News:

If you are a new member and unable to activate your account , email info@jjmehta.com

Main Menu

Feedback - FROWNS

Started by Hankosaurus, December 17, 2010, 08:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dilshadnawaz

Quote from: eragon on February 09, 2014, 09:13:36 PM
Posting my first feedback in jjmpf, and really hoped this didn't have to be in the frowns section... but my last transaction turned really unfortunate for me.

I bought the 300 2.8 VR from Dilshad Ibrahim from Nagpur. (user: dilshadnawaz) http://www.jjmehta.com/forum/index.php?topic=31905.0
Since this was an outstation deal we couldn't check the lens personally before buying, and since it wasn't possible for him to to take it to my contact in Nagpur for checking, we decided to go forward with the deal based on his posted and mailed images, testimonials from a common fb acquaintance regarding no known problems with the lens, and Dilshad's personal assurance that the lens was functionally perfect with no problems. Accordingly we transferred the amount (2.45L) on 18/1/2014 and received the lens via DTDC on 24/1/2014. The lens was packed in the nikon lens case with only a gunny bag and no padding wrapped around it. There were also more cosmetic blemishes not initially visible in his posted pictures on the lens.

However, my worries started at that point, since I couldn't hear the click of VR engaging and disengaging I expected from my other VR lenses on half shutter pressing. I also couldn't see the familiar viewfinder image stabilization. A chat with Dilshad however further added to my confusion, as he stated he had never heard the well-known VR click with this lens in the past!
Confused and really worried, I took it to our repair shop, who finally confirmed the the VR wasn't working.  This was corroborated by the Nikon authorized repair center in Kolkata, Capital Electronics informally, but they wouldn't repair out of warranty lenses.

The repair needed total replacement of the VR unit, and costed 18000.  I can clearly hear VR click on now, which the seller claimed not to have heard in 2.5 years of use.

Hi
This deal started when I posted this item for sale on OLX. . Mr Subhrashish Niyogi ( User: Eragon)  saw my add on OLX and called me up for inquiring. Meanwhile I was already in talk with another person for the same lens and my deal was finalised for 2.5L. It was decided that he would come to Nagpur around 10th of Feb and pickup the lens. In this process Mr Subhrashish Niyogi called me up for the same and i quoted him 2.75L. But I told him that I am already in talks with some other person and he will be coming to nagpur to pick it up around mid of Feb. Mr Subhrashish Niyogi was reluctant on buying this lens so he told me to send some pics on his email and quote the final price. I did send him the pics as he wanted and quoted my final price as 2.5L. He said that he won't be able to come down to nagpur so  I should ship the lens to calcutta. I told him to ask someone in his knowhow from Nagpur to come and check the lens and he did talk to a person but he did not come down to check it.
He also asked some common acquaintances about the lens for which he  himself accepts that a common acquaintance had given the feedback that the lens had no problems.
Again a new round of negotiations started. He asked to further reduce the price as he was to take it immediately. I again reduced 5k as i was getting the cash immediately. So the deal was fixed for 2.45L and he was to transfer the  amount in my account and I was to ship the lens. As he transferred the cash in my axis bank account I was in Mumbai so I shipped his lens from Mumbai as i had promised him to ship immediately.
Now about the lens... it was in 100% working condition and before shipping it to him I had been to bandavgarh with the same lens and have some amazing photos with it. I own a 200-400 f4 vr ,300mm 2.8vr, 600mm vr2,400mm 2.8 vr2, 70-200mm 2.8 vr2, 70-300vr2 but inspite of this I don't understand what click he talks about and I don't think it is possible that in all these lenses the vr is non-functional. When i shipped the lens it was 100% ok and the vr was working. I have some recent shots of Tiger where I have clicked tack sharp photos handheld at a shutter speed of 1/30 from a jypsy which is not possible without VR. (he admits that a common acquiatance had told him that  the lens was ok).
One cannot rule out the possibility of mishandling by the courier company in transit as it happens sometimes but that is not my responsibility. So I once again repeat that the lens had no issues when I shipped it to him.
After this I sold my 200-400  to a gentleman and requested him to come personally to check and collect it as after dealing with Mr Subhrashish Niyogi i was very disappointed and did not want to take any chance. That gentleman came down to Nagpur to check and collect the lens.

