News:

If you are a new member and unable to activate your account , email info@jjmehta.com

Main Menu

Feedback - FROWNS

Started by Hankosaurus, December 17, 2010, 08:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VikramF

Quote from: pankajkumars on August 14, 2012, 06:47:01 PM
OK I will share. I am a bit  apprehensive whther forum members will make fun of me, depressing me further.
I will share shortly. on 22nd most probably.

Pankaj, the Frowns and Grins threads are there as almost each and every one of us has had both bad and good experiences through buying and selling.

Those threads exist with names of people and incidents explained so that other people are protected in the future.

I don't think anyone is going to make fun of you at all .... I personally have a few too many sad stories myself  :(
Vikram Franklin
98864 (PM me for the rest - I get strange calls)

Check out my FaceBook Photopage @
https://www.facebook.com/Photography.by.Vikram.Franklin

iamsomnath

I  fully agree with Vikram

biplab7

Why 22nd?? Any deadline from the end of you or the seller??

Pankaj Kumar Singh

Quote from: wild007 on August 14, 2012, 08:59:43 PM

Why 22nd?? Any deadline from the end of you or the seller??

I HAVE EXAM ON 21ST. HENCE I WANT CONCENTRATION. BUT COULD NOT RESIST LISTING THE TOPIC IN THIS FORUM. THANKS FOR CONCERN. WILL SEEK HELP SHORTLY.
***R6****Canon 5D IV ***
Canon:16-35F4 35F1.4 40F1.4 85F1.2 105F1.4 135F1.2 70-200F2.8 RF50 F1.8 50 F1.4

SAHARSH

Kya Pankaj bhai , Suspense movie bana rahe ho kya :)

Please share the name   :'(
Canon :) & Nikon & Sony
Canon R5 , Nikon D850 ,5D Mark IV ,1DX , Sony A9 & Some Lenses :)
Noida  Mobile no : 9625454577

lightwave

Quote from: Hankosaurus on August 14, 2012, 04:52:17 PM
The Mods are discussing the Dyutiman/rainwalker/alip situation now. Appropriate action is forthcoming.
Dyutiman Bhattacharjee/Dyutiman/Walkonrain/alip has been banned for violation of the Rules of Buy & Sell, and for unethical conduct within the JJMPF. Anyone seeing any new instance of this person emerging, please advise the Moderators with evidence of the same.

Quote from: SAHARSH1985 on August 14, 2012, 11:09:44 PM
Kya Pankaj bhai , Suspense movie bana rahe ho kya :)

Please share the name   :'(
Please let him reveal what he wants to as and when he is comfortable. He must be already going through a tough phase. Let's not push it. Time will tell all.

Gouthamakugve

Hi ,

I also dealt with Roger H. Ephraim but my experience with him is exactly opposite .  I bought my camera body from him few months back. He is very nice gentlemen to deal with. I met him personally to finalize the deal. His approach was very transparent and humble.

There was some problem with the camera after 2 months of usage (it was not his fault) , but he took a pain to find out warranty agreement (which he had lost earlier ,hence camera was sold as without warranty) and helped me fix the camera free of cost.

I think in this case , he had genuine health problem.

Quote from: freshgrass on June 09, 2011, 04:13:39 PM
Hi.

I wish to share something about a member "Roger H. Ephraim".

http://www.jjmehta.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=6714

On 31st May, 2011, he posted an advertisement here offering 2 hard drives and a casing. Later on, moderators removed the listing because these items are not allowed in JJMPF. But before that I has started communication with Roger.

After exchanging few mails, he offered me a price for all 3 things, I accepted without any negotiation.

Neft timings were over for the day, so I could not transfer the money on 31st and I told him that he can pack the things and I will transfer the funds on 1st June.

I transfer the funds on 1st June (11:05 AM) and sent him an email with details and screenshots of transfer made which he did not reply.

After waiting till evening I sent him an SMS at 06:47 PM and he replied back that he has packed and scheduled the parcel for pickup.

After that I have sent various SMSs/emails asking for courier details/tracking number, but he did not reply.

SMS   02-Jun-2011 01:48 PM   No reply
SMS   02-Jun-2011 08:36 PM   No reply
SMS   03-Jun-2011 04:11 PM   No reply
Email   04-Jun-2011 04:47 PM   Replied mentioning health problem but assured that he has arranged for courier pickup.
Email   07-Jun-2011 07:56 PM   No reply Replied mentioning health problem but already copy+paste error
SMS   08-Jun-2011 11:30 AM   No reply

Finally, yesterday, 8th June 08:09 PM, I sent him an email with my bank details and I asked him to refund my money because I have already bought the hard disk after so much waiting.

But he still didn't answer and didn't refund.

It is ok if someone is in a problem but one can reply at least. I have been seeing his profile and he almost daily logs in JJMPF but does not reply my email/SMS.

His phone is also switched off now which was working at the time of making the payment.

Any suggestions guys?

Regards,
Mg.

Moderator Notes:

1. This issue was resolved to the buyer's satisfaction as of June 22. It appears that, in part, extenuating health issues complicated and delayed the process. A timely resolution, such as a reasonable buyer might normally expect, did not materialize. Further elaboration of, or discussion about, the delayed conclusion is now deemed unnecessary.  In order to keep this thread concise and useful to the Membership, follow-on commentary and discussions about this now-resolved issue have been removed.

2. The products offered were in violation of the Rules for Buy & Sell. The seller was unaware of this. The casual reader is not to interpret this situation as acceptable precedence for the sale or purchase of computer parts and accessories on JJMPF. Such is strictly forbidden. See Rules 2a and 2b for details.

angshuman1976

Hi guys..
I am very new to this forum and dont know wheather its appropriate to write about some ongoing issues. Still i think its better to voice out some points. with due respect to all members here let me share some experiences. The member rainwalk/alip or whatever i know this guy for a long time.

