News:

If you are a new member and unable to activate your account , email info@jjmehta.com

Main Menu

Feedback - FROWNS

Started by Hankosaurus, December 17, 2010, 08:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alphahead

Perhaps you did not read my message properly. I pointed out to the buyer and sent him photos of the imperfections. That's about as "honest seller" as you can get. And what exactly did I conceal deliberately?
You are sitting on a high horse and you ARE casting aspersions.

Moral of the story: Everyone thinks they are perfect and is looking for a scapegoat when they have made a mistake.

Anyways I have said my side of the story. No need to be hostile to newbies with your silly morals, I don't need to be a part of a forum like that if that is the culture here, let us remember everyone starts off as a newbie. ::)

Bharat Varma

Since you've asked, please point out where exactly you have highlighted the "imperfections" in your post.

On Phone, he mentioned that this teleconverter is just 2 times used and in like condition with very minor one scratch mark on the body

Caution!  Buyers are strongly advised to read the Forum Rules and do their own due diligence before buying.

Bought from JJ Mehta, 4 years ago. Have bill, cover, no box.
Used once for a trip. Not used in past 3.5 years.

Call/Whatsapp: 8297689707

Item for Sale: Sony 2x teleconverter SEL20TC
Asking Price: 35000
Item Location: Goa
Item's Age & its Description: 4 years, excellent condition
Are you the original owner* of the item being sold? YES
Do you have the original Bill? Yes
Objects included for listed item** (caps, lens shade, box, etc.): Cover, cap
Is the Item under warranty? No
Are you interested in trading this item? No
Condition (Appearance/Functionality): Excellent
Repairs done and parts replaced: NO
Optics condition,  Front/Back/Inside with respect to:   Fungus:    Dust:    Haze:    Scratches:    Aperture function: ALL PERFECt
Shipping Destinations: India
Preferred Shipping Services: Blue Dart
Accepted Payment Types: UPI/Bank transfer
Return Policy Applicable/Not Applicable (Terms & Conditions): No returns
Special Note:

Also quoting an important part of Rule 8 here. Please indicate how exactly you were in compliance.

If the seller sees that a product has a clearly visible defect, he/she is required to provide a clear image and description of it to be sure that the limitation is well understood before a deal is struck.

Quote from: alphahead on July 07, 2023, 09:34:57 AM
Perhaps you did not read my message properly. I pointed out to the buyer and sent him photos of the imperfections. That's about as "honest seller" as you can get. And what exactly did I conceal deliberately?

Moral of the story: Everyone thinks they are perfect and is looking for a scapegoat when they have made a mistake.

Anyways I have said my side of the story. No need to be hostile to newbies with your silly morals, I don't need to be a part of a forum like that if that is the culture here, let us remember everyone starts off as a newbie. ::)
Looking for a Rokinon/Samyang 135 F/2 Lens in excellent condition.

Also looking for a few Canon NB-10L Batteries.

JessePinkmanYo

And what exactly did I conceal deliberately?

Since I'm not privy to the info/photos you might have provided to the buyer over phone/whatsapp, etc, I will not comment on that. But in addition to the lack of disclosure regarding "clearly visible defect" as pointed out by Bharat, the biggest issue here is non-disclosure regarding "Repairs done and parts replaced: NO". Thanks to the telltale signs on the rear mount "weather seal" gasket visible in photos uploaded, it is very evident that the TC has been pried open for repairs (fungus cleaning or element alignment, I cannot say). Since you have claimed to be the original owner, its impossible that those signs would be there without your knowledge.

I'm afraid it dont look too good.

PS - I guess this also underlines the importance of sticking to forum messages to keep  conversation well "documented" in messages, especially in wake of "disappearing" whatsapp chats and/or issues arising out of verifiability/illegality phone call recordings.
YO, YO, YO ! Seven-Zero-Zero to the 0 to the 5 to the 4 - representin' the K-O-L. What up, B-Yatch? Leave the phone.

Nitin Goel

Dear Moderators,

As per below reply from Mr. Bhaskar Rao (Alphahead) stating that "I pointed out to the buyer and sent him photos of the imperfections", Please refer to the attached snapshot from my whatsapp regarding the photos which he sent to me. You will understand what kind of photographs he shared with me. All pics are taken in dim light and cleverly hiding the defects.

