Feedback - FROWNS

Started by Hankosaurus, December 17, 2010, 08:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tanumoy

Hello,
In recent times Mr. Harish and Dr. Sriram has blamed me for being not a genuine buyer and lowballing.

1) I have contacted Harish ji for A7II for my friend but never confirmed that I will definitely buy the camera. I told that I will let him know. I'm trying to help him and also my friend. There is a not a profit of single penny for me. His relative was died and this is true. if anyone wants he can talk to my friend. I never confirmed harish ji for buying. If circumstances are not supporting for buying what can I do?

2) Regarding the Batis 85 lens and GS Ferrari I have done deal with him. I explained him what will I going to do to to collect the money. He has said that he will keep the Batis. But he has sold the lens without informing me. He can sell his lens to anybody, no issues. But where he agreed for keeping the lens he should inform me that he is going to sell the lens. Anyways the thread was closed after lots of arguments.

2) For Dr. Sriram, He had put a price for him camera and also I had put my budget. Where is the problem? No one asking for why he put a price tag for his camera, If I tell my budget that is 'lowballing' ? When a seller put his price on a item no one ask weather the price is justified or not. But if any buyer put his price in front of the seller that is 'lowballing' ?

Thad E Ginathom

"lowballing" is, I guess, offering an amount less than the seller considers the minimum. If that's what they think, it is what they think. No point in complaining about it.

justaday

Quote"lowballing" is, I guess, offering an amount less than the seller considers the minimum. If that's what they think, it is what they think. No point in complaining about it.

Agree. What is wrong with lowballing. Did one's ego get busted because someone asked for a lower price? As long as it's in PM it's fine. I always low ball coz you never know what the actual worth of that item is till you receive it in your hand and you may actually get a deal that works for both sides.

Secondly, when did any buyer post a price that is not inflated with room to negotiate :)

The only recommendation is to ask yourself if you would sell that item for that price. If so, please go ahead and lowball :)

gsferrari

Quote from: Tanumoy on October 03, 2020, 01:25:36 PM
Hello,
In recent times Mr. Harish and Dr. Sriram has blamed me for being not a genuine buyer and lowballing.

1) I have contacted Harish ji for A7II for my friend but never confirmed that I will definitely buy the camera. I told that I will let him know. I'm trying to help him and also my friend. There is a not a profit of single penny for me. His relative was died and this is true. if anyone wants he can talk to my friend. I never confirmed harish ji for buying. If circumstances are not supporting for buying what can I do?

2) Regarding the Batis 85 lens and GS Ferrari I have done deal with him. I explained him what will I going to do to to collect the money. He has said that he will keep the Batis. But he has sold the lens without informing me. He can sell his lens to anybody, no issues. But where he agreed for keeping the lens he should inform me that he is going to sell the lens. Anyways the thread was closed after lots of arguments.

2) For Dr. Sriram, He had put a price for him camera and also I had put my budget. Where is the problem? No one asking for why he put a price tag for his camera, If I tell my budget that is 'lowballing' ? When a seller put his price on a item no one ask weather the price is justified or not. But if any buyer put his price in front of the seller that is 'lowballing' ?

It seems that as long as you are not on the receiving end of someone else’s indecision / time-wasting then you are quite happy to indulge in the same. The moment someone ticks you off you rage on the forum about how you have been wronged when you yourself are quite happy to do the same thing.

I thought I would give this a wide berth but I have also heard from Madhav about his run-in with you and this seems to be your MO.

In the case of Dr. Harish you seem to be a half-hearted buyer. At best you wasted his time, worst case you led him to believe you were serious. Apparently your friend wasn’t as keen on the product as you thought. You wanted to help your friend.

In our interaction you felt I had wronged you by selling my lens to a friend of mine. My friend took the lens to test it out and decided he didn’t want to give it back and paid me 5/6K less than what number we had discussed. I called you soon after to inform you of the sale. So I am not allowed to satisfy my friend’s desires but you are allowed to mislead another forum member because your friend changed his mind?

Do you see the hypocrisy here?

I will let Madhav get into the details of how you handled the transaction with him.

In a nutshell, you are happy to inconvenience others but they aren’t allowed to do the same to you no matter what their reason might be.
Automotive Photographer. Pentax 645z and lenses with Godox AD600.

drtsriram

Quote from: Tanumoy on October 03, 2020, 01:25:36 PM
Hello,

Well, lowballing isn't an out right crime by any means but my sale hasn't mentioned 'negotiable' and followed all the rules of the forum. I am very confident of my selling price and I indeed sold it for the same price to a gentleman in Hyderabad. Anyway, good luck with your lowballing tactics for your future purchases. Best wishes.
Nikon D850, Sony RX1R, Panasonic GH5 and lenses

JessePinkmanYo

Quote from: justaday on December 23, 2020, 02:29:19 PM
The only recommendation is to ask yourself if you would sell that item for that price. If so, please go ahead and lowball :)
That is probably the best yardstick for setting prices/making offers. A seller to list at prices close to what he would buy at and a buyer to offer price close to what he'd sell for. However, its not only about prices. Its easy to ignore whatever qualifies as lowballing according to you. Bigger problem is the "time wasting" and "opportunity wasting" that typically accompanies such cases. Buyer going the whole hog and agreeing for a sale only to develop cold feet after 3 days means that other genuine opportunities get squandered in the meantime. In my book that is a far serious offense and very difficult to deal with. I can choose not to deal with the person again (which I invariably do) but unfortunately I might still be left with unsold item despite multiple "expressions of interest".

Quote from: justaday on December 23, 2020, 02:29:19 PM
As long as it's in PM it's fine.
I would say its the other way round. A PM/whatsapp (without EOI on sale thread), is widely abused as an irrevocable warrant by serial lowballers/timewasters to indulge themselves to their hearts content. Snug in the belief that they aren't exposed. Funny thing is "price talk" is discouraged on sale threads to protect sellers' interest while it ironically ends up doing quite the opposite !
YO, YO, YO ! Seven-Zero-Zero to the 0 to the 5 to the 4 - representin' the K-O-L. What up, B-Yatch? Leave the phone.

justaday

QuoteBuyer going the whole hog and agreeing for a sale only to develop cold feet after 3 days means that other genuine opportunities get squandered in the meantime.

This is strangely the same case discussed by gsferrari. Unless paid it's not sold and it's available for someone who is ready to pay. If  I have to book something, I pay for it. Not say "Book for me".  Let us first understand that there is no concept of blocking an item until the buyer decides to transfer money. As a seller, there are various reasons to sell and to me, a sale is done only after the payment.

I encourage parallel sales all the time but keep them informed that whoever pays first will get the item. Hard luck to the one who haggled, negotiated, and agreed but never paid vs the next person who basically paid and moved on with the sale.

We have been sellers and we have been buyers. The rules are exactly the same. Will you sell an item to someone who promised to buy but not paying or will you sell it to someone who is ready to pay? As a buyer will you wait for the seller to keep holding the item for a promise you made while you have not made payment? or do you think you deserve to get the item only after you transfer the money?

Never hold an item for a promise via PM or message. It makes no logical sense. Sell to the one who pays and closes the deal. But thats my way of dealing. And I agreed that I haggle, atleast if we agree I pay in few minutes and move on.

Pratik

Quote from: justaday on January 05, 2021, 09:45:53 AM
This is strangely the same case discussed by gsferrari. Unless paid it's not sold and it's available for someone who is ready to pay. If  I have to book something, I pay for it. Not say "Book for me".  Let us first understand that there is no concept of blocking an item until the buyer decides to transfer money. As a seller, there are various reasons to sell and to me, a sale is done only after the payment.

I encourage parallel sales all the time but keep them informed that whoever pays first will get the item. Hard luck to the one who haggled, negotiated, and agreed but never paid vs the next person who basically paid and moved on with the sale.

We have been sellers and we have been buyers. The rules are exactly the same. Will you sell an item to someone who promised to buy but not paying or will you sell it to someone who is ready to pay? As a buyer will you wait for the seller to keep holding the item for a promise you made while you have not made payment? or do you think you deserve to get the item only after you transfer the money?

Never hold an item for a promise via PM or message. It makes no logical sense. Sell to the one who pays and closes the deal. But thats my way of dealing. And I agreed that I haggle, atleast if we agree I pay in few minutes and move on.

I agree, but this is quite subjective I believe. People use the word "book" or "hold" very loosely. When I ask someone to book/hold an item for me, it means that I'm ready to pay and just want to make sure it's in the same condition as described, or want to discuss delivery etc. It makes no sense to "book" and then haggle. I've had one particular buyer on this forum "book" an item from me, negotiate price and decide on a meeting place to then say that he isn't interested anymore. I may have declined other offers thinking that this specific person is about to buy it, even if those offers were higher. It's happened twice with the same person for me, so I have made it a point not to sell to that person. On the other hand, if someone just asks for the price and says they'll let you know, that is quite fair as it keeps you open for other offers.
Instagram:  @photosbyprtk

justaday

Agree Pratik. Ultimately I am just saying the seller can sell to whoever he wants to and no amount of hold it or block it should make the buyers assume he is at the top of the queue. The seller obviously cannot get money and sell to someone else :). If I need it that badly, I take the decision with associated risk and buy it.

Lately few posts I have seen here include dead pixels and whatnot. Once I buy, there ends the liability of the seller. That is the fundamental risk of buying "not in person". Everything else and every other argument after that to me is Moot. Once it's paid and the item is at one doorstep, "the one" owns every liability of that intelligent or stupid decision "the one" has made. (trying hard to make it generic so people don't get offended)

The day this forum provides certification, insurance, and liability coverage is when the forum can be held remotely responsible for any actions. Till then, one has to evaluate between intelligence or stupidity in decision making while buying.

Pratik

Quote from: justaday on January 05, 2021, 11:44:55 AM
Agree Pratik. Ultimately I am just saying the seller can sell to whoever he wants to and no amount of hold it or block it should make the buyers assume he is at the top of the queue. The seller obviously cannot get money and sell to someone else :). If I need it that badly, I take the decision with associated risk and buy it.

Lately few posts I have seen here include dead pixels and whatnot. Once I buy, there ends the liability of the seller. That is the fundamental risk of buying "not in person". Everything else and every other argument after that to me is Moot. Once it's paid and the item is at one doorstep, "the one" owns every liability of that intelligent or stupid decision "the one" has made. (trying hard to make it generic so people don't get offended)

The day this forum provides certification, insurance, and liability coverage is when the forum can be held remotely responsible for any actions. Till then, one has to evaluate between intelligence or stupidity in decision making while buying.

Very well put, I completely agree.
Instagram:  @photosbyprtk