JJMehta on X - x.com/jjmehta

Main Menu

Landscape

Started by hvyas, January 14, 2022, 02:08:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hvyas

Bharat Varma

Disorienting..  ;D

(Guess that was one objective of the capture).

I do see the curved wall is vertical at the bends, so it's just the landscape that's like this. Where is this?
Looking for a Rokinon/Samyang 135 F/2 Lens in excellent condition.

Also looking for a few Canon NB-10L Batteries.

hvyas

Thanks, Bharat. This was shot from a moving bus on the outskirts of London. It was a hillock slope, the trees which are verticle and as you said the the leading wall too is verticle, the peculiar topography tempted me to shoot  :)

thereisnobeginning

Nice.
The low stone walls separating the fields is a peculiar but quaintly old-fashioned characteristic of the English landscape.
TFS.
Regards,
thereisnobeginning

Thad E Ginathom

Quote from: Bharat Varma on January 14, 2022, 04:28:22 PM
Disorienting..  ;D

Not really: it's a hill! But yes, somehow the lines are  a little strange. It is the buildings that, for me, make it make visual sense.

Lovely English countryside. But I'm surprised to know that it is near London: This kind of wall building is moorland stuff (or Cotswalds, if it is yellow)

hvyas

Thanks, t..i..n..b.. and Thad E G.
Thad- We were on our way to Scotland from London. The first halt after leaving London was Balaji Temple and the next one was at Windermere Lake District. This image was shot somewhere in between.

ISO

Quote from: Thad E Ginathom on January 14, 2022, 06:41:08 PM
Quote from: Bharat Varma on January 14, 2022, 04:28:22 PM
Disorienting..  ;D

Not really: it's a hill! But yes, somehow the lines are  a little strange. It is the buildings that, for me, make it make visual sense.

Lovely English countryside. But I'm surprised to know that it is near London: This kind of wall building is moorland stuff (or Cotswalds, if it is yellow)

+1

Nice view. Why not to add some more saturation to green?

hvyas

Thanks, Mukund. Will try more saturated greens.

Thad E Ginathom

Quote from: hvyas on January 15, 2022, 07:54:27 AM
Thanks, t..i..n..b.. and Thad E G.
Thad- We were on our way to Scotland from London. The first halt after leaving London was Balaji Temple and the next one was at Windermere Lake District. This image was shot somewhere in between.
I had not heard of that temple before. Internet tells me that it is  Birmingham, UK's second-largest city --- and where my dad spent his working life :). So you were somewhere Midlands to North.

I think I've driven from London to the Lake District only twice: subsequent visits were by train. 

hvyas

Thanks, Thad for the info. You are right. The link to the temple-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shri_Venkateswara_(Balaji)_Temple.
My two shots of the temple-
IMGP1841 by hansraj_vyas, on Flickr

IMGP1843 by hansraj_vyas, on Flickr