Forgot to mention one more thing that he did not deal with me on the basis of this post in the forum. He saw my add on OLX and called me, that is why he has never sent me any PM or replied to my post on the open forum. When I updated the status of my post as 'SOLD' he noticed it and hence this post from his side.
About his post I too have some doubts, as per this statement I cannot understand what does he want to say....""This was corroborated by the Nikon authorized repair center in Kolkata, Capital Electronics informally, but they wouldn't repair out of warranty lenses......""
Why did he get it checked informally. Why would Nikon not repair its own product if it is not in warranty. Maybe they will charge for it but I don't think that they won't repair it.
Further adding to it I called up Capital Electronics( PhNo: 03340013978) and talked to Mr Subroto Sadhukar and he confirmed that they do repair out of warranty lens but charge for it and he explained that the normal procedure is that they take the lens and keep it for a day or two for investigating the problem and against the receipt they issue a job card. Now my question is why hasn't he posted a copy of the Job card or at least quoted the Job card number of capital electronics in his post when he claims that he got it checked from nikon.
""....The repair needed total replacement of the VR unit, and costed 18000....""
He has not made it clear that where did he get it repaired. Was the motor replaced an original one.( He has added a snapshot of my post similarly he should have posted a copy of the bill amounting 18000/- ,as anybody who claims to pay 18000 for repairs must have obtained a bill for the same . )
And second point ....."" testimonials from a common fb acquaintance regarding no known problems with the lens......""
The above quote clearly indicates that a third person known to both had already given him feedback that the lens was ok.
This is my side of story and please point out If I am wrong anywhere in this deal.
If anyone has any further queries pls feel free to clarify.

bivashd

my D800 purchase went horribly wrong..camera is in gurgaon service centre now for fixing a spot in LCD..and the 24-120 lens for which i paid 50k has fungus and dust..the cam condition was described as 10/10 and lens 9.5/10, in excellent condition..all this by a renowned wedding photographer based out of N.Delhi..maintains his own website www.rajesharya.com...his dialogue when i complained "Maine apko lens bech dia hai, test karne nahi dia"..

http://www.jjmehta.com/forum/index.php/topic,34773.msg328928.html#msg328928

rajesharya

I have delivered you lens on 19th May and you called me on 29th for this issue and I simply told you I was not aware of this issue in lens as I lens in kept in bag since last 6months and I am not using it and request you to send me lens back and I will refund your full amount once I received the lens. But till date I haven't received the lens back. I have all proofs with me for this conversation. You change your mind every second. The last message you sent me that Lens is lying with my friend talk to him. Why should I talk to him its totally your responsibility to deliver lens to me. And just because of your this attitude I have lost 2 potential customers for my lens, one is Sharsh from JJM group only.

BTW It was already mentioned in my post that "I Would prefer someone who can check the lens personally and take it." So how can you say that I want a out of city buyer so that I can dispose off my items. And I am still saying my camera condition in 10/10. How can a single pixel dot which you can only see when LED is pitch black affect you images. And it is there since very first day I have bought this camera.

