News:

If you are a new member and unable to activate your account , email info@jjmehta.com

Main Menu

Feedback - FROWNS

Started by Hankosaurus, December 17, 2010, 08:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bharat Varma

QuoteItem Condition: Still takes good pictures, the back wheel only has problem. That moves unnecessarily while going through the Menu or Playback. Cosmetic 6/10.

This statement was made quite clearly. What did you understand from it? Did you ask for details?
Sounds like the wheel operation was erratic, and obviously that would apply to anything done using that wheel, including changing shutter speeds if that was done with using this wheel.

I also don't think anything was deliberately "hidden".
Maybe the language and the description could have been more descriptive or explicit, but then it is also the buyer's responsibility to check in detail on any issues that have been mentioned in the WTS post.

I think refunding the cost of the camera was a reasonable response that should settle the matter.

Looking for a Rokinon/Samyang 135 F/2 Lens in excellent condition.

Also looking for a few Canon NB-10L Batteries.

JessePinkmanYo

Quote from: nirmalya on October 14, 2022, 06:17:22 PM
Hi Vinay

Since you have posted this towards all the admins and members, as a member I would like to comment. But everyone including you has all the rights to differ.

First of all, if all the sentences are correct, then Harish was deliberately hiding the fact. The shutter was not working in the manual mode. Now since Harish has agreed to pay the refund amount, he acknowledges his mistake. But as you know when we purchase a camera, lens etc we keep a lot of hope and excitement in our mind. When things turn out ugly we really become very much disappointed. So it's a very costly mistake and could have been avoided at the very first place.

Now coming to the adapter part, did you inform Harish that you are going to purchase an adapter to mount your pentax lenses and did he confirm you to go ahead? If yes, Harish bears the moral responsibility, whether he should purchase it from you or not it's up to him. But definitely he bears the responsibility. But if you didn't mention about the adapter to Harish while purchasing the camera, he shouldn't be held accountable. Instead of the simple adapter, suppose if you would have purchased a highly expensive lens what would you do? Would you tell Harish to purchase it from you as well? You should have waited for the camera to arrive and then order the adapter etc.

Third point - shipping. Suppose Harish is located in the same city, but far away. So you came to his home to check the camera and found it's faulty. Would you ask Harish to pay for your car's fuel charges and also compensate for the wasted time? When you are purchasing something online there is always a risk involved, but I feel getting everything at home through the courier companies, checking the camera at home is much more convenient than travelling far away through the traffic jam. So think of return shipping is just like your fuel charges.

I personally know neither you nor Harish, never ever had any transaction with either of you. So I tried to be totally neutral. But obviously in the future if Harish puts anything for sale and looks attractive, even then I will avoid them. Refunding the money is really good, but it doesn't undo the all the troublesome.

+1 My thoughts precisely. Certainly a case for full refund. Nothing more.

Its like buying a mobile and simultaneously ordering a backcover to go with it. If the mobile is returned for some valid reason, doesnt mean the cover should be returned (even if it can be) or charged to the mobile seller. Its the cost one pays for preempting loss of time.

The point on shipping/local meetup is very valid too. Not at all a hypothetical situation. Happens all the time. Nowadays in metros/large cities, traveling cost is often more than the cost of courier, to say nothing of the lost time. Reminds me of a case when a local forum member offered to buy a 750 rupee worth filter at a 'discounted' rate of 650. We agreed to meet at a mutually convenient point and when I was 3/4ths the distance I got a call from this guy asking me to reduce the price further (by a whopping 50 rupees !). That is the kinda absolute disregard some will have for other people's time and money !
YO, YO, YO ! Seven-Zero-Zero to the 0 to the 5 to the 4 - representin' the K-O-L. What up, B-Yatch? Leave the phone.

vinay_pune

yes i specifically asked if any issues are there while shooting. he said no. its while changing menu only
and when i got camera he said shutter can be changed in shutter priority only.

isnt that hiding >? seriously ?

vinay_pune

ya its hipothetical cause it didnt happen in this case. we are trying to apply various possible situations. compare here . which is not right way cause that did not happen. what happened is happened and shown in my screenshots.

vinay_pune

Refunding amount is not fare. he was just tyring to see if i miss the problem when i receive and camera gets sold.

my screenshots clearly show 2 different responses on working condition by seller.

vinay_pune

Item Condition: Still takes good pictures, the back wheel only has problem. That moves unnecessarily while going through the Menu or Playback. Cosmetic 6/10.

yes statements tell me back wheel has problem while operating menu. to clarify more i clearly asked him if there is issue when shooting. that was for this sentence only.

vinay_pune

obviously that would apply to anything done using that wheel, including changing shutter speeds if that was done with using this wheel.

no , cause he said it does not hv any other prob than menu

vinay_pune

Quotesorry for so many replies.

in second ss he states its not the prob of back wheel . do u see the mismatch in explanation

obviously that would apply to anything done using that wheel, including changing shutter speeds if that was done with using this wheel.

1. Yes, it wasn't clear what he meant by this.

2. As far as this is concerned, I think it's a communication problem. Technically, changing shutter speed is changing a menu setting, while shooting is the actual act of pressing a button and taking a shot. I would certainly expect a malfunctioning wheel to affect everything that it was supposed to control, and that unfortunately doesn't seem to have occurred to you to explicitly clarify or to the seller to highlight.

Quote from: vinay_pune on October 14, 2022, 07:24:44 PM
yes i specifically asked if any issues are there while shooting. he said no. its while changing menu only
and when i got camera he said shutter can be changed in shutter priority only.

isnt that hiding >? seriously ?

I think that no blame needs to be attached to either buyer or seller.
I also think a full refund covers everything that needs to be covered.

Bharat Varma

I'm sorry, I seem to have edited your reply accidentally while making mine.

I can't revert to the original message. I hope the intent of the communication is still clear.
Looking for a Rokinon/Samyang 135 F/2 Lens in excellent condition.

Also looking for a few Canon NB-10L Batteries.

vinay_pune

As far as this is concerned, I think it's a communication problem. Technically, changing shutter speed is changing a menu setting, while shooting is the actual act of pressing a button and taking a shot. I would certainly expect a malfunctioning wheel to affect everything that it was supposed to control, and that unfortunately doesn't seem to have occurred to you to explicitly clarify or to the seller to highlight.

wow.
changing shutter speed is changing menu setting (then why is there a separate dial for it on cam,which in  this case not working?oh and shooting is an act of pressing button (damn).
we are only speaking technically, not about intent. that's the issue. there is no communication problem from my side. as u can see in screen shot i clearly asked him.

unfortunate is , i asked him if there is any problem shooting. he said no. and when i got he suggests go to shutter priority mode, change the shutter , come back to m and shoot. like the moment is going to wait for me to do all that settings.

I am highly disheartened by the responses. when its crystal clear that he changed his explanation.