News:

JJMehta on Insta - ig.me/jjmehta

Main Menu

Mandu fort - Madya Pradesh.

Started by hvyas, February 06, 2024, 05:37:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hvyas

giridhar

Beautiful set, like the idea of having selective coloring only at the center of the image in #1, but I think it could have been more refined to finish the image. #2 is my pick from the set. Thanks for sharing

hvyas

Thanks, Giridhar for liking the images and the suggestion  :)

GIRISH22

Thad E Ginathom

DeepakS

The first three pictures, most of all Number 2, show severe vertical distortion. This tends to happen while using very wide angle lenses to photograph buildings

Here is an write-up on how to tackle Architectural Distortion in camera and during post processing.

https://northrup.photo/controlling-vertical-distortion-in-architectural-photography/

hvyas

Thanks, Girish and Thad E G for liking the images.
DeepakS- thanks for your comments. I am aware of distortions and ways to correct them through lightroom/photoshop, tilt/shift lenses and in wet darkroom while printing but since at times I like UWA lens distortions, I don't do any corrections. In my opinion,for example,the impact of 2nd image would be lost if corrections are done.

DeepakS

Quote from: hvyas on February 08, 2024, 08:50:20 AM

DeepakS- thanks for your comments. . . . .  at times I like UWA lens distortions, I don't do any corrections. In my opinion,for example,the impact of 2nd image would be lost if corrections are done.

If Ultra wide angle architectural distortion is a look you are going for,  care must be taken to get the horizontal plane level.
In Pictures 1, 3 and 4 the ground is tilted. This is not due to distortion. It is quite easily corrected in Lightroom.
I do not mean to offend or nit-pick but when both the horizontal and vertical planes are out of alignment it appears as if  a mistake was made.

hvyas