Mr. Bivesh you did what you want (defaming me by posting here), but I am still open to refund you. But clear your mind first that what is your target defaming me or getting a refund.

bivashd

I dont have any intention of defaming or blaming someone without any reason. You handed over the equipment to my parents on 19th who were in Delhi at that time. I received the same on 27th May and immediately informed you as well as sent these pics. I couriered the lens on 28th as per your suggestion..I have sold three of my lenses in JJMPF without any complaints or issues and I am sure will continue to use this forum in future also. I never changed my mind, I simply asked you for a refund the day I received the lens and provided my bank details same day. Now the various messages from your side were:

1. "There cannot be any fungus, there might be dust in the lens but no fungus. Delhi weather me fungus ho hi nahi sakta"
2. Even without seeing the pics which I had sent you, you accept " There might be one or two spots. Dhoop me rakh dijiye do teen din. thik ho jaega"
3."Refund is not possible as I have already invested in other gear however I am ready to pay the servicing charges quoted by Nikon"

After this ,I remind him of his post in JJ Mehta where he described the lens condition as 9.5/10. He agrees for a refund and deletes his original post soon after.

4.After few days suddenly he calls up and says "I will refund you 32,000 as the lens price has dropped from last week"
5.Again after some time "Lens bhijwa dijiye, but I cant promise you anything right now"

When I told him I will upload pics in JJMPF, this is what he said " Will pay in three installments, if it suits you then only msg me"
after that "go ahead, will see what JJ Mehta can do. I don't do business in JJMEHTA"

All this for the lens which he had repeatedly assured over phone that it was in excellent condition and sparingly used.

I couriered the lens the day after I got it to my friend in Delhi who's office is 15 mins drive from Mr.Arya's shop. He had initially told me not to send the lens directly to him. After that I had given him one week time to refund my money and take back the lens, but he did not. Any sane person will know with what intentions he has sold his equipment. and now he is asking for the lens without any time frame/commitment for a refund. If your intention was to make a refund you would have done the day you had seen the pics which I had sent instead of coming up with different offers and payment terms.

Anyways I have learnt my lesson well. Will never buy used gear without inspecting. I trusted your words and that was my biggest mistake..

rajesharya

I have also sold my 5D and other stuff on JJM only.

1. Yes because this is first time I have fungus in my lenses.
2. I have seen images on my mobile as I told you over phone.
3. Yes I have told you this but as soon as you denied, I immediately agreed on refund you know Mr. Bivesh.
4. Yes I have deleted post because I am still getting enquiries for D800. Not because of this.
5. Read my msg which in your mobiles inbox it is clearly saying that I was planning to pay in one shot. But you are so impatient, you want money without sending back the lens.

And Yes I have told you that I am not doing business on JJM as because you threatened me 3-4 times " Transfer money in 7 days other wise I will defame you on JJM" " You have 3 days left" etc etc.

Again its not my duty to collect lens. I have tried my level best to resolve this issue but surely you teach me lesson, will never ever sell thing online.

PYROCASTIC

After going through this thread, I m quite nervous about striking a deal without inspecting the gear. The person on the other end seems nice and honest and asked me to personally come and inspect the camera before proceeding. He had also sent me photos of the camera which seems OK but I don't want to take any chance after being already cheated earlier (not at JJMPF).

My problem is that I m based out in Mumbai and the seller is from Delhi so it won't be possible for me to visit Delhi to inspect the camera personally, neither do I know any of my friend who lives in Delhi and has experience with photographic gears.

I really want to proceed and not regret at the same time. Can any reputed forum member help me proceed with the deal?

Hyperdrive

Quote from: PYROCASTIC on August 30, 2014, 01:29:47 AMI really want to proceed and not regret at the same time. Can any reputed forum member help me proceed with the deal?

You should start a new thread in the appropriate forum requesting New Delhi based members for their help. Someone may offer to inspect the camera for you, without any obligations of course.

canon4life

Folks let me start with saying, the experience here at JJMP is nothing but awesome until now. I have several transaction with many members exceeding 10+ L over many years. I am sorry to report this one bad experience I had with Arkaraj. I am writing to save some of the frustration for other members that I faced for any future deals with this particular individual.

http://www.jjmehta.com/forum/index.php/topic,36865.msg342483.html#msg342483

I responded to WTB post above, he contacted me and negotiated to send the money for pick up in Bangalore. On the day I left I made several call to confirm that he is sure to pick up. I have TXT messages from him stating that payment will be sent in 1 hour and picked up tomorrow. I was leaving to airport and told him that it is fine and left the tripod with my friend back home. From 1 hour, to days to weeks, now it is 2 months this fellow now do not respond nor answer my calls now. After a month he sent me one email stating that he was not well, I told him not an issue please take care and arrange to pick up soon. I also offered for him to pay an advance so that I can hold until you can arrange to pick this. 

