Feedback - FROWNS

Started by Hankosaurus, December 17, 2010, 08:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kumarrishi

I dont want to do this but no option...this is last msg just received from him

"..... Lens is not in right condition is...if lens has a scratch....Or af not working...or anything like that...There are buyers who are ready to buy it in any condition ...for 8k its steal......"
There are some post and pre part but these are not necessary...if needed would be send.

My question - "Sell it to those buyers. What is your problem now?"
Rishi Kumar- 09871983240
Digital Kit- Canon 7 D and some lenses, Film: Multi camera - multi format. http://www.flickriver.com/photos/kumarrishi/

Looking for Minolta/FD/Konica lenses for some experiment

Brendon

Sad to hear about this. 8k IS a good price to pay but the issue isn't that at all. Its miscommunication by the seller and IMO the seller should accept responsibility for his actions. Hopefully the mods will intervene and decide on a course of action soon.
Are you a Konica Minolta or Sony Alpha DSLR user? If yes, then please check out http://www.flickr.com/groups/sony-alpha-india/

Janardan Barthwal

Dear Mods

I don't envy your job here.

Janardan Barthwal

lightwave

Gaurav you have PM. Would like to see your response here.
Thanks.

mukerjichinmoy

Feedback here is not about any person, but DTDC. Probably wouldn't serve to call this Feedback. Just want to mention this unhappy incident to forewarn other members as well.

I purchased a Canon 17-55 f/2.8 from Bangalore and it was shipped to Pune from there. The lens was shipped on 18/Dec. And I received the AWB number as well for tracking.

The next day, it shows in transit. I was not worried since it was shipped late in the evening, so was expecting it to be In-Transit on 19/Dec. Called DTDC Call-Center to be sure - No Response.

Same status on 20/Dec. Except that this time the DTDC site told me that the package had reached the DTDC Pune on 20/Dec at around 9.20am. No delivery. Called DTDC Call-Center to check status - No Response. Called multiple times that day.

Same status on 21/Dec. Called DTDC Call-Center multiple times to check status - No Response. Now I was getting worried. (I had already transferred the money).

Same status on 22/Dec. No change in the information displayed on the website. No delivery. Called DTDC at 9am. The lady took all relevant details and promised to call back in 1 hr. No call back till 11.30am.

Finally my patience gave out and I drove to the DTDC Office. 1pm. Described my situation, provided the AWB number only to be told that the package has been delivered !!!! Well, now I was panicking !!!

As you'd imagine, I created a scene there. And while talking described the package as per the description given to me by my seller. And lo and behold ! the Supervisor brought a package out in about 30 seconds asking if this was the package. It looked exactly like the description I had. So I told them what was expected to be inside. They opened it, and it was the lens package. I provided my Id details and took delivery by hand.

The interesting part is that the package had NO IDENTIFICATION marks on it AT ALL. None whatsoever. No address, no DTDC bar code, no FRAGILE sticker ... Nothing ! Just a bubble wrapped package with brown tape ! I'm assuming that my seller must have provided address and other details, that is why it reached Pune. But somewhere in transit or at the B'lore dispatch office, these guys stripped it of everything and sent it. In fact, later on when I informed my seller of this incident he told me that the wrapping was even more - so it seems that the package was opened or at least someone tried. DTDC Pune was checking with their Delhi & B'lore office about this package and no one had a clue what it was, who sent it, where it had come from etc.

Had I not gone to the office that day, this package would have remained UNCLAIMED there and I'd never have received it. I'd have been under the impression that I was cheated by the seller etc. Seller and I would have exchanged ugly words on this forum etc - all for some one else's fault.

I complained to the DTDC Vigilance Officer and will be sending another email to other DTDC authorities as well.

Just wanted other members here to know about this incident and ensure you try to protect yourself against such situations. Declare the package, insure it, use their Secure Package deal etc etc so this does not happen to you.

Anyway - FYI - the lens is in good condition. Works well and looking forward to using it this week.

VikramF

I've always used DTDC Plus (http://www.dtdc.in/dtdc-corporate-web_liferay/sg_premiumexp.html) - this is vastly different from the normal DTDC.

For one, the package is sealed inside a tamper-proof bag and the next is the amazing delivery time. For metros I can get delivery by as early as 10:30 AM the next day if I ship something before 8 PM today.

Obviously it is a lot more expensive than normal courier/DTDC, but well worth it and has moved lakhs worth of equipment without any issues (touch wood).
Vikram Franklin
98864 (PM me for the rest - I get strange calls)

Check out my FaceBook Photopage @
https://www.facebook.com/Photography.by.Vikram.Franklin

GauravNaik

Quote from: kumarrishi on November 15, 2012, 09:15:40 PM
I dont want to do this but no option...this is last msg just received from him

"..... Lens is not in right condition is...if lens has a scratch....Or af not working...or anything like that...There are buyers who are ready to buy it in any condition ...for 8k its steal......"
There are some post and pre part but these are not necessary...if needed would be send.

