Sabbatier effect ( National Monument of Scotland on Calton Hill, Edinburgh.

Started by hvyas, March 24, 2022, 05:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thereisnobeginning

Dramatic and surreal.
Does this come from just reversing the tone or is there more to it?
Regards,
thereisnobeginning

hvyas

Thanks, t..i..n..b..and Thad E G for liking the image.
t..i..n..b..- Its not just reversing tones. During film days, when a partially developed negative or print is briefly exposed to white light, some of the tone values are reversed. Dark areas appear light and light areas appear dark. This was a bit messy process in wet darkroom. But now in digital darkroom,with filters and blend modes, it has become easy.

thereisnobeginning

Quote from: hvyas on March 25, 2022, 08:21:53 AM
t..i..n..b..- Its not just reversing tones. During film days, when a partially developed negative or print is briefly exposed to white light, some of the tone values are reversed. Dark areas appear light and light areas appear dark. This was a bit messy process in wet darkroom. But now in digital darkroom,with filters and blend modes, it has become easy.

Thanks for the clarification. Will read up and try it out on a suitable image.
Regards,
thereisnobeginning

Thad E Ginathom

... During film days, when a partially developed negative or print is briefly exposed to white light, some of the tone values are reversed. Dark areas appear light and light areas appear dark. This was a bit messy process in wet darkroom. But now in digital darkroom,with filters and blend modes, it has become easy.

Thanks! I was just about to google :)

Hankosaurus

Thanks, t..i..n..b..and Thad E G for liking the image.
Very nice image, Hansraj.

Yes indeed, it was messy.  We called it "solarization" back in those days of the wet darkroom.   :)
HENRY
A Certified Dinosaur
D700, F, F2, M3

Some say those of us who love to talk about cameras should instead go and take pictures. I say we should go and also take pictures.

hvyas