Lab mode colour processing

Started by ISO, May 01, 2022, 09:08:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ISO

Sharing old photo processed using Lab Color space.

thereisnobeginning

Some deep saturated colors there.
I presume you refer to the CIELAB color definition. Do you also have an image processed using sRGB? It would be interesting to see them side by side, though the monitor may not be able to show any significant difference.
TFS.
Regards,
thereisnobeginning

ISO

Quote from: thereisnobeginning on May 01, 2022, 06:16:48 PM
Some deep saturated colors there.
I presume you refer to the CIELAB color definition. Do you also have an image processed using sRGB? It would be interesting to see them side by side, though the monitor may not be able to show any significant difference.
TFS.

Thanks

This was old photo from my Rajasthan trip. AFAIR this photo closely resembles the actual beauty of the artefact that have deep blue. Unfortunately I don't have RAW to compare RGB mode of processing.

LAB was used to process color and again converted to sRFB for web use.

GIRISH22

Very nice and beautiful colours

ISO

Thad E Ginathom

In Rawtherapee the LAB controls give some amazing possibilities. My favourite is adjusting level according to hue. Changing the brightness of particular colours.

Flower pic with over-bright green leaves? Very easy to change :)

(I do very little processing from raw. Usually tweak camera jpegs using GIMP)

hvyas

Very nice, Mukund. Deep,saturated colours !

ISO

Quote from: Thad E Ginathom on May 02, 2022, 03:34:21 PM
In Rawtherapee the LAB controls give some amazing possibilities. My favourite is adjusting level according to hue. Changing the brightness of particular colours.

Flower pic with over-bright green leaves? Very easy to change :)

(I do very little processing from raw. Usually tweak camera jpegs using GIMP)

Thanks for commenting. My goal here was increasing color saturation using A and B channel without affecting luminance that is power of LAB mode. Unfortunately it is 8bit mode (don't know if there are any recent change) but using some PS tricks only required information can be blend to original image.

ISO

Manabendra Dey

For beginners in photography, I have a website to checkout : https://learnasyoulike.com/photography/photography-home.php