News:

If you are a new member and unable to activate your account , email info@jjmehta.com

Main Menu

Some Portraits from 2019.

Started by toofan, January 17, 2021, 12:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toofan

Friends,
This is a small pre wed type of photo shoot for me. No experience in this field at all.
After re visiting these images after almost 2 years I can now see more areas of improvement. C&C always welcome.

D7000+ 50mm 1.8D + Off camera Flash through a white shoot through umbrella for some shots.
At Saattaal Lake, Dist. Nainital.

1. Started with these. I was a bit nervous at start.
Pre Wed Saattaal by Vimal Joshi, on Flickr

2. Then tried to do the basic stuff I feel more confident with. Also I was managing the light properly now.

3. Back to the couple shots.

4. They too started feeling relaxed now.

6. Started using the off camera flash.

7.Pre Wed Saattaal by Vimal Joshi, on Flickr

10. Back to the city.
Pre Wed by Vimal Joshi, on Flickr
www.instagram.com/vimal.moments

Nikon Z6ii, Z 24-70 F4, Z 85 1.8 S, Nikkor 200mm Ais, 50mm 1.8D, Sigma10-20mm, Nikkor 35-70 mm, Nikon D90, Nikon D7000

Check me also on:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/vimaljoshi/

ISO

well done!

Exposure in first is very good and that must be consistent for other pics.

Last one is classic.

toofan

Nikon Z6ii, Z 24-70 F4, Z 85 1.8 S, Nikkor 200mm Ais, 50mm 1.8D, Sigma10-20mm, Nikkor 35-70 mm, Nikon D90, Nikon D7000

Check me also on:

hvyas

Very nice series, Vimal ! I, too, liked the last one the most !

bitublack

The last one would be my favourite, by a long way.

If there was one thing that could be changed in the entire series, I feel that all images would go up a few notches in quality if a different time of day were chosen. If the leaves in the bg demanded a little less attention, I think it might have been nicer.

Of course, in these shoots, I am sure there are many logistical difficulties involved, but I make my comment only from a purely photographic standpoint.

abhijit

The last one is the best inspite of technical issues. The faces looks not as sharp. But this is the only photo here that conveys the bond between the two without looking like a set up shot. For the other photos, a longer focal length might have been helpful.

Bharat Varma

The single portraits are excellent. The one with the lady looking upwards and smiling is very natural and nice.

Some of the images of both couples could probably be better if they had more space around them, looking a little cramped.

Also wish you could have got the background a little darker, exactly like in the last image. That contrast gets the orange sari to stand out brilliantly.

Also, I don't think you were shooting this wide open, why? Lack of ND filter?Blurred backgrounds would have been softer and less distracting.
Looking for a Rokinon/Samyang 135 F/2 Lens in excellent condition.

Also looking for a few Canon NB-10L Batteries.

toofan

Quote from: ISO on January 17, 2021, 12:34:01 PM
well done!

Exposure in first is very good and that must be consistent for other pics.

Last one is classic.
Thanks Mukund for the feedback. This is I have to learn to keep the editing similar to all images.

Quote from: hvyas on January 17, 2021, 02:18:20 PM
Very nice series, Vimal ! I, too, liked the last one the most !
Thanks Hvyas ji.

Quote from: bitublack on January 17, 2021, 09:19:53 PM
The last one would be my favourite, by a long way.

If there was one thing that could be changed in the entire series, I feel that all images would go up a few notches in quality if a different time of day were chosen. If the leaves in the bg demanded a little less attention, I think it might have been nicer.

Of course, in these shoots, I am sure there are many logistical difficulties involved, but I make my comment only from a purely photographic standpoint.
Thanks BittuBlack for the feedback.

Quote from: abhijit on January 18, 2021, 08:45:01 AM
The last one is the best inspite of technical issues. The faces looks not as sharp. But this is the only photo here that conveys the bond between the two without looking like a set up shot. For the other photos, a longer focal length might have been helpful.
Thanks.

Quote from: Bharat Varma on January 18, 2021, 08:51:49 AM
The single portraits are excellent. The one with the lady looking upwards and smiling is very natural and nice.

Some of the images of both couples could probably be better if they had more space around them, looking a little cramped.

Also wish you could have got the background a little darker, exactly like in the last image. That contrast gets the orange sari to stand out brilliantly.

Also, I don't think you were shooting this wide open, why? Lack of ND filter?Blurred backgrounds would have been softer and less distracting.
Thanks Bharat for the feedback and tips. I had to shoot another Pre-wedding in March/2021. I will keep all these points in mind.

Check me also on:

Neeraj

Amateurs worry about equipment, Professionals worry about money,Masters worry about light,I just take pictures...

MayaV

Nice one Vimal, considering this one your first attempt.