Macro Photography In Bangalore? (parks are not allowing cameras nowadays)

Started by aagan, February 05, 2023, 11:13:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aagan

Hello,

I started to concentrate more on macros. Unfortunately went o Cubbon park and Lalbagh botanical garden without knowing the camera restrictions, and there is nothing! Please suggest; I would also be wanted to participate in Photowalk if any Banglore people are interested.

Bharat Varma

That's pretty strange. Why is there a camera restriction in parks? Any explanation provided?
Looking for a Rokinon/Samyang 135 F/2 Lens in excellent condition.

Also looking for a few Canon NB-10L Batteries.

aagan

The authorities say that the decision was taken to avoid inconveniencing visitors and to also ensure that the flora and fauna are not disturbed.

hayath

Pretty nonsensical grounds for banning nature photography. The ban came thru when the whole pre-wedding circus (not per me) came to town, with Giant softboxes, cheeky "poses" making the elderly squirm.

If you're looking at pursuing nature photography, there are several lakes around Bangalore - ensure you do not venture out alone though, for safety reasons

If it moves I shoots :P

https://instagram.com/hayath_dyno

Bharat Varma

Problem is that this crap goes unchallenged and is accepted meekly.
Shouldn't be that way.

Whoever has put up the rule ought to be made to justify it, and then amend it suitably as per good sense.
Looking for a Rokinon/Samyang 135 F/2 Lens in excellent condition.

Also looking for a few Canon NB-10L Batteries.

aagan

Quote from: hayath on February 05, 2023, 02:04:23 PM
Pretty nonsensical grounds for banning nature photography. The ban came thru when the whole pre-wedding circus (not per me) came to town, with Giant softboxes, cheeky "poses" making the elderly squirm.

If you're looking at pursuing nature photography, there are several lakes around Bangalore - ensure you do not venture out alone though, for safety reasons

Where do you go usually? I wanted to ask about your gear as well?
Safety reasons because of the theft and violence towards the photographers?