News:

JJMehta Whatsapp wa.me/919833771200

Main Menu

Natural Arch At Vizag

Started by Tarun Kumar Ghosh, April 01, 2024, 10:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarun Kumar Ghosh

Natural Arch At Vizag  during my last tour.

ashutosh1979

ISO

Excellent dynamic range managed.

Tarun Kumar Ghosh

Tarun Kumar Ghosh

DeepakS

It is a nice enough image. However ( I say this the best of intentions in the interest of sharing what I have learned), it could be greatly improved by the following :
1. Time of the day. This appears to be taken sometime between 10am and 2pm with sun quite high up in the sky in harsh light. Thus the low dynamic range, somewhat flat look. Sunrise or sunset would be more pleasing to the eye. Or even with water rushing through the arch during the high tide.
2. Perspective. Here it appears that we are at a height looking down at the arch diminishing its size and reducing its visual and unique impact. If you got low and photographed up towards the arch it would appear more imposing and impactful.
3. Size. This looks quite small in the current angle that we are looking at it. Also the viewer is wondering "how big is this thing"? Posing a human being or manmade object in the frame would give the viewer a better appreciation of its size.

Go back there and try again if you can - Landscape photography is one of the most difficult genres of photography to master. Keep at it. . it will happen.

Some images from the same site sourced from Google images to show what I meant.

Tarun Kumar Ghosh

Quote from: DeepakS on April 05, 2024, 10:33:14 PMIt is a nice enough image. However ( I say this the best of intentions in the interest of sharing what I have learned), it could be greatly improved by the following :
1. Time of the day. This appears to be taken sometime between 10am and 2pm with sun quite high up in the sky in harsh light. Thus the low dynamic range, somewhat flat look. Sunrise or sunset would be more pleasing to the eye. Or even with water rushing through the arch during the high tide.
2. Perspective. Here it appears that we are at a height looking down at the arch diminishing its size and reducing its visual and unique impact. If you got low and photographed up towards the arch it would appear more imposing and impactful.
3. Size. This looks quite small in the current angle that we are looking at it. Also the viewer is wondering "how big is this thing"? Posing a human being or manmade object in the frame would give the viewer a better appreciation of its size.

Go back there and try again if you can - Landscape photography is one of the most difficult genres of photography to master. Keep at it. . it will happen.

Some images from the same site sourced from Google images to show what I meant.

Thanks for the reply. You are right I took it at about 1PM during my sight seeing tour at Vizag. However if I go back there in near future certainly keep your points in mind.  I learn a lot from your post. Many thanks.