No E-mail Notification For PM Received

Started by JessePinkmanYo, December 20, 2022, 09:25:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JessePinkmanYo

Have had a few instances in the last couple of months when I have not received e-mail notifications in respect of Personal Messages received on the forum. However, the messages are visible in my JJMPF inbox when I log-in.

Usually this is less of a problem but lately there's been a bug truncating messages in JJMPF inbox while the same message is visible in its entirety when received on e-mail !

Anyone experiencing this issue ?
YO, YO, YO ! Seven-Zero-Zero to the 0 to the 5 to the 4 - representin' the K-O-L. What up, B-Yatch? Leave the phone.

Pratik

In my case it was because Gmail was classifying it as spam. I found them in my spam folder and reported them as not spam. Now it works fine!
Instagram:  @photosbyprtk

swapnilkambli

Quote from: Pratik on January 14, 2023, 09:22:10 PM
In my case it was because Gmail was classifying it as spam. I found them in my spam folder and reported them as not spam. Now it works fine!
Same happened with me
Thanks,
Swapnil

https://instagram.com/a_light_writer

Sony A7iv | Sony a6600 | Sony ZV1 | GoPro Hero 8 | Insta360 One x2 | Samsung Note 20  | Sony 70-350 | Tamron 28-75 | Sigma 85 1.4 dg dn |Sigma 35 1.4 dg dn| Sigma 16-28mm 2.8

JessePinkmanYo

Thanks for the revert. Not likely to be an issue of JJMPF e-mails suddenly getting classified as SPAM after having got thousands of JJMPF mails earlier (though I did crosscheck just to be sure).
YO, YO, YO ! Seven-Zero-Zero to the 0 to the 5 to the 4 - representin' the K-O-L. What up, B-Yatch? Leave the phone.

Bharat Varma

If the mails aren't in spam, it's probably a forum bug.

But I would also not rely on gmail for being reliable or fool proof spam wise.
It can indeed randomly start classifying important mails as spam, while letting totally obvious spam through.

Whether this is commerce driven, or faulty algorithms at work is hard to say. You just have to accept the unpredictability and adapt accordingly, unfortunately.

Quote from: sydbarett on January 18, 2023, 10:55:35 AM

Thanks for the revert. Not likely to be an issue of JJMPF e-mails suddenly getting classified as SPAM after having got thousands of JJMPF mails earlier (though I did crosscheck just to be sure).
Looking for a Rokinon/Samyang 135 F/2 Lens in excellent condition.

Also looking for a few Canon NB-10L Batteries.

JessePinkmanYo

Quote from: Bharat Varma on January 18, 2023, 09:29:02 PM
If the mails aren't in spam, it's probably a forum bug.

Yes by all accounts this indeed seems to be a forum bug - much like the truncated messages.

About gmail spam filters, the lesser said the better. It is just a machine learning monster that gives the largest share of revenues to Google. Actual Spam filtering, if any, is purely incidental.

JessePinkmanYo

Once again facing the same issue. This time no e-mail notification for all messages received since site was updated. E-mails have totally stopped. Checked spam, its not there either.

Anyone facing this issue ?

Parampreet Dhatt

You may want to recheck your notification settings. With the recent update to the forum software, it is possible that these settings have been reset.

Attaching two screenshots showing where to find these settings.
Sony FE 35mm F1.4 GM | Sony FE 50mm F1.2 GM
Fujifilm X-H2S | Fujifilm X-T5 | Fujifilm 18mm F1.4 LM WR | Sigma 18-50mm F2.8 DC DN | Fujifilm 23mm F1.4 LM WR | Viltrox 27mm F1.2 PRO | Fujifilm 33mm F1.4 LM WR | Fujifilm 56mm F1.2 WR
Panasonic Lumix G9 II | Leica DG Vario-Elmarit 12-60mm F2.8-4 | Leica DG Summilux 15mm F1.7 | Leica DG Summilux 25mm F1.4 | Olympus 45mm F1.8 | Olympus 60mm F2.8 Macro | Olympus 75mm F1.8 | Leica DG Vario-Elmar 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 II | Olympus 300mm F4 IS Pro | Olympus MC-14 1.4x TC
Ricoh GR III + GW-4

Instagram: http://instagram.com/parampreet | Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/parampreetdhatt/

JessePinkmanYo

Quote from: Parampreet Dhatt on March 12, 2024, 01:53:04 PMYou may want to recheck your notification settings. With the recent update to the forum software, it is possible that these settings have been reset.

Attaching two screenshots showing where to find these settings.

Thank you for posting this.
This may not be applicable to me but I'm sure it'll be very useful to many.

Kartik - JJMPF Admin

Is everyone missing notifications , will have to recheck my outgoing mail server settings
Kartik Mehta - Admin
Email me regarding this forum at info@jjmehta.com
On Twitter : http://twitter.com/jjmehta & On Facebook : http://fb.me/jjmehta
Amateur Photographer at Best !