Feedback - FROWNS

Started by Hankosaurus, December 17, 2010, 08:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hellwrath

Henry,

I am with you on every point, I was trying to trying to explain the rationale behind the photo with date rule on other forums :). I am usually wary of buying/selling without inspection unless I know the person well. It's individual responsibility and as you rightly said, no rule can make a system foolproof. We just have to be careful and smart and choose the right people to deal with.

Hankosaurus

Hi Veeresh.

I understand, and I know we are all together in this thinking of personal responsibility.

Even though I spoke to you personally in my previous post, I had visualized myself speaking for the benefit of the readership in general. I saw an opportunity to restate the "Intent of the Rules," and especially as they pertain to the unfortunate issue encountered by two of our fellow Members just up-thread.

Your many valuable contributions in advancing useful dialogue on JJMPF are appreciated more than you may know.
HENRY
A Certified Dinosaur
D700, F, F2, M3

Some say those of us who love to talk about cameras should instead go and take pictures. I say we should go and also take pictures.

drgap

A friend of mine, by the user name of MS, has been banned from the group....He want to know why he was banned....and he cant log in the site anymore....He wants to know whether he can rejoin by the same name..Thanks
Nikon

VikramF

Quote from: drgap on February 07, 2013, 06:42:28 PM
A friend of mine, by the user name of MS, has been banned from the group....He want to know why he was banned....and he cant log in the site anymore....He wants to know whether he can rejoin by the same name..Thanks

Could you send/post a link to his account here? I can't find any "MS" .
Vikram Franklin
98864 (PM me for the rest - I get strange calls)

Check out my FaceBook Photopage @
https://www.facebook.com/Photography.by.Vikram.Franklin

drgap

This is the screenshot of what he gets now

[attachment deleted by admin]
Nikon

Hankosaurus

Quote from: drgap on February 07, 2013, 06:42:28 PM

The ban was put into force on January 12, 2013 for violation of Rule 15a:

Rule 15a. No Commercial Sales Activity
Commercial and pecuniary sales activities are not allowed within any JJMPF Forum. The JJMPF Buy and Sell forum is strictly for the benefit of its Members only. JJMPF shall NOT serve as a sales platform for external businesses, nor for promoting personal business, nor for the brokerage for the sale, rent, or trading of anything or of any service. Posts of this sort will be eliminated, and their sources will be blocked from the JJMPF.

The post in violation pertained to a photo safari business appealing for customers on JJMPF.
HENRY
A Certified Dinosaur
D700, F, F2, M3

Some say those of us who love to talk about cameras should instead go and take pictures. I say we should go and also take pictures.

drgap

Thanks for unfreezing MS account
Nikon

abhivg

I have a question:

If a member putting up an item for sale states the following:
Item Description : XXXX in good condition used for 2 yrs Old.
Are you the original owner of the item being sold ? : Yes

What should be the age of the item put up for sale according to the above mentioned details?

Hellwrath

Quote from: abhivg on May 06, 2013, 10:02:22 PM
I have a question:

What should be the age of the item put up for sale according to the above mentioned details?

Not sure about your question but I see two possibilities:

(i) Seller bought the equipment new and is now selling it. In which case, the equipment is now 2 years old.
(ii) Seller bought it used and has used it for 2 years in which case the equipment is 2 years + how old it was when the seller bought it (assuming that info is available).

Original owner I think (mods, please correct me if I am wrong) means if the person selling the equipment actually owns the equipment and is not selling on behalf of a friend.

tapobrata_tb

Quote from: Hellwrath on May 07, 2013, 01:36:17 AM
Quote from: abhivg on May 06, 2013, 10:02:22 PM
I have a question:

Not sure about your question but I see two possibilities:

(i) Seller bought the equipment new and is now selling it. In which case, the equipment is now 2 years old.
(ii) Seller bought it used and has used it for 2 years in which case the equipment is 2 years + how old it was when the seller bought it (assuming that info is available).

Original owner I think (mods, please correct me if I am wrong) means if the person selling the equipment actually owns the equipment and is not selling on behalf of a friend.

Me thinks original owner = first owner of the item, person buying directly from retailer.