave the phone.

Bharat Varma

DTDC has gone to the dogs.

I strongly suggest filing a consumer complaint against the company for the damage.

Send one mail to DTDC with details of the damage and demand adequate compensation. Keep track of any response from them (which is very likely to be either nil, or just a stupid template driven mail), and then report them to the consumer forum.

(The shoddy packaging is inexcusable, and the seller is certainly at least partly responsible for this unfortunate occurence).

Quote from: tapobrata_tb on September 04, 2024, 09:44:53 AMHad a negative experience when dealing with this user : Surendranath M for the item mentioned in this post :

https://forum.jjmehta.com/index.php/topic,69494.msg503763.html#msg503763

The lens was shipped using DTDC with a filter attached (not requested by me). I received the lens with the filter shattered, and some of the  broken pieces of the filter in the lens which I had to remove very carefully. The lens was packed in a in a flimsy carboard box with only bubble wrap, when I pointed this to the seller , he said this was due to handling issues  from the courier side, he wanted to see an unboxing video of the lens. In my 10 years with this forum, I never felt the need to do an unboxing video for any item, however I urge fellow members to take an unboxing video of any item when buying from this seller. He has other items for sale in this forum too. Also the lens was shipped with an after market lens cap, seller only mentioned this fact after shipping the lens. I am still waiting for him to dispatch the original lens cap.
Looking for a Rokinon/Samyang 135 F/2 Lens in excellent condition.

Also looking for a few Canon NB-10L Batteries.