Feedback - FROWNS

Started by Hankosaurus, December 17, 2010, 08:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aadishvaar

even after "ayaskant12" 's complain / frown feedback, no reply from the seller to clear his side & the seller is still allowed to be on the forum or post WTS post !!!

VikramF

Quote from: aadishvaar on February 01, 2018, 09:52:38 AM
even after "ayaskant12" 's complain / frown feedback, no reply from the seller to clear his side & the seller is still allowed to be on the forum or post WTS post !!!

I remember reading the post below and just re-read it again. I still can't see where the OP has asked for a redressal.

It is surprising that the other member hasn't replied and it is surprising that the OP hasn't contacted the mods either.

He also said the lens was working when he received it (and in anycase it's up to a buyer to check items). So the issue is on the battery and the adapter. In whatever case, the mods would need to be provided with proof of agreements (written or screenshots between parties). Without which it becomes a he-said-he-said case. I think the OP realises that as he's said repeatedly that nothing was put in writing.
Vikram Franklin
98864 (PM me for the rest - I get strange calls)

Check out my FaceBook Photopage @
https://www.facebook.com/Photography.by.Vikram.Franklin

ayaskant12

I had put all data in the thread itself

OP complained to a mod and he deleted all the discussion where the seller claimed that he couldn't contact me on Whatsapp!!
As if jjmehta forum messages section didn't exist!!
It was there itself accepted by the seller but nothing was done and not even an explanation was asked!!

Simply deleting the chats of a ongoing sale thread and asking to take it to PM's!

I contacted the said mod and he told I can only sympathize with you.

I have Whatsapp messages but what will be the result?

Let karma be the judge!!

At the end it all comes back....

VikramF

Quote from: ayaskant12 on February 01, 2018, 11:42:44 AM
Let karma be the judge!!

At the end it all comes back....

If you're happy with Karma, then so be it.

If not, could you raise the issue clearly, as per the timeline, along with supporting statements (screenshots) and what you expect the OP to do via PM to all the mods please?
Vikram Franklin
98864 (PM me for the rest - I get strange calls)

Check out my FaceBook Photopage @
https://www.facebook.com/Photography.by.Vikram.Franklin

Shooter036

Hi.
With a heavy heart, I am writing this post in this section.

Recently, I had purchased a Nikon 28-105 from Mr. Subrata Pal, the link of the post is as follows.

http://www.jjmehta.com/forum/index.php/topic,53104.msg435364.html#msg435364

I met him on 3rd August in Kolkata, and inspected the lens. After negotiations, we settled for 6000/- for the lens, and for another 300, he included me a Hoya UV filter. I had offered to pay him by electronic means, but since he had trashed his phone, I had to draw the cash, and since either of us were not having the change against a 500 rupee note, we mutually agreed that once his phone is restored, the balance amount of 300 would be paid electronically.

On inspecting the lens, it was capturing images perfectly but the shift from 28mm to 35mm was a bit sticky. I asked him about the place where he had gotten it serviced. He said that it was serviced by Nikon Service center. Since I had purchased a scanner from him about a year and a half ago, I believed him, and took the lens home.

After a few days, to be precise, on 7th august, the lens was not getting detected by either of out FX bodies (Nikon D750 and D810), and a Nikon F90x, I tried calling him, but his number was switched off. So, on 8th august, I took it to my repair person. (the copy of the bill is attached with the serial no.). Meanwhile, I tried to communicate with him. It was on Friday (10th august), when I could get in touch with him.

On contacting, I asked for the service advisory, that Nikon had issued to him, and that's when he started talking ambiguously. He said that he would have to look for it. On saturday (11th august), he called me,saying that he would be going near the Nikon Service Center, and he would get the lens repaired. I couldn't trust him with this, and I just asked him to share the service advisory, I would deal with the Nikon Customer service. I too had some work, thus I couldn't talk properly.

Today, when I called him, he simply said that he has misplaced the service bill, and on further pestering, he admitted that he got it done from someone, who 'works in the Nikon Service Center'. Then, he started badmouthing me, saying that either you pay me the rest 300 rs, (i never said that I wont pay) or I will complain the police, then he sent me a threat text, all off a sudden, demanding another 4k for the scanner which I had purchased from him about a year and a half ago for 6k. Then he said that he was not happy in dealing with me, and thus he want 'his' goods back, i.e. the lens, and the scanner, and he will refund me the entire money, in a very threatening tone. I am attaching the screenshot of the text message that he had sent me, along with the bill copy, which proves that I have given the lens for servicing. Let him go to the police, do whatever he want.

All these, because he couldn't prove that he got the lens repaired from Nikon Authorized service center (so that I can claim the 6 months warranty on the product). Though he has agreed to refund me the money, but i need the lens, even if it requires some service. In any case, I would pay him the rest 300 as soon as he shares the UPI code.

I would definitely ask others to be aware of this guy.

I definitely dont need the refund as I desperately need it. With a pinch of salt, I will use it.

Regards,Joy

P.S. : Somehow I was unable to attach the bill copy for the service, and the screenshot of the threat message, but if it is required, I can PM it to the concerned person.

subhabratapal

the person above is a liar and I will take it to the local police station as the person is making up this drama to not pay 300/- that he is supposed to. the lens is absolutely fine and he is plain lying through his teeth.

I have asked him to return the lens in original condition and the Hoya HMC UV filter and the pouch which he damaged in front of me while buying the lens. he refuses to do so. he in fact refuses for me to see the lens. he refuses to show me the lens and refuses to pay the balance 300. I am unwilling to sell it to him as I have dealt with him before and I will be getting back all my equipment sold to him and I WILL take legal action for the same.

Rest assured, this is going to become a real issue and I will keep the forum updated as it goes after the FIR.

Bharat Varma

Nikon gives some warranty for any item that they have serviced.
What is the problem? Just take the lens with the service report to Nikon.
Looking for a Rokinon/Samyang 135 F/2 Lens in excellent condition.

Also looking for a few Canon NB-10L Batteries.

Shooter036

Quote from: subhabratapal on August 12, 2018, 05:07:52 PM
the person above is a liar and I will take it to the local police station as the person is making up this drama to not pay 300/- that he is supposed to. the lens is absolutely fine and he is plain lying through his teeth.

I have asked him to return the lens in original condition and the Hoya HMC UV filter and the pouch which he damaged in front of me while buying the lens. he refuses to do so. he in fact refuses for me to see the lens. he refuses to show me the lens and refuses to pay the balance 300. I am unwilling to sell it to him as I have dealt with him before and I will be getting back all my equipment sold to him and I WILL take legal action for the same.

Rest assured, this is going to become a real issue and I will keep the forum updated as it goes after the FIR.
I have wrote in the open forum that I would pay you that 300 INR as soon as you share your UPI code.

Dude, stop making a joke of yourself.

Shooter036

Now what do you want to say? I have got this bill printed? You can check it, it was issued from S. Samanta and sons, which is a shop that was established more than 50 years ago. His phone number is there on the bill, so, anyone can call and verify.

All of a sudden out of nowhere, you claimed another 4k for the Epson v600 that you had sold me about a year and a half ago for 6k, which I had paid when I had picked the scanner from you.

The pouch was very flimsy, and yes, the plastic piece at the end of the string came off as I tried to tie it, but again, it was a part of the deal, and I didn't blame you for that. Dude, why would I pay you for something that I had damaged which belongs to me?

I have provided enough proof that can be verified. You still can't prove that you got the lens serviced from Nikon. There is a desperate need for the same, and thus I don't want a refund, and I just let others in the forum know the kind of a person that you are.

And by threatening me, you made it easier for me to prove.

Sent from my Lenovo K8 Note using Tapatalk

Hankosaurus

Quote from: subhabratapal on August 12, 2018, 05:07:52 PM... I am unwilling to sell it to him as I have dealt with him before and I will be getting back all my equipment sold to him and I WILL take legal action for the same.  Rest assured, this is going to become a real issue and I will keep the forum updated as it goes after the FIR.

Just curious... Does Indian law allow one to "capture" something sold to someone else long ago?  I suspect that some excellent documentation will be in order when going to the police.  I wonder if it might not be easier to find that aforementioned service receipt from the Nikon Service Center.

I'm looking forward to learning something useful from the promised Forum Updates.

::)
HENRY
A Certified Dinosaur
D700, F, F2, M3

Some say those of us who love to talk about cameras should instead go and take pictures. I say we should go and also take pictures.