My question - "Sell it to those buyers. What is your problem now?"

Hi Rishi ,
Did not log in to JJmehta for a long time ... So only a mail could get me back .

See i  always wanted people from Mumbai to check stuff in person before taking a decision So that it avoids hassle of selling and doing all that . You location of guwahati was remote for most couriers in  my area to send.  I packaged it in a box once...went to couple of courier service . Then after sme more days did a brand new packing ran around and finally got a courier service who would deliver it to you .

Before sending you the lens we had a call and you asked me to tell you what i saw. I described the exact condition of the lens which were true . Also i told i saw some water spots . I also told " mumbai is very humid and sometimes i get some water droplets . I keep it in sun and they go away . I KEPT THIS LENS ALSO IN SUN , but the water droplets did not evaporate " I had no frekking clue if it was water or OIL . for that matter i dont know how it looks . Inspite of telling you all this and taking hardship i sent the lens to you . Courier cost of 500rs (which was mentioned as buyer cost) was BORE BY ME as you are into conservation and i am into one . SO i felt the connect . Inspite of mentioning the outstation courier as BUYERS cost and risk . You went ahead.

After you got the lens may be you expected a L lens of 8k and it did not meet you expectation . You asked me for repair. i Just asked you to send me pics of opened lens as a proof and i will pay half for cleaning service . Now who pays half for cleaning of a old lens ?  . I agreed to it too. You took you time went out for a holiday and now want to return . My question when all points were cleared to you why take me for a jolly ride...if you were unsure you shouldnt have gone ahead.  I sold my other stuff to JJM members and everybody is fine.

I sent a brand new Flash to a JJM member Satyen . may be the courier guy dropped it or i dont know it did not work when it reached the guy . it was brand  new ! ...i did not ask a single question and refunded him the money .  So its not about having a lose integrity for 8k .... I had mumbai guys wanting the lens but i decided to do a HARD SHIPPING (you yourself would be a testimony of trouble i took to send it to guwahati ) . And now u want to simply return it ?  When i get 10 mails for a lens...i pick the guy from guwahati just to increase my troubles ?

Water droplets or oil droplets is what you say (who knows if u r not satistified with it and wanna return just like that ?) . I had told...it looks like water but isnt evaporating and your answer was ...ya ya thats ok i will take care of it . SO now why turn turtle ?

Rishi the point is ...you tell a guy ...oh yeh whatever the condition i am taking it i will manage ....and then once u check the lens...say i wanna return ? Why spoil somebody's sale ? mudsling him ? and waste his time ?

Also have you seen your tone in messages? i felt i sent a brick instead of a lens ... !

@Moderators : This thread is good intention . But there is no authenticity to check the guy complaining is cooking up a story or not .  Many ppl just pick an oldie to check if its  a gem , if it is ...its a lottery else... 

pankaj21

@Chinmoy,

I have had similar incidents twice. I couriered the package once to bangalore. When the buyer got it, he to mentioned that there were no details, but only the tracking number on the package. Also, i had sent him pics of the packaging too, which he mentioned was completely tampered. I went to the DTDC office & they mentioned that they have the rights of opening the package (even though I had given them in written, whats being couriered).  Damn thing, that they dont have scanners to monitor :/
Worst part was that the hood was missing. :(

Second incident was very similar to your's. package did arrive at the DTDC Pimpri Office (5 mins distance from my place), but they never bothered to hand over it to me. Due to office timings constraints, always had to have a word over a call & they assusred that it will be deilvered soon. Finally I went to their office on Sat & they mentioned that there was no address on it & only my name was mentioned.
My question was, "how did the package come to Pimpri all the way from Hyderabad?"
The manager over there was quite & had 100 reasons to keep his side safe.

Like Vikram said, go for the DTDC Plus service. Much Much better.

Thanks for viewing

Pankaj :)
Learning the Nikon way!

kumarrishi

Quote from: Gaurav Naik on December 26, 2012, 04:25:33 PM

Hi Rishi ,
Did not log in to JJmehta for a long time ... So only a mail could get me back .

See i  always wanted people from Mumbai to check stuff in person before taking a decision So that it avoids hassle of selling and doing all that . You location of guwahati was remote for most couriers in  my area to send.  I packaged it in a box once...went to couple of courier service . Then after sme more days did a brand new packing ran around and finally got a courier service who would deliver it to you .

