News:

If you are a new member and unable to activate your account , email info@jjmehta.com

Main Menu

Bird Photography

Started by Abhishek Paranjape, April 21, 2024, 10:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abhishek Paranjape

Quote from: Thad E Ginathom on April 22, 2024, 05:51:15 PM
Quote from: Krish Chandran on April 22, 2024, 12:41:27 PMThe Nikon Z8/Z9 allows the "i menu" to be customized to switch Shooting banks (a slightly more evolved version than what was on the D500/D850)

Sony has a similar(?) system where pressing a button gives you an overriding set of settings. In fact, you can three buttons, three sets. I guess that, for it to be fast enough, it might need to to be thumb-on-button*finger-on-shutter.

I've never tried it. But I do come across people who find it genuinely useful.

thank you for this. my friend is on a sony system, will let him know about the same.
Abhishek Paranjape
Human Being
Nikon D4, NIkon Z8, Nikon- 2/3 Holy Troika, 20mm 1.8, 105mm 1.4
Godox Flashes, Nikon Speedlights

DeepakS

While it is good to get help from people who are already accomplished in what you intend to do, your best learning will come with practical trial & experience.
As a long time photog you must have plenty of memory cards lying about. Take them with you when you go into the field. Try each method on one card. Remove it try the next method on another card. . . and so on.
When you get back to your computer you will have clearly differentiated folders of pictures of each method you tried.  Comparing them will help you decide on the method to adopt.

Bharat Varma

Quote from: DeepakS on April 23, 2024, 08:08:46 PMWhile it is good to get help from people who are already accomplished in what you intend to do, your best learning will come with practical trial & experience.
As a long time photog you must have plenty of memory cards lying about. Take them with you when you go into the field. Try each method on one card. Remove it try the next method on another card. . . and so on.
When you get back to your computer you will have clearly differentiated folders of pictures of each method you tried.  Comparing them will help you decide on the method to adopt.

Good idea.

Extending this further -

Do memory banks on Nikon support saving to different folders on a single card?
Do custom settings on Canon enable this?

If yes, this would probably make things easier. (Any image within a folder would provide the required settings info).
Looking for a Rokinon/Samyang 135 F/2 Lens in excellent condition.

Also looking for a few Canon NB-10L Batteries.

Abhishek Paranjape

Quote from: Bharat Varma on April 23, 2024, 09:33:28 PM
Quote from: DeepakS on April 23, 2024, 08:08:46 PMWhile it is good to get help from people who are already accomplished in what you intend to do, your best learning will come with practical trial & experience.

Good idea.

Extending this further -

Do memory banks on Nikon support saving to different folders on a single card?
Do custom settings on Canon enable this?

If yes, this would probably make things easier. (Any image within a folder would provide the required settings info).

no, this is not supported on Nikon. but i do follow a simple idea when i am shooting different techniques. i just a put a hand in front of the lens when switching to something new. when checking the snaps, i know that what follows after the hand is different.
Abhishek Paranjape
Human Being
Nikon D4, NIkon Z8, Nikon- 2/3 Holy Troika, 20mm 1.8, 105mm 1.4
Godox Flashes, Nikon Speedlights