Nothing much I want to say. Just be cautious with this person.

Thank you.

Nitin Goel

Sony A7R III, FE 200-600G, FE 24-105 f/4 G, FE 90 f/2.8,  Samyang 14mm f/2.8

Thad E Ginathom

As I said before, the seller's photos posted here seem to be taken to minimise the damage. The buyers photos tell a different story.

If I were the seller I'd keep quiet! He has ensured that we will not forget. End of story.

Hankosaurus

Quote from: Thad E Ginathom on July 07, 2023, 04:25:11 PM
...If I were the seller I'd keep quiet! He has ensured that we will not forget. End of story.
One cannot be too careful in assuring correct representation of the product.  We should go out of our way to guarantee that our buyer is happy with the result.  It is not a good thing to become a person of interest in the FROWNS thread.
HENRY
A Certified Dinosaur
D700, F, F2, M3

Some say those of us who love to talk about cameras should instead go and take pictures. I say we should go and also take pictures.

abhijit

Dear Admins and All members,
This is regarding my experience purchasing a Nikon D850 camera with a 24-120 f4 lens from Mr. Valay Patel (valayp59). After discussing over phone and checking the camera over whatsapp video call I paid him on 13th Sept, '23. In the conversation he mentioned that the lens is having some fungus. Apart from that there is no other problem in the functionality of either the camera or the lens. He dispatched the camera next day surprisingly by roadways on the pretext that the courier does not sent by air due to presence of battery. The courier also told him that it is risky so to make insurance but he did not. Collected the camera from DTDC counter on 22nd evening. While checking the functioning of different settings of the camera on 24th night I noticed some exposure inconsistencies. In some of the sequences taken in continuous mode the exposure appears to differ from shot to shot. Actually it is not across the whole frame so is more like a shadow. I tested again next day by resetting the camera to manual and without any auto setting(auto-iso etc). By evening I was sure that there is some problem with the camera so I informed him so. Meanwhile I was planning to get the the camera checked with Nikon service center. He also told me the same. On 26th I gave the camera to Nikon Service. Next day, on 27th Nikon Service gave an estimate of Rs 18917/- where it states 'Shutter' and 'I plate' replacement cost and labour charge. I informed Mr Valay about it. He did not talk in one pretext or other. Switched off phone at times and did not receive calls. I posted a PM in forum and after that able to contact him. On 29th,at about 8:30PM he told me he will give some solution the next day.(He did say a lot of things and am not reproducing here as irrelevant) Till today I have not heard from him.

Abhijit Sarma (forum id abhijit)

valayp59

Hello Everyone.
I met this guy from JJM Forum. He only called me and showed interest of buying Nikon D850 with Nikon 24-120mm Lens. We had pretty much conversation and a solo whatsapp video call where he did check everything. He asked me to capture 1 photo with camera on video call itself. After that he told me to mail it, which i did. And he said deal is closed and he made the full transfer. My camera was working perfectly when it was with me. Next day i called him that courier guy is asking for insurance of camera as it is expensive stuff. i called him and told him everything about insurance. After his confirmation i courier all the stuff to him. I've all the Phone Call recordings with me. If necessary i can present all of them to anyone who wants clarity regarding this matter.

abhijit

You recorded my phone call  without my consent which is illigal. You also want to share the call with anybody. Now send all the calls in full duration unedited and untrimmed to the moderators with a copy to me. Also show where you told me about the insurance 'before' booking the camera.
All the above does not prove that you already are not aware of the fault. Such faults are intermittent and can not be detected over whatsapp call.
The lens is  having problem as well. I am yet to get it checked at nikon service.
Moderators : please see to this illigal recording business and do the needful.

valayp59

Who told you that recording a phone call is illegal activity. Not only your phone call, I have all the recordings of my all the incoming phone calls. This feature comes with smart phones now a days. And why would I edit your phone call recordings. I've already told you that I'm not making money out of this. Whatever issues you are talking about, they were not with me when I was handling my camera. Also I had a proper post on JJM Forum which you had gone through obviously. Also note that he received camera and lens many days ago & Now he is saying that lens is also faulty. How one can believe him for this kind of stuff. So it is not my fault at all. You can report to moderator if you want. I don't mind.