Which used Canon Camera body should I go for in a 50,000 Budget?

Started by ssablania, February 24, 2024, 03:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ssablania

I do wildlife photography, and currently, I'm using a Sigma 150-600mm lens with a Canon 1300D body and it's safe to say that the lens is too much for the body. It struggles to autofocus because I can't take flight shots of birds. Also, because of the low FPS, I've always struggled to get the shot I planned. So, kindly suggest the used body I should look out for on the forum within 50,000 rupees. Thank you!

Bharat Varma

Quote from: ssablania on February 24, 2024, 03:40:51 PMI do wildlife photography, and currently, I'm using a Sigma 150-600mm lens with a Canon 1300D body and it's safe to say that the lens is too much for the body. It struggles to autofocus because I can't take flight shots of birds. Also, because of the low FPS, I've always struggled to get the shot I planned. So, kindly suggest the used body I should look out for on the forum within 50,000 rupees. Thank you!

Your choices within this budget in order of preference are -

Crop Bodies -

• One of the X0 D Bodies (50D, 70D, 80D, 90D). Avoid the 60D as it is missing AF microadjustment.
  • a 7D or a 7D mk II
  • Any of the 1D bodies, depending on the resolution that you need and weight you are willing to carry.

Full Frame -

• Anything from 5D mk3 or mk4 onwards. A 5D mk4 in good shape will likely exceed your budget, though.
  • 1Ds mk III (incredible camera, the images are quite special). You could even shoot with a 1.4x Kenko TC on the 150-600, although with much reduced AF speeds. Again, a good piece may exceed your budget.

In short, get a 7D if you want to stick to Canon. Get a 7D II if you find a good piece in your budget.

Looking for a Rokinon/Samyang 135 F/2 Lens in excellent condition.

Also looking for a few Canon NB-10L Batteries.

ssablania

Quote from: Bharat Varma on February 25, 2024, 08:52:16 PM
Quote from: ssablania on February 24, 2024, 03:40:51 PMI do wildlife photography, and currently, I'm using a Sigma 150-600mm lens with a Canon 1300D body and it's safe to say that the lens is too much for the body. It struggles to autofocus because I can't take flight shots of birds. Also, because of the low FPS, I've always struggled to get the shot I planned. So, kindly suggest the used body I should look out for on the forum within 50,000 rupees. Thank you!

Your choices within this budget in order of preference are -

Crop Bodies -

• One of the X0 D Bodies (50D, 70D, 80D, 90D). Avoid the 60D as it is missing AF microadjustment.
  • a 7D or a 7D mk II
  • Any of the 1D bodies, depending on the resolution that you need and weight you are willing to carry.

Full Frame -

• Anything from 5D mk3 or mk4 onwards. A 5D mk4 in good shape will likely exceed your budget, though.
  • 1Ds mk III (incredible camera, the images are quite special). You could even shoot with a 1.4x Kenko TC on the 150-600, although with much reduced AF speeds. Again, a good piece may exceed your budget.

In short, get a 7D if you want to stick to Canon. Get a 7D II if you find a good piece in your budget.

Hi there! Thanks for your suggestion. I really appreciate it. Also, I just wanted to ask if you have anything for sale that matches my criteria. If yes, then kindly let me know here or in the personal message section. Thanks!

Bharat Varma

Looking for a Rokinon/Samyang 135 F/2 Lens in excellent condition.

Also looking for a few Canon NB-10L Batteries.

Kartik - JJMPF Admin

Kartik Mehta - Admin
Email me regarding this forum at info@jjmehta.com
On Twitter : http://twitter.com/jjmehta & On Facebook : http://fb.me/jjmehta
Amateur Photographer at Best !