News:

If you are a new member and unable to activate your account , email info@jjmehta.com

Main Menu

Feedback - FROWNS

Started by Hankosaurus, December 17, 2010, 08:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manoj

Hi

I recently purchased a Minolta 50 1.2 from user anshusen (forum user name).

Here is the link to the ad.
In short, the ad stated the condition of the lens as "Item Condition: glass is clean, fungus free, dust free. no hazyness. body has minor signs of use. no dent. aperture ring and focus is smooth". Once I received the lens, I placed it with my other lenses in my cabinet which is dehumidified and couldn't check immediately as I had to travel to bangalore for office work. On the weekend after I returned, I got a chance to check it thoroughly and found that the lens had a lot of minor marks and fungus on the glass.

I posted the photos of the lens here just to have a few opinion from the forum members about the fungus. I was in conversation with anshusen but he kept saying that Pune is wet and humid and the fungus grew after it reached me. I sent a lot of fungus related gyaan and also posted as mentioned above. I sent the link to him as well and now he has stopped responding. The general opinion is that so much fungus cannot grow in the 10 days that the lens was with me (esp in the dehumidified cabinet). When I asked him about the condition of the glass (before buying), I had asked if the aperture ring is smooth and whether there is oil on the blades. He had no idea about it and asked me the significance of it (I have the PMs). It could be an indication that he didn't have much experience on checking lenses.

I tried holding the lens at the same angles as in the ad and sure enough, you cant make out any issue. Even in the shot through the lens, due to the bright scene, it is not possible to make out any fungus.

I've bought, sold and owned a lot of old glass and I've utilized a lot of modern buying avenues. I've had some great transactions on this forum and a lot in other forums as well. Even my transactions on ebay were pleasant. This is the first time I found myself in this position. Nevertheless, I think I can make something out of it since he is not responding. But I intend to take a couple of shots of the same lens in two weeks and post again. That should blow his theory right out of the water.
Monisha, post-processing kaho na. "Photoshop kiya hai kya" is just so down market.

Bharat Varma

Ask for the full resolution versions of the shots of the lens that were put up in the WTS thread and post them along with the shots of the lens that you posted for feedback.

Mods, maybe a recommendation to post high resolution photographs of items for sale in the rules would help.
Looking for a Rokinon/Samyang 135 F/2 Lens in excellent condition.

Also looking for a few Canon NB-10L Batteries.

SAHARSH

Quote from: Bharat Varma on August 09, 2013, 06:22:01 AM
Ask for the full resolution versions of the shots of the lens that were put up in the WTS thread and post them along with the shots of the lens that you posted for feedback.

Mods, maybe a recommendation to post high resolution photographs of items for sale in the rules would help.

+1

Resolution should be at least 2000 * 1000  :)
Canon :) & Nikon & Sony
Canon R5 , Nikon D850 ,5D Mark IV ,1DX , Sony A9 & Some Lenses :)
Noida  Mobile no : 9625454577

Ramstrong

Quote from: SAHARSH on August 09, 2013, 12:13:22 PM
Quote from: Bharat Varma on August 09, 2013, 06:22:01 AM

+1

Resolution should be at least 2000 * 1000  :)

+1
Nikon D810+D700+D7K+MB-D10+D11+18-105mmDX+18-35mm F3.5-4.5G+35mm DX F1.8G+50mm F1.8G+24mm F2.8D+50mm F1.8D+85mm F1.4D+85mm F1.8D+80-200mmm F2.8D+135mm F2D DC+300mm F4D+20mm F3.5 UD+Ai-S 28mm F2.8+Auto-S 35mm F2.8+Ai-S 50mm F1.2+Ai-S 50mm F1.4+Auto-S 50mm F1.4+Ai-S 50mm F1.8+Ai-S 135mm F2+Ai 135mm F3.5+Ai 200mm F4+Ai-S 300mm F4.5+Sigma Ex 14mm F2.8+Helios81N 50mm F2+Kenko DGX Pro 300 1.4x TC+Sekonic L758DR+Vanguard 263AT tripod +GH100 Ball Head+Nikon SB400+SB600+SB800+YongNuo YN560II+YN560 flashes.

Canon EOS 5D MkII+EOS650D+EF-S 18-55mm+EF 24-105mm F4L+EF 40mm F2.8 STM+EF 100mm F2.8 USM Macro+Tamron SP 70-300mm F4-5.6 VC+Fujinon 50mm F2.8 MF Lens+Nissin Di 866 Mk2 Pro1 Flash+YN 603C triggers.

