News:

If you are a new member and unable to activate your account , email info@jjmehta.com

Main Menu

How To: Posting Images from Flickr onto the Forum

Started by toofan, August 22, 2011, 08:21:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

toofan

Minimizing the Image Size & Posting from New Flickr to Forum. Modified 8.05.14

Friends,
I had seen that many beginners in this forum Posts Large size jpegs which take both time and bandwidth to open. So this is my image saving work flow. Hope it will help someone.

This is based on Photoshop.

1. after processing, save the full size if you wish.
2. Resize by pressing Ctrl+ Alt + I.
3. Add the Minimal of Border if you wish. other wise a white/black stroke will do the job from Edit menu.
4. Merge all layers by pressing Shift + Ctrl + E.
4. From file menu select save for web devices. or Press Alt + Shift + Ctrl + S.
    a) Select Jpeg.
    b) Quality to 60%
    c) Select only Optimized.
    d) Leave Pregressive, Embed Color Profile, unchecked.
    e) Select Convert to sRGB.
    f) Select any preview type you wish.
    g) Select Metadata you want to embed with file.
    h) You could resize from here also, resize if you haven't done yet.
    i) Click Save.

Approx Image size you get. all sizes in px

1. 600  x 400 = 29.7-35 Kb (Standard Web size, I guess Ayaz uses this size, earlier I too post these size.)
2. 750 x 500 = 40-50 Kb (For Portraits and landscapes best size to post online of 500 px height)
3. 900 x 600 = 51-70 kb ( Macros or your shots has some fine details, Large size landscapes could also be posted this size)
4. 1050 x 700 = 65-90 kb (Detailed Macros, Mind your image will not be seen full in browser window and user has to scroll it. so avoid using this size)
5. 1200 x 800 = 80 - 120 kb (If you want to show very fine details in macros, Mind your image will not be seen full in browser window and user has to scroll it. so avoid using this size)
6. 2700 x 1800 = around 280-300 kb.  ( Never Post such sizes online, your Images will be stolen)

For cropositions, Always keep the Height of Image in mind. for height more then 600px generally user has to scroll the browser widow and not able to view the image at one go.

Post Small, And save time and bandwidth.

Please feel free to correct me as this is totally my exp. and thinking.

Guys here the steps for sharing image from New Flickr.

1. Click over the image.

Thanks.
www.instagram.com/vimal.moments

Nikon Z6ii, Z 24-70 F4, Z 85 1.8 S, Nikkor 200mm Ais, 50mm 1.8D, Sigma10-20mm, Nikkor 35-70 mm, Nikon D90, Nikon D7000

Check me also on:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/vimaljoshi/

toofan

Nikon Z6ii, Z 24-70 F4, Z 85 1.8 S, Nikkor 200mm Ais, 50mm 1.8D, Sigma10-20mm, Nikkor 35-70 mm, Nikon D90, Nikon D7000

Check me also on:

Proton

Whatever may be your workflow Vimal, the picture you posted is AAAAAAAWWWWWEEEEEEEESOOOOOOOME! I have a question.... why do their eyes appear like carpets... (checkered) ..! :-P
Canon 80D and some lenses

VikramF

Quote from: Vijay Sridhara on August 22, 2011, 10:19:35 PM
Whatever may be your workflow Vimal, the picture you posted is AAAAAAAWWWWWEEEEEEEESOOOOOOOME! I have a question.... why do their eyes appear like carpets... (checkered) ..! :-P

@ Vimal - I second that!

@ Vijay - I can't take shots like this, but I can answer that question. Insects have compound eyes - so literally a cluster of a many, many, many eyes that their brain then processes as a single image. One can't see that normally, but at this magnification one is able to see the hundreds of 'eyes'.
Vikram Franklin
98864 (PM me for the rest - I get strange calls)

Check out my FaceBook Photopage @
https://www.facebook.com/Photography.by.Vikram.Franklin

toofan

Check me also on:

Proton

Quote from: VikramF on August 22, 2011, 10:46:44 PM

@ Vijay - I can't take shots like this, but I can answer that question. Insects have compound eyes - so literally a cluster of a many, many, many eyes that their brain then processes as a single image. One can't see that normally, but at this magnification one is able to see the hundreds of 'eyes'.

Thanks Vikram :) .... I wish I have such eyes as human ... :) Not sure Howmany DSLRs I need :-P
Canon 80D and some lenses

toofan

Check me also on:

arun8805

mr. joshi.. this post is a life saver for beginners like me :) thanksss!! :)

Bharat Varma

Vimal you didn't give us the complete picture. You missed posting the "to be stolen" size.
;D

Looking for a Rokinon/Samyang 135 F/2 Lens in excellent condition.

Also looking for a few Canon NB-10L Batteries.

kaluan

@toofan, what lens do you used to shoot this? Just curious...

It's so nice, clear, sharp... eeemm (my photography language is limited  :D)

Thanks
Canon user...