1. whatever Anirban Bramha has explained its very sad incident but as per him he was cheated by Anirban. The product he bought from anirban ,market price is 11.5K ( as per shops ) Anirban has told him that cost 15K and he is selling for 10K. Dont you think guys this is also fraud. May be the guy do not have much knowledge about the latest prices but selling with a wrong impression is also a crime. He explained that he never told that he will not give him 2K but what i see here all our fellow members are after him. He went to Anirban's home, had some nice discussion and i was surprised to see how Mr.Bramha as explained. I am not in favour of that guy but still i find all of us are mad about him. Selling with a lie is also a crime guys and i do not support that.

2. He bought some items from RAS ( our fellow members ) He did a fare dealing with negotiation i believe. Knowing Mr.Bramha is a another issues. I think what our fellow member done is adding fuel to the fire. there was no bad instances with him.

3. Regarding having multiple Id's i had a word with him aswell. What he says he keeps forgetting password. May be that might me a genuin issue. I agree with you all that creating multiple id is a crime here and he should have infomed mod ASAP, but for that reason i believe if we have a mailing system and some other system to communicate with that perticular member and find out the reason, that will help.

4. Regarding the complain made by our fellow member Arindom RC, alip/dutiman/rainwalker explained that he had a bad experience with him as he commented something wrong in his tread, and adding to it he explained when he met with Anirban, even anirban uttered some bad things about Arindom and said he will talk to Mod and need to be blocked

5. @ cantax-user : whatever you said sir is partially correct. he is not a suspicious character  - that much i can tell u.

6. lastly i believe he never deal with Pankaj as he said.

May be i have talked too much here which i shouldnt have but lying about price what Anirban did was not correct at all. I personally do not support - this is also a fraud.

And why we are talking about BPC, BPC is separate and have no connection with this forum. Next i might see we are talking about his bank accounts and personal life.

As mods are here they are the best judge to do what ever feel like but i thing fuel is added to the fire and action has been taken.
He is in BPC for a long time and i know him from Bangalore. Nothing unethical work he has done. When a renowned photographer like Mr. Bramha can cheat people then this guy is too small and has been punished.

there is always another side of the story..

thank you.
Angshuman

Anirban Brahma

Quote from: angshuman1976 on October 04, 2012, 01:32:21 AM
Hi guys..
I am very new to this forum and don't know ..... [snip]

Hello Dyutiman da,
nice to see you here in a new avtar. I was just discussing with a dear fellow member few days back that when will you be back with a new id. Reminds me about Om Puri's Last dialogue before Hrithik Roshan Heads off for his final mission in Lakshya :D Sorry I am really in a Good cheered up mood!

1st and foremost before you try to taint my image as a cheater, I will have several guys lined up who will say otherwise with whom I have bought and sold stuff from over the years amounting to several Lakhs... I wouldnt have mentioned about mere 2k unless it was morally wrong what you have done.

I Sold you 1 Nikon 24mm almost new condition for 12K and A BRAND NEW unused yn 565 when it was just launched in the market for 10k since you had an urgent emergency (and pleaded to me to sell them since you had a wedding andyou needed them) and Since I had bought 3 you wanted one. Total you were supposed to pay Rs 22,000... When you came to my home and later took me to atm, gave me rs 20,000 and told that you will give me the 2k Later, I told ok... which as we all know I never got.

Anyway who told you the market price for a Nikon 24mm 2.8 is 11.5k and since I told its 15k brand new in market I was wrong? I think i told you lower, its even higher.
Or if you r telling 11.5K thing about the flash, then why the hell would I give you a Flash which I bough brand new for 10K when I paid higher and wasnt meant for selling but bcoz you requested a lot as it was an emergency I sold it.
Since you knew the market price so well why did you buy and make a false commitment?
Dude if you have guts come meet me like you had come when you wanted to buy my gear and we will have a discussion :)

Regarding Multiple ids... well know you have 3 that we know of!

Arindom and I have our own issues during that time and everyone in JJMF knows it and both of us have been matured about it and have moved forward. Please dont be a PNPC Bengali Dyutiman da...

Dada as far as I am concerned its a very clever way to reduce price and you have done a wonderful job. Only sad part it you did it over just 2K... If it was the entire 22k then It would have been fun to see the outcome.

Update: Oh dear innocent dada, I just noticed that you had probably just blocked me on fb before posting here with a new id so that I cant catch a hold of you...
Sadly I could retrieve all msges (maybe some fb problem) but this may give some bong guys some idea for months how you were avoiding me :D
I knew that I will never get it still as a last option I discussed with my frnd to trade in your 28mm (if I am not worng, its bought from Ras) which you wanted to sell for 7K and in between I get my 2K back...
Funny thing, did you get some nice Gold Class movie seats in south city with that?

Here is the link: http://www.diigo.com/item/image/37w0z/gsoy?size=o

angshuman1976

Sorry Anirban Bramha, I not your dutimanda or whatever. I know this guy that much i can tell you.. sorry again somewhere its a mistake. this much i can tell you he has enough money and can pay your 2k

initially i thought not to discuss here but that guy is suffering from some diseases and not present here. i cannot disclose more.

Requesting Mods: please go a head and delete my account as well.. its seems something wrong been intrepreted and unnecessary talks are happening. and i am not dutiman.

thank you all and JJMPF.

PS: Anirban Bramha - you can have a word with him once he gets well and take your money also.