Ryan

Brought a vivitar flash from "srb"

Flash was reported working and good condition, on receipt the aa battery holder was not present. used my spare battery holder and the flash does not power up neither does the capacitor charge up. its completely dead.

Just Got to know that he is not as honest as he claims to be .

I WOULD RECOMMEND PEOPLE TO BE CAREFUL in dealings with him

Name : sarbajoy paul
Email Address : sarbajoypaul17@gmail.com
Phone Number : 09916784214
Phone Number : 09836411252

Latest Update : Now he tell me that i have made the flash bad by using high capacity batteries. ( I only use duracells or eneloops )
And his explanation is that there must have been dust inside and high capacity batteries may have damaged this. The Flash which apparently he never tried and that too an HV flash which can be used with a 110 ( us voltage ) which also i told him before as well and said he may have tried using it with 240volts. My first communication to him was he should give me the sb4 which was 110 volts so he would have to give me a step down convertor as well.

All this while giving me no money stories and then then when i seen him post a want to buy i asked him now how he had the money and he said he wanted to buy for a friend.

All this while only lies from him.
1. Flash in good working condition ( he said he never tried it himself and only tried it when he was sold the flash )
2. He doesn't like flashes so he was selling his ONLY flash as he did not want to keep it, that was his reason for sale, (then his inventory comes with a starblitz flash.)
3. Now saying that i have damaged the flash. he doesn't even know what rubbish he talks and gives as explanations.
4. He did not have any digital camera, yet he found one to shoot with on a 10 day trip ( he only told me he only has a film camera., but then suddenly he has a digital as well as money for 10 day trips, all this from someone who saves only 300 rs a month.)

I am now going to throw away this flash as its a piece of junk, the 2000rs is wasted and i know i am not going to get it back.
But i will pay him a visit in Bangalore, as i want to see what this cheat looks like and see how he can lie to me face to face.

Again a warning to everyone deal at your own riisk

NO Camera NO CRY- Click through my eyes until i die.

Bharat Varma

Did you discuss this issue with the seller before posting here? If so, what was the response?
Looking for a Rokinon/Samyang 135 F/2 Lens in excellent condition.

Also looking for a few Canon NB-10L Batteries.

Ryan

Quote from: Bharat Varma on August 20, 2013, 03:44:07 PM
Did you discuss this issue with the seller before posting here? If so, what was the response?

i put in a sms that if i did not hear i was posting it here..

I also gave the benefit of doubt by keeping it with batteries hoping that i could form the capacitors before i smsed .

if he has anything to say i would be more than happy to hear the same. 

I stand by my earlier comment. Please do not deal with this " Peniless, student story teller"

toofan

One suggestion from me. One should ask for his facebook Id. If any such cases happens in future.. We could atleast spoil his so called virtual social reputation.

So  guys asks for a facebook id from person before buying any item.
www.instagram.com/vimal.moments

Nikon Z6ii, Z 24-70 F4, Z 85 1.8 S, Nikkor 200mm Ais, 50mm 1.8D, Sigma10-20mm, Nikkor 35-70 mm, Nikon D90, Nikon D7000

Check me also on:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/vimaljoshi/

itsme_soumya

Quote from: toofan on August 23, 2013, 10:49:20 PM
One suggestion from me. One should ask for his facebook Id. If any such cases happens in future.. We could atleast spoil his so called virtual social reputation.

So  guys asks for a facebook id from person before buying any item.
are you sure that might work? you post one derogatory comment in his wall and the next moment he will block you and remove that posting. simple.

see, the whole buy n sell thingy works on trust here. if the seller is not honest, then the buyer will have no option to recover money spent on an item. whatever way we discuss here, nothing gonna work as once the item is sold, liability ends there from seller's perspective. sad, but that's the fact.

cheers!
soumya
"To me, photography is the simultaneous recognition, in a fraction of a second, of the significance of an event." ~ Henri Cartier-Bresson

My Street Photography in Color: http://500px.com/Chromascape
My B&W Portfolio: http://500px.com/SoumyaBandyopadhyay
My Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/soumya_b5/

Ryan

Well trust is important and one should not let a few bad transactions affect how we deal. What we learn is take a few more precautionary steps than normal.   Naming and shaming on social networks is not a good way to approach a bad transaction. That is the persons personal  space and not and extension of the forum. What happens here must stay here. A simple alert to other users is recommended. We may want to argue about the approach and rationalize that the person must be named and shamed everywhere, a little restraint goes a long way. Warning other users on the forum should be priority one if no resolution appears.