This is not picked up and I cannot use it as I left it back in India. I want to caution folks to deal with this individual.   

arkaraj

Quote from: canon4life on October 05, 2014, 03:06:21 AM
Folks let me start with saying, the experience here at JJMP is nothing but awesome until now. I have several transaction with many members exceeding 10+ L over many years. I am sorry to report this one bad experience I had with Arkaraj. I am writing to save some of the frustration for other members that I faced for any future deals with this particular individual.

I responded to WTB post above, he contacted me and negotiated to send the money for pick up in Bangalore. On the day I left I made several call to confirm that he is sure to pick up. I have TXT messages from him stating that payment will be sent in 1 hour and picked up tomorrow. I was leaving to airport and told him that it is fine and left the tripod with my friend back home. From 1 hour, to days to weeks, now it is 2 months this fellow now do not respond nor answer my calls now. After a month he sent me one email stating that he was not well, I told him not an issue please take care and arrange to pick up soon. I also offered for him to pay an advance so that I can hold until you can arrange to pick this. 

This is not picked up and I cannot use it as I left it back in India. I want to caution folks to deal with this individual.   

Dear Rajeev,
Sorry that i am not able to take any call of late. I dont know what part of my text message you didnot understand that i had a surgery and shall callback once i am able to. I hadbeen working out with a person in bangalore for arranging a local pick-up, but owing to the accident, couldn't took it further. Logged in JJMPF after a few days today and saw all your measures for emphasizing me as hypocrite (saw your multiple comments on my Sale thread as well). It was very unfortunate how you have reacted in last few days and the way you have described my character. On the credibility part - i may not have sold 10L worth of equipments but whatever i have brought or sold here didn't ended up like this one. People who have bought from me is welcome to comment. Anyways, following your nice gesture, I have closed my Sale thread. Shall not be posting anythng further till the matter is settled. Can still take the Tripod - need time to arrange the pick-up since people doesnot follow your or mine schedule. If this is okay with you....kinldy wait and I shall get back. I shall be offline again for few days till i am fully recovered.
Regards.

--------------------
Canon 6D and few Primes.

canon4life

Quote from: arkaraj on October 05, 2014, 05:00:26 PM
Quote from: canon4life on October 05, 2014, 03:06:21 AM

Dear Rajeev,
Sorry that i am not able to take any call of late. I dont know what part of my text message you didnot understand that i had a surgery and shall callback once i am able to. I hadbeen working out with a person in bangalore for arranging a local pick-up, but owing to the accident, couldn't took it further. Logged in JJMPF after a few days today and saw all your measures for emphasizing me as hypocrite (saw your multiple comments on my Sale thread as well). It was very unfortunate how you have reacted in last few days and the way you have described my character. On the credibility part - i may not have sold 10L worth of equipments but whatever i have brought or sold here didn't ended up like this one. People who have bought from me is welcome to comment. Anyways, following your nice gesture, I have closed my Sale thread. Shall not be posting anythng further till the matter is settled. Can still take the Tripod - need time to arrange the pick-up since people doesnot follow your or mine schedule. If this is okay with you....kinldy wait and I shall get back. I shall be offline again for few days till i am fully recovered.
Regards.

Glad to see your response and surprised to see you post a paragraph and did not find time to respond a line or answer my calls over two months. As I told you to send an advance so that I can be assured that you will pick is still an option. I do not have arrange for shipping this back to me and I can purchase a new one that I need ASAP.