News:

If you are a new member and unable to activate your account , email info@jjmehta.com

Main Menu

SOLD: WTS: Nikkor 500mm PF Prime in Mint Condition

Started by raj.bikerboyz@gmail.com, August 29, 2024, 09:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raj.bikerboyz@gmail.com

Caution!  Buyers are strongly advised to read the Forum Rules and do their own due diligence before buying.

Item for Sale: Nikkor 500mm PF 5.6
Asking Price: 1,60,000 SOLD
Item Location: Bangalore
Item's Age & its Description: 4 years old. Legendary lens with absolute image sharpness, quality, & very light weight. Kept with almost care and in new like condition.
Are you the original owner?: Yes, but I had bought it from a fellow bird photography enthusiast
Do you have the original Bill?: No
Objects included for listed item: Lens, both caps, hood, box, pouch, Lens coat, warranty card
Missing or damaged parts of item offered: No
Is the Item under warranty: No
Are you interested in trading this item: No
Condition: Appearance 9/10, Functionality 10/10
Repairs done and parts replaced: No
Optics condition: Absolutely free from fungus, dust and scratches. In mint condition
Shipping Destinations: All over India at buyers risk
Preferred Shipping Services: Buyers preference at his cost
Accepted Payment Types: GPay / Account Transfer
Special Note: I'm also giving away Wimberly foot replacement which provides better handling with gimbal or tripods, it alone costs 10k
If you don't see my response, feel free to reach me or whatsapp at 9886363405

raj.bikerboyz@gmail.com

Some additional pics since there was a limit in original post

DeepakS

Could you clarify please
Are you the first/ original owner of the lens ?
The " Yes, but I had bought it from a fellow bird photography enthusiast" remark is confusing

raj.bikerboyz@gmail.com

Quote from: DeepakS on August 31, 2024, 04:13:37 PMCould you clarify please
The " Yes, but I had bought it from a fellow bird photography enthusiast" remark is confusing

Hi Deepak, sorry if it's confusing.. when I say original owner I mean I'm the present original owner.

DeepakS

Quote from: raj.bikerboyz@gmail.com on August 31, 2024, 06:18:48 PM

Hi Deepak, sorry if it's confusing.. when I say original owner I mean I'm the present original owner.
The person who first bought it from a shop would be the first or original owner of the lens. When the lens was sold to the next person he would become the second owner of the lens.

Did you buy this lens from a shop when it was new,  or did you buy it second hand from someone who owned it before?
How many people owned this lens before you owned it? 

What is the date of its original purchase - that means, when did it come out of the shop, new? The term "4 years old" is vague and unspecific. 

The reason I ask is that a quick search of the 500PF serial number on your lens shows that serial numbers starting with 2056XX were being shipped in the year 2019, suggesting that this lens may be older than 5 years. I will admit that I am not sure, so please ascertain and clarify.

DeepakS

Perhaps if you post another view of this label, the full  "date of Import" could clarify the age of the lens

raj.bikerboyz@gmail.com

Quote from: DeepakS on September 01, 2024, 04:18:09 PM
Quote from: raj.bikerboyz@gmail.com on August 31, 2024, 06:18:48 PM

The person who first bought it from a shop would be the first or original owner of the lens. When the lens was sold to the next person he would become the second owner of the lens.

Did you buy this lens from a shop when it was new,  or did you buy it second hand from someone who owned it before?
How many people owned this lens before you owned it? 

What is the date of its original purchase - that means, when did it come out of the shop, new? The term "4 years old" is vague and unspecific.

The reason I ask is that a quick search of the 500PF serial number on your lens shows that serial numbers starting with 2056XX were being shipped in the year 2019, suggesting that this lens may be older than 5 years. I will admit that I am not sure, so please ascertain and clarify.

Hi Deepak, thanks for your input. Just to clarify, I never claimed to be the first owner in my original post, and I reiterated this in my response to your query. I want to ensure there's no confusion—I'm the second owner.

The original owner mentioned that he purchased the lens in 2020, but he didn't provide any bills saying it's misplaced. My main concern was whether the lens was in good condition and if the seller was trustworthy, which is what mattered most to me.

While I don't have bills to verify the purchase date, you pointed out that these lenses were shipped in 2019. The original owner claimed a purchase in August 2020, which seems reasonable given the shipping date, making it around 4 years old which is what has been quoted as well..

What I can confidently vouch for is the lens's condition, and I've provided all the details as accurately as possible and best to my knowledge.

Thanks
Prithvi

DeepakS

Thanks for the explanation. However the actual age of the lens is still unclear. That is all I am discussing, not about its condition.

May I request you to post a full picture of the label on the box where it specifies the "date of import". Maybe that could shed some light on when it was shipped and sold.

raj.bikerboyz@gmail.com

Here you go. It's says imported on 2018 Aug.

DeepakS

Thank you. This clarifies it.

At that time this lens was very highly sought after and was on back order, worldwide,  with waiting times of 2/3 months before orders were fulfilled. So it is unlikely that a Nikon 500PF lens imported in August 2018 remained in a warehouse until August 2020 before being sold.

So I would assess the age of this lens at about nearly 6 years