News:

If you are a new member and unable to activate your account , email info@jjmehta.com

Main Menu

Mysore Palace (PS white balanced image added)

Started by ISO, December 27, 2021, 09:06:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ISO

Quote from: Thad E Ginathom on January 04, 2022, 05:53:47 PM
Quote from: ISO on January 04, 2022, 04:51:58 PMYou made damn curious. Would you mind sharing name? I listen lot of classical also. Let me guess is she Kaushiki Chakraborty ?

Oh yes, she's lovely too! And what a voice! But wrong end of the country. The young lady I'm thinking of is a carnatic vocalist, Brinda Manickavasagam

Yes, quick google image search shows quite a variation of skin tone.

But why Kaushiqui is wrong end of country? Bengol has long tradition in music. Anwesha Gupta from WB is one more rising star.

Thad E Ginathom

Quote from: ISO on January 04, 2022, 06:08:55 PM
Quote from: ISO on January 04, 2022, 04:51:58 PMYou made damn curious. Would you mind sharing name? I listen lot of classical also. Let me guess is she Kaushiki Chakraborty ?

Oh yes, she's lovely too! And what a voice! But wrong end of the country. The young lady I'm thinking of is a carnatic vocalist, Brinda Manickavasagam

But why Kaushiqui is wrong end of country? Bengol has long tradition in music. Anwesha Gupta from WB is one more rising star.
I meant "wrong" as in guess, not as in judgement, personal, musical, geographical or cultural! She's wonderful, as is the music sings.  :)

ISO

Quote from: Thad E Ginathom on January 05, 2022, 02:44:41 AM
Quote from: ISO on January 04, 2022, 06:08:55 PM

I meant "wrong" as in guess, not as in judgement, personal, musical, geographical or cultural! She's wonderful, as is the music sings.  :)

No problem, in fact Kaushiki is regular contributor of Sawai Gandharva, a very long prestigious festival of Pune. So Pune is her second home :)