News:

If you are a new member and unable to activate your account , email info@jjmehta.com

Main Menu

SOLD: WTS: Nikkor 500mm PF Prime in Mint Condition

Started by raj.bikerboyz@gmail.com, August 29, 2024, 09:21:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raj.bikerboyz@gmail.com

Quote from: DeepakS on September 01, 2024, 07:10:27 PMThank you. This clarifies it.

At that time this lens was very highly sought after and was on back order, worldwide,  with waiting times of 2/3 months before orders were fulfilled. So it is unlikely that a Nikon 500PF lens imported in August 2018 remained in a warehouse until August 2020 before being sold.

So I would assess the age of this lens at about nearly 6 years

Thanks for the info, noted.

Somnath Goswami

Best way to check the actual age is to take the serial number to the Nikon Service Centre and get the ownership history from them. They usually oblige if you sweet-talk them into it.
Cheers

raj.bikerboyz@gmail.com

Quote from: Somnath Goswami on September 02, 2024, 09:06:37 AMBest way to check the actual age is to take the serial number to the Nikon Service Centre and get the ownership history from them. They usually oblige if you sweet-talk them into it.
Cheers
You are absolutely correct Somnath.

Genuine buyer in doubt would have verified details with a Nikon service center, especially when the serial number has already been shared. Especially If the buyer felt something fishy in the sale..

Anyway, I decided to just move on by simply acknowledging the facts presented before me.

The lens still got sold, and I'm pleased with it.

As for the point about lens availability goes, considering that this lens was announced itself in last week of August 2018 globally, it's worth pondering how quickly such items would have reached Indian dealership at the time... Fruitful thought

Usually import date is just a reference to importation batch, nothing more. But anyway I'd be a fool to waste my time arguing around it.

As far as reality goes, 500 PF didn't make it to Indian dealership before 2nd quarter of 2019...

DeepakS

Prithviraj

The matter is moot since the lens has been sold, but you seem to have missed the point altogether.

My questions were directed at establishing the correct age of the lens. Your claim of "four years old" was wrong.

While selling it is important to put down the correct age mostly because, some sellers  deliberately make the the lens appear newer, to jack-up resale prices. I doubt that was your intention, but somewhere in there is the lesson that you were probably misled by the seller when you bought it.  Think about that

Quote from: raj.bikerboyz@gmail.com on September 02, 2024, 09:17:41 PMAs for the point about lens availability goes, considering that this lens was announced itself in last week of August 2018 globally, it's worth pondering how quickly such items would have reached Indian dealership at the time... Fruitful thought

Usually import date is just a reference to importation batch, nothing more. But anyway I'd be a fool to waste my time arguing around it.

As far as reality goes, 500 PF didn't make it to Indian dealership before 2nd quarter of 2019...

As regards what you have written above. From the the image that you provided - below

It is quite clear that the lens, this very same lens whose box it is, did come to India in August of 2018.

Did it sit in a warehouse for over a year before it went to the dealers? Highly unlikely

This clearly contradicts what you are saying above,  in anger without checking the facts.

You can either choose to defend this with some other "supposition" or learn from it and move on.

I have said what I felt was needed. You will not hear from me any more.

Good luck to you. Pay attention to details. They matter.

raj.bikerboyz@gmail.com

I can understand your point Deepak. Valid points but depends on what you're buying.

For me personally, age of the lens don't matter. As long as the lens is relevant to me, and is in pristine optical and functional condition, especially for lens. Would I have bought a year old lens with abused condition just because it's 1 year old, answer is BIG no. At the end it's all in condition when it comes to lens.

And I don't feel the original owner lied or cheated me, I got the product I wanted in the way I wanted, rest of the details are just informatory. Even if owner had said it's 5 years old, id have still bought it and at same price. Because we all know the true worth of a mint condition.

All your points are valid, but may not necessarily be applicable for all the cases and for every single person.

We can take any further convo in PM, while leaving this sale thread end here.

Thanks for the support