WTS: Nikon FE Film SLR + Nikkor 50mm AF 1.8 D lens

Started by neerajdvarma, July 29, 2024, 08:00:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neerajdvarma

PRICE LOWERED.

Hi everyone, I'm selling my Nikon FE and Nikkor AF 50mm 1.8 D (together or separately). I bought this on OLX about 6 years ago when I was first getting started with film, and have since acquired two more which I now use over this. Seeing as I don't plan to use the FE at all I thought I'd offer it out in case someone was interested in purchasing it.

NIKON FE -------

20240729-DSC_6634.jpg

20240729-DSC_6635.jpg

Asking Price: Rs. 12,500/- 11,000/-
Item Location: Chennai
Item's Age & its Description:  Manufactured between 1978-1983. I am unaware of the number of owners prior to the person I bought it from in 2018.

A few notes about this camera you should know: The lightmeter inside the viewfinder doesn't work, but using batteries still allows auto-exposure modes to work just fine. I've used this sometimes when I didn't have time to calculate manual exposures and it seemed to work just fine in a pinch - the meter doesn't show anything but it works. If you're unsure, the manual modes are quite accurate as long as your batteries are charged. Without any batteries, this runs at a shutter speed of 1/90 locked. I'll throw in a couple of LR-44s with the camera so you can start shooting right away. Please remove batteries when not in use.

Do you have the original Bill?: No
Do you have the original Box: No
Objects included for listed item** (caps, lens shade, box, etc.): Camera Body
Missing or damaged parts of item offered: None
Is the Item under warranty?: No
What is the shutter count?: N/A
Are you interested in trading this item? : No

Condition (Appearance/ Functionality):
Appearance is a 7.5/10 for its age. It has usage scratches around the metal body but the integrity is great and the leather padding is still in good condition. Light sealing in film compartment is perfect. The viewfinder/mirror has some artifacts/squiggles when you're looking through, but the focusing prism, etc. work fine. All parts, hooks, wheels, hinges, etc. are in good condition.
Functionality is probably a 8/10. It works perfectly fine apart from the lightmeter not working inside the viewfinder. Automatic exposure shooting modes also work quite accurately. The self-timer, focusing prism, film advance, rewinder, spools, film counter, film release, etc. are all working fine.

Repairs done and parts replaced: No
Optics condition, Front/Back/Inside with respect to:  Fungus: No    Dust: Yes, some Haze: Yes, subtle Scratches: Minor Aperture function: N/A

----------------------------------------------------------

NIKKOR AF 50mm 1.8 D -------

20240729-DSC_6637.jpg

20240729-DSC_6638.jpg

Asking Price: Rs. 5,500/- 4,500/-
Item Location: Chennai
Item's Age & its Description:  Unsure. Probably 8~ years old. Bought this used with the above Nikon FE on OLX in 2018. It is an F-mount lens that works with all dslr bodies, with autofocus on bodies with a focusing motor (D750, etc). It has a manual aperture ring which is helpful shooting film on manual bodies.

Do you have the original Bill?: No
Do you have the original Box: No
Objects included for listed item** (caps, lens shade, box, etc.): Lens only. No caps/covers.
Missing or damaged parts of item offered: None
Is the Item under warranty?: No
What is the shutter count?: N/A
Are you interested in trading this item? : No

Condition (Appearance/ Functionality):
Appearance is a 8/10. There is no significant damage apart from signs of uses, slight scratches here and there on the plastic shell. The topmost optical (UV?) coating on the front has very minute degradation on the edges but it seems to have no noticeable affect on anything I've shot on film or digital. There central areas of the lens elements are all clear and perfectly usable without cleaning. There are small specks of dust here and there on the edges which don't affect functionality. All markings and measurements printed on the lens are also in great condition.
Functionality is a 8/10. It is accurate and has good optical performance. My only issue with it is the focus/aperture rings are slightly scratchy after years of use (probably due to dust buildup) but this can be cleaned by a technician quite easily. Knocked a couple points off for that. Focusing to just short of infinity thus may require a lil bit of adjusting here and there due to this.

Repairs done and parts replaced: No
Optics condition, Front/Back/Inside with respect to:  Fungus: No    Dust: No Haze: No Scratches: few cosmetic but not really visible Aperture function: All working, f1.8-f/22.

a.png

----------------------------------------------------------

Accepted Payment Types: UPI preferred
Return Policy Applicable/ Not Applicable (Terms & Conditions): No returns please.
Shipping: Buyer pays, but if you buy both the camera and lens I'll be happy to cover shipping and offer a lower total price.
Contact: Please reply to the post and/or DM me here and we can speak over the phone thereafter if you're interested.

SUMMARY:
Nikon FE SLR : INR 12,500/- 11,000
Nikkor 50mm AF 1.8 D : INR 5,500/- 4,500
BOTH : INR 16,000/- 13,500 & shipping is on me.

Cheers, and have a good one :)
Nikon Z5 | Nikon FE | Minolta X-700 | Canonet QL17 GIII

neerajdvarma

I took a whole bunch of photos earlier because I forgot about the ID/SNo in photos rule, and had to do it all over again in the dark which are the photos above. Sharing a link to more photos I took in better lighting so you can have a closer look at the condition, etc. Cheers :)

https://imgur.com/a/n5g4Vbc

neerajdvarma