News:

If you are a new member and unable to activate your account , email info@jjmehta.com

Main Menu

Film And Digital

Started by Mallik, December 16, 2021, 12:00:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thereisnobeginning

Quote from: Mallik on December 16, 2021, 08:31:23 PM
Thank you :). The film I used was expired one ( stored in fridge) and the development(chemistry used) also affects how grainy the results are. as such it is ISO 400 film which is expected to have some grain. Mix it with my noob knowledge in developing film, and you get this results  ;D.

I will try converting the digital files to B&W, for sure the digital images will look clean and much sharper :) but I don't think it will have the same tonal range of film.

Thanks. I look forward to a comparison of the converted digital image with the film image.
Regards,
thereisnobeginning

Mallik

Quote from: thereisnobeginning on December 17, 2021, 05:37:33 PM
Thanks. I look forward to a comparison of the converted digital image with the film image.

Added quick BW version of the digital images as well to the original post :)
Cheers,
Mallik

thereisnobeginning

Quote from: Mallik on December 19, 2021, 07:10:08 PM
Added quick BW version of the digital images as well to the original post :)

Lovely.
The film image has depth and looks more three-dimensional compared to the digital one. That may be because the wide angle lens on the digital camera flattens the scene, and perhaps the larger format of the film also helps. The dynamic range in both appear almost similar, at least on my monitor.
Regards,
thereisnobeginning