Before sending you the lens we had a call and you asked me to tell you what i saw. I described the exact condition of the lens which were true . Also i told i saw some water spots . I also told " mumbai is very humid and sometimes i get some water droplets . I keep it in sun and they go away . I KEPT THIS LENS ALSO IN SUN , but the water droplets did not evaporate " I had no frekking clue if it was water or OIL . for that matter i dont know how it looks . Inspite of telling you all this and taking hardship i sent the lens to you . Courier cost of 500rs (which was mentioned as buyer cost) was BORE BY ME as you are into conservation and i am into one . SO i felt the connect . Inspite of mentioning the outstation courier as BUYERS cost and risk . You went ahead.

Buyer cost and risk - doesnt it applies for courier related risk not the orignal condition of lens.
The water droplets (as u thought) didn't disappear like other lenses - doesn't it appeared it could have been oil.
I had no frekking clue if it was water or OIL - But when i tell u it is you don't accept it.

After you got the lens may be you expected a L lens of 8k and it did not meet you expectation . You asked me for repair. i Just asked you to send me pics of opened lens as a proof and i will pay half for cleaning service . Now who pays half for cleaning of a old lens ?  . I agreed to it too. You took you time went out for a holiday and now want to return . My question when all points were cleared to you why take me for a jolly ride...if you were unsure you shouldnt have gone ahead.  I sold my other stuff to JJM members and everybody is fine.

Small repair shops which don't give any bills. We have communicated over it and last you said send me hand made bills - when you dont accept what i am saying. You may say i made up the hand made bills. I also told you if you want proper bill Sheetala Camera in bangalore will give but they may take double for this and you were not willing to do this through them.

I called you and told you i wont be available due to tour and i am not planning to take the lens with me so do let me know your address,  if you want to me to ship it back i will carry with me. You did not give me your address. Why to carry lens with problems on a tour where i wanted my best equipment. I have your msgs and mine in phone do u want me to post it here.

I sent a brand new Flash to a JJM member Satyen . may be the courier guy dropped it or i dont know it did not work when it reached the guy . it was brand  new ! ...i did not ask a single question and refunded him the money .  So its not about having a lose integrity for 8k .... I had mumbai guys wanting the lens but i decided to do a HARD SHIPPING (you yourself would be a testimony of trouble i took to send it to guwahati ) . And now u want to simply return it ?  When i get 10 mails for a lens...i pick the guy from guwahati just to increase my troubles ?

So this is perhaps not your first time of sending bad stuff. You repaid satyen when it might have been dropped by courier guy but when no way i could have inserted the oil drop in lens you still don't believe me or refund me. I dont see any seller integrity.

Water droplets or oil droplets is what you say (who knows if u r not satistified with it and wanna return just like that ?) . I had told...it looks like water but isnt evaporating and your answer was ...ya ya thats ok i will take care of it . SO now why turn turtle ?

No i never said that..u only told me perhaps it will take some time for water droplet to evaporate and i asked you again and agian are these water droplets and you said yes. I had water droplets in my other lens and i told u if these are water droplets only then it wont be a problem. These are not water droplets.

Rishi the point is ...you tell a guy ...oh yeh whatever the condition i am taking it i will manage ....and then once u check the lens...say i wanna return ? Why spoil somebody's sale ? mudsling him ? and waste his time ?

Also have you seen your tone in messages? i felt i sent a brick instead of a lens ... !

I never said whatever condition don't lie now. I asked u again and again for fungus and water droplets and Af working or not. You told me whatever, i believed. When i find its not what u described as it has oil droplet, lot of it why shouldn't i want it to return?

When its send not as described you want me to forget about it and continue. if you believe that these are water droplets then take it back when the water evaporates sell it off.
My tone is fine ... i see u write lies now.

@Moderators : This thread is good intention . But there is no authenticity to check the guy complaining is cooking up a story or not .  Many ppl just pick an oldie to check if its  a gem , if it is ...its a lottery else...

Moderators please take necessary action.
Rishi Kumar- 09871983240
Digital Kit- Canon 7 D and some lenses, Film: Multi camera - multi format. http://www.flickriver.com/photos/kumarrishi/

Looking for Minolta/FD/Konica lenses for some experiment

binarycodes

I have nothing to post related to the discussion on hand, just curious, how can a lens have oil drops in it?
Not that I doubt it or anything, I just want to know what could possibly cause that so I may avoid it.
Sujoy

"May my highlights be properly exposed and my darks be rich in detail"...

Nikon D7100 | Nikon 70-300mm 4.5:5.6G VR | Nikon 50mm 1.8G | Sigma 10-20 4:5.6 | Gitzo 3541LS | Benro B2