Feedback - FROWNS

Started by Hankosaurus, December 17, 2010, 08:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brendon

I would be good if you detail your issue with the flash seller a bit more. I recall you posted that it was resolved before editing your post again.
Are you a Konica Minolta or Sony Alpha DSLR user? If yes, then please check out http://www.flickr.com/groups/sony-alpha-india/

baggi aswani

Predators are on the Prowl on our Forum. Victimizing genuine members and with so much innocence the unsuspecting buyer ends up in a Bad Transaction.where does he turn? What would be his recourse?
Nothing.
You do all possible things to garner support from within the community, but to no avail.
I have been a victim this week and these scamsters have enough gumption to be hurt when we are candid. Their pleading, whining ritual is the key of their success.
Without naming I got dlivered a Camera with No Papers. Why? He forgot. When Money went in his account he was not busy. Anyways, Box with different Serial Number than the body. No Manual, Software CDs, No Warranty as promised.
Well these are the Vagaries of buying from unknown Predators. I have learnt a bitter lesson, buy the equipments physically and not online.
For few good fellas, these Predators scare the entire lot away.
And each time they have different Aliases.
Sure there are awesome members with whom I have dealt in past, but it just takes one bad transaction to put your reasoning in COMA.
Happy sharing Folks
Baggi

tapobrata_tb

Quote from: baggi aswani on September 03, 2013, 05:31:06 PM
Predators are on the Prowl on our Forum. Victimizing genuine members and with so much innocence the unsuspecting buyer ends up in a Bad Transaction.where does he turn? What would be his recourse?
Nothing.
You do all possible things to garner support from within the community, but to no avail.
I have been a victim this week and these scamsters have enough gumption to be hurt when we are candid. Their pleading, whining ritual is the key of their success.
Without naming I got dlivered a Camera with No Papers. Why? He forgot. When Money went in his account he was not busy. Anyways, Box with different Serial Number than the body. No Manual, Software CDs, No Warranty as promised.
Well these are the Vagaries of buying from unknown Predators. I have learnt a bitter lesson, buy the equipments physically and not online.
Sure there are awesome members with whom I have dealt in past, but it just takes one bad transaction to put your reasoning in COMA.
Happy sharing Folks
Baggi

It would be a good idea to name and shame the sellers, if the seller has not delivered the goods as promised and is not cooperating after the sale. Saves us some headache and we too can also not deal with them in the future.

maraque

Quote from: tapobrata_tb on September 03, 2013, 05:51:00 PM
Nothing.
Happy sharing Folks
Baggi

It would be a good idea to name and shame the sellers, if the seller has not delivered the goods as promised and is not cooperating after the sale. Saves us some headache and we too can also not deal with them in the future.

Yes, that would be helpful to others. A sort of blacklist, if you will, of members to shy away from.

Ramstrong

Quote from: maraque on September 03, 2013, 06:36:32 PM
Quote from: tapobrata_tb on September 03, 2013, 05:51:00 PM
Nothing.
Happy sharing Folks
Baggi

Yes, that would be helpful to others. A sort of blacklist, if you will, of members to shy away from.

Certainly can empathise with you. Nevertheless, sharing the deatails of such predators will serve as a simple alert to other members which is quite necessary & highly recommended.
Nikon D810+D700+D7K+MB-D10+D11+18-105mmDX+18-35mm F3.5-4.5G+35mm DX F1.8G+50mm F1.8G+24mm F2.8D+50mm F1.8D+85mm F1.4D+85mm F1.8D+80-200mmm F2.8D+135mm F2D DC+300mm F4D+20mm F3.5 UD+Ai-S 28mm F2.8+Auto-S 35mm F2.8+Ai-S 50mm F1.2+Ai-S 50mm F1.4+Auto-S 50mm F1.4+Ai-S 50mm F1.8+Ai-S 135mm F2+Ai 135mm F3.5+Ai 200mm F4+Ai-S 300mm F4.5+Sigma Ex 14mm F2.8+Helios81N 50mm F2+Kenko DGX Pro 300 1.4x TC+Sekonic L758DR+Vanguard 263AT tripod +GH100 Ball Head+Nikon SB400+SB600+SB800+YongNuo YN560II+YN560 flashes.

Canon EOS 5D MkII+EOS650D+EF-S 18-55mm+EF 24-105mm F4L+EF 40mm F2.8 STM+EF 100mm F2.8 USM Macro+Tamron SP 70-300mm F4-5.6 VC+Fujinon 50mm F2.8 MF Lens+Nissin Di 866 Mk2 Pro1 Flash+YN 603C triggers.

Ramstrong

Few days back, in another post of mine I had indicated that I will consider posting in 'FROWNS' about my recent experience of buying a Canon EF 100mm F2.8 Macro USM Lens. I suppose the time has come as I have given up on the Seller contacting me despite my multiple emails and also phone calls.

The main purpose of highlighting this episode is only to warn the fellow members & to caution them about such unscrupulous sellers on the prowl in this forum.

This narration of my experience is more to bring forth the fact that you could become the victim of an unscrupulous Seller and nothing much can be done about it. The Seller in my case is 'xclncsurat' (Excellency Surat) a newbie with 32 posts & the other details in the WTS link below:

http://www.jjmehta.com/forum/index.php/topic,28796.0.html

Had a word with the seller over phone before I did the FT. He confirmed that the lens is 8 months old & in very good condition 10/10. On receiving the lens (on 14 Aug 2013), I was suprised to see it was very dirty & didn't looked new as claimed in the WTS thread. On further scrutiny I was shocked to see the build up of fungus in the elements visible to the eye, when viewed at an angle. (Would like to mention that fungus was not visible in the photographs posted in the WTS thread).

Immediately, I communicated to him about the state of the lens by email as his phone was not reachable. Next day being a holiday (15 Aug), took the lens to Canon India Master Service Centre, Bangalore on 16 Aug 13 & deposited for fungus removal & cleaning of the lens on chargable basis as the lens was not under warranty.

The feedback from the Service engineer who did the servicing was that the entire innards (the moveable lens elements, USM & other parts) of the lens was fully infested with fungus. The lens had to be dismantled completely & thoroughly cleaned to remove fungus/dust etc. The service engineer also confirmed that in spite of his best efforts only 80% fungus could be removed, which was the maximum he could do as the fungus on the inside of the front element is inaccessible (front element is sealed). hence, can't be removed. Its' still visible now.

The only alternative is to replace the front element which costs about Rs.12,000/=. Considering the high replacement cost he asked me to use it in the existing condition only as it will not affect the photography. Got the lens back on 22 Aug 2013 evening.

I did manage to reach the seller on 26 Aug 2013 thru phone & updated him on the status of the lens. He refused to accept that the lens had fungus & was reiterating that he had sent a new clean lens (8 month old). When I enquired if he had seen my mails & why didn't he respond, he replied that he is travelling, busy shooting some doc film & will respond to my mails within 2 days. I am still waiting for that 2 days to get over.

The net outcome of this deal is that I have purchased a not-so-new macro lens with fungus for 25K (+courier Chgs of Rs.1100), got it serