News:

If you are a new member and unable to activate your account , email info@jjmehta.com

Main Menu

Feedback - FROWNS

Started by Hankosaurus, December 17, 2010, 08:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bharat Varma

Top dial does change shutter speed in shutter priority mode in the Nex 6.

====================
The PASM dial sits on top of another dial, which is used to change other relevant camera settings. For example, if you switch to Aperture Priority mode with the PASM dial, the bottom dial is used for changing the aperture. In Shutter Priority mode, it is used to change the shutter speed. And in manual mode, you can use this dial, along with the dial on the back of the camera to change both aperture and shutter speed
====================

https://photographylife.com/reviews/sony-nex-6/2
Looking for a Rokinon/Samyang 135 F/2 Lens in excellent condition.

Also looking for a few Canon NB-10L Batteries.

Nishit Dave

Quote from: Krish Chandran on October 15, 2022, 11:36:59 AM
Quote from: Bharat Varma on October 14, 2022, 09:38:16 PM
The seller has refunded you the full amount.
The matter is resolved.

Please return the camera to the seller.

I agree. How much would the adapter cost you? Is it high enough to ruin your reputation on the forum? Why fight it? Return the camera and be done with the matter.

I concur. Sometimes impulse purchases turn out to be mistimed - like the adapter. Always advisable to check the newly acquired gear first and then get accessories. I'm sure everybody has faced this with online purchases. I'm sure there will be buyers for the adapter on the forum, if you decide no longer to go ahead with the purchase of another Sony camera.

One solution to avoiding unlimited consequential liability claims would be to include limitation of liability language in WTS post templates . Sellers should also specify under what conditions they'll accept returns, which should be reciprocated by the buyers by taking good care of the item to be returned.

vinay_pune

I have transferred amount to seller again.

is it ok to hide information after asking also ? anybody going to comment on that ?

i have put up a simple question and no body is addressing it.

this is how are we going to deal in future. like seller sells anything, and if caught with defective equipment just pays back gets name cleared.

Krish Chandran

Quote from: vinay_pune on October 15, 2022, 12:17:58 PM
I have transferred amount to seller again.

is it ok to hide information after asking also ? anybody going to comment on that ?

i have put up a simple question and no body is addressing it.

this is how are we going to deal in future. like seller sells anything, and if caught with defective equipment just pays back gets name cleared.

The two issues here are A- the completeness of the information provided by the seller - to the best of your understanding, and B - his willingness to promptly refund the amount in case of a dispute.

If there is a failure in the A part, then as a buyer, I would expect B to be fulfilled without argument. 

Here he (the seller) refunded you promptly. From that point on, there was no issue.

Your purchase of, and subsequent liability for,  the adapter, has no bearing on this transaction. This was an action conducted outside your negotiation with the seller. You can't now hold him responsible because you are out of pocket.

I don't mean to be harsh with you, but this is how it is. The best course of action is to accept it and move on.
"The more you learn, the more there is still left to learn"
Andy Mumford

https://flickr.com/photos/195860685@N07/
https://youtube.com/@krishchandran4125?si=5BIxPdEyRL4Nj3BI

Bharat Varma

1. The matter is settled.
2. No fault is ascribed to either seller or buyer.
3. Please note that redundant posts on this issue will now be removed.
Looking for a Rokinon/Samyang 135 F/2 Lens in excellent condition.

Also looking for a few Canon NB-10L Batteries.

Nitin Goel

Dear Admins and All members,

I came across this post "https://www.jjmehta.com/forum/index.php/topic,66182.msg493012.html#msg493012" where id: alphahead (Mr. Bhaskar Rao) was selling Sony 2x Teleconverter. I contacted him on mentioned mobile number and he mentioned that this teleconverter is in Excellent condition and only two times used in past 4 years. It is like new only very minor one scratch mark on the body. Then I bought this item from him after making agreed payment.

When I received the teleconverter, found that teleconverter was dropped and having two dents on the mount. The mounting / unmounting button paint is chip off from all sides and it is impossible that this product is used only two times. I bought it due to his assurance that the product is like new only and only 2 times used. Please refer to the attached two pictures.

Once received, I immediately notified him with pictures, but he has refused to take back the teleconverter and return the money.

Pls do not buy anything from this person. He is not a genuine person.

Moderators requesting you to take suitable action and all members please be cautious.

Thanks,

Nitin Goel

Sony A7R III, FE 200-600G, FE 24-105 f/4 G, FE 90 f/2.8,  Samyang 14mm f/2.8

Thad E Ginathom

Quote from: Nitin Goel on May 29, 2023, 10:05:23 PM

I came across this post "https://www.jjmehta.com/forum/index.php/topic,66182.msg493012.html#msg493012" where id: alphahead (Mr. Bhaskar Rao) was selling Sony 2x Teleconverter.

The scuffed paint on the mount button can just be seen in the pics on his post. I'm afraid it does look as it he positioned the item so it was not properly shown.

JessePinkmanYo

This is feedback in respect of Mr Sudhir Damerla (id - sudhirdamerla - https://www.jjmehta.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=51788)

THE TRANSACTION - The buyer purchased the Manfrotto Gimbal MVG220 listed here :- https://www.jjmehta.com/forum/index.php/topic,66495.0.html

THE FACTS - Buyer contacted me on June 05 indicating the requirement for fast shipping so that he could use it for a shoot on June 08. I replied saying I could ship same day via DTDC (if payment is cleared before 4PM) for additional cost with June 7 as tentative delivery date. I told him I was willing to bear the balance cost of DTDC shipping if he could bear 100 bucks extra to which he agreed. These messages were being exchanged around 12 and Buyer finally made payment of 16.25K @ 4PM (after reminder) and wrote back requesting item to be shipped via DTDC blue if possible. He told me he was willing to bear the difference between DTDC Lite and Blue if I could ship via Blue (next day delivery). I said I'll try since it was already getting late for the "blue" cut-off.

The packed item weighed over 2.5 kgs and DTDC quoted a figure of 520 for DTDC Lite shipping and ~1700-1800 for DTDC Blue (using volumetric weight method instead of the actual weight). The Blue prices were downright obnoxious and so I quickly booked via "Lite". I paid the amount of 520/- and informed him of the total cost and tracking details as also requesting him to pay the shipping balance. He replied back saying he'd do so "in a bit". The item was eventually delivered on June 07 to his satisfaction.

THE ISSUE - I have sent him a number of reminders for payment of the balance shipping fee but up till the time of this post, he has neither paid the same nor responded on the topic after the initial message saying he would do so in a bit.

This is NOT the first time I have had hardball played over 50-100 rupees (I reported one such incident here :- https://www.jjmehta.com/forum/index.php/topic,5808.msg488248.html#msg488248 ) and I'm sure it wont be the last. But I do find this rather disturbing and a sign of deep-rooted malaise. If you cant trust someone to keep his word for 100-200 bucks, you cant trust him for anything.

INTERVENTION SOUGHT - NONE. This is just feedback.

I have never cared for $1-$2 "negotiations" and I'm not going to start now. For my part I will NOT be having any transactions with him in future. Readers may want to exercise caution and ensure full payment is received before shipping out any item. In this case and in others.

Thank You !
YO, YO, YO ! Seven-Zero-Zero to the 0 to the 5 to the 4 - representin' the K-O-L. What up, B-Yatch? Leave the phone.

alphahead

I am not sure why this buyer is so aggrieved other than the fact that he thinks he overpaid or didn't do his HW before buying in a hurry.

Every single imperfection the buyer mentions on the TC is clearly visible in the photos in the ad that alone is enough to absolve me, its concrete proof. On the phone conversation, he seemed in a great hurry to get the TC, and I told him about the imperfections again, and sent him more two more fresh pictures of the flaws. So how am I in the wrong, I went above and beyond in my duty as a seller.

I have used this TC only in two birding trips and since then for a few years its been lying in my closet, which is buyer is free not to believe but that is the truth.

And finally to be honest even though I don't feel in anyway I have mislead the buyer in anyway but still if this buyer had been more pleasant in his dealings and had not recorded our phone conversations without my permission (which according to Indian laws is an illegal activity), I would have done him the favour of refunding the TC.

I am not here to make money or fool anyone and this is just a hobby. It is my first time selling something here and it is my misfortune to have sold to a buyer like this guy.

Moderators, please take down this frown post, it is just unnecessary and unfair personal attack from a careless buyer.

FINALLY as a new member here I have a suggestion to the moderators of a forum, please define an objective scale of 1-10 for conditions of selling items, because one man's "excellent condition" camera might be another man's "poor condition" camera. Ebay has that, so does hifivision.com or audiogon.com, you can use them as models.

Quote from: Nitin Goel on May 29, 2023, 10:05:23 PM
Dear Admins and All members,

I came across this post "https://www.jjmehta.com/forum/index.php/topic,66182.msg493012.html#msg493012" where id: alphahead (Mr. Bhaskar Rao) was selling Sony 2x Teleconverter. I contacted him on mentioned mobile number and he mentioned that this teleconverter is in Excellent condition and only two times used in past 4 years. It is like new only very minor one scratch mark on the body. Then I bought this item from him after making agreed payment.

When I received the teleconverter, found that teleconverter was dropped and having two dents on the mount. The mounting / unmounting button paint is chip off from all sides and it is impossible that this product is used only two times. I bought it due to his assurance that the product is like new only and only 2 times used. Please refer to the attached two pictures.

Once received, I immediately notified him with pictures, but he has refused to take back the teleconverter and return the money.

Pls do not buy anything from this person. He is not a genuine person.

Moderators requesting you to take suitable action and all members please be cautious.

Thanks,

Nitin Goel

Nishit Dave

Quote from: alphahead on July 06, 2023, 05:47:40 PM

Every single imperfection the buyer mentions on the TC is clearly visible in the photos in the ad that alone is enough to absolve me, its concrete proof.

Hello, you misled the forum about the condition of the teleconverter. It is plain to see. I don't want to cast aspersions, but an honest seller would point the damage out up front, while you seem to have concealed it deliberately.

Moral of the story for members: Don't buy from newbies.