WARNING - Please be careful with responses to your WTB requests

Started by Bharat Varma, February 27, 2022, 09:09:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bharat Varma

Be careful with responses to your WTB requests.

Be especially careful with newly created accounts that have no history or prior links to this forum or its members.
Looking for a Rokinon/Samyang 135 F/2 Lens in excellent condition.

Also looking for a few Canon NB-10L Batteries.

snowyowl

Yes, Bharat - I can confirm this - I have recd 2 suspect emails and 1 p.m. in the last 2 days, in response to my WTB post.

This was the pm:
"You can contact Lucas he has for sale in good condition here's his contact, lucasreal094@gmail.com, I purchased items from him in the past and they arrived in top condition".

Bharat Varma

All from the same handle, I presume.

Please do inform if you think there's anything suspicious about any user.
Also, since Google search seems to vary with region, if you find any mentions of the given email IDs in any Anti spam forums, please do share the links.

Quote from: snowyowl on February 27, 2022, 06:54:29 PM
Yes, Bharat - I can confirm this - I have recd 2 suspect emails and 1 p.m. in the last 2 days, in response to my WTB post.

This was the pm:
"You can contact Lucas he has for sale in good condition here's his contact, lucasreal094@gmail.com, I purchased items from him in the past and they arrived in top condition".

24bitrgb

I recently posted on WTB for a TLR camera and found a message in my inbox. I checked out the email, it has been associated with some scams internationally.

User named 'davidbirdandvandyke' asked me to send a mail to 'kenneth.krom@aol.com' to check for TLRs available with him. The same email has been used for scams as mentioned in the following link:
https://www.concertina.net/forums/index.php?/topic/24888-can-anyone-verify-this-seller/#comment-219461

snowyowl

The 2 email addresses from which I was contacted:
kenneth.krom@aol.com
fredworld28@gmail.com
Kenneth Krom, it seems, is a well known scammer on a variety of sites.

Bharat Varma

Also share links to anti spamming sites where you find these IDs mentioned.
The usual google search is evidently inconsistent in this matter, so I may get a different search result (or draw a blank), while someone else may get a hit.

Quote from: snowyowl on March 01, 2022, 11:41:56 AM
The 2 email addresses from which I was contacted:
kenneth.krom@aol.com
fredworld28@gmail.com
Kenneth Krom, it seems, is a well known scammer on a variety of sites.

protox

I have also received a mail from ThomasJay(https://jjmehta.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=52340)
This was the pm:
"You can contact Lucas he has for sale in good condition here's his contact, lucasreal094@gmail.com, I purchased items from him in the past and they arrived in top condition."

sweetlime

Got a response from a user valerie005 against my DKL adapter WTB post .

" The last time I purchased parts from Mr Allen
He mentioned he had a DKL mount lens adapter for fuji camera for sale. Hit him up allennewjr@gmail.com, he might still have what you looking for.
Cheers Mate and stay safe " .

I could make out easily since this user has got no stats in his profile :-)

santoshvk

I got a similar msg from valerie005

The last time I purchased parts from Mr Allen
He mentioned he had a GoPro Dual Battery Charger for Gopro Hero 9/10 for sale. Hit him up allennewjr@gmail.com, he might still have what you looking for.
Cheers Mate and stay safe 

arunraj

Got one from christy45

"hello you can contact christopher he has a  Sony A7R3 for sale....PM him @ christopherbenson283@gmail.com"
Nikon | Fuji | M43
Looking for the following, please PM if available.
1. Full spectrum Fuji X-T*/X-H1
2. Full spectrum M43 body
3. 100-300 or 100-400 M43 budget lens near Bangalore
4. Budget TTL flash for GH5