News:

JJMehta on Insta - ig.me/jjmehta

Main Menu

Purple Heron

Started by thereisnobeginning, January 30, 2022, 05:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thereisnobeginning

Spotted a few weeks back. The image is cropped.

Regards,
thereisnobeginning

manindra_m

Subject isolation is not that great because of which the first shot looks a bit soft and cluttered. Blame it also on the busy BG.

I would have preferred the heron facing towards me rather than flying away from me which is usual when you approach any bird. They would always fly away from you !

Thad E Ginathom

Still nice pictures, though :)

thereisnobeginning

Quote from: manindra_m on February 11, 2022, 02:55:50 PM
Subject isolation is not that great because of which the first shot looks a bit soft and cluttered. Blame it also on the busy BG.
I would have preferred the heron facing towards me rather than flying away from me which is usual when you approach any bird. They would always fly away from you !

Many thanks for viewing the image. You are right on both counts. Unfortunately, it is seldom that the behavior of birds and our preferences match. In this case there was an open body of water and then a dense patch of mangroves between the bird and me. So the bird was, well, unapproachable.  I am attaching the full frame to show what the un-cropped image is like. This was taken at 300 mm focused at 30 meters, using the Nikon 70-300 kit. What a workhorse this lens has turned out for me!

Quote from: Thad E Ginathom on February 11, 2022, 03:06:03 PM
Still nice pictures, though :)

Thank you.
Regards,
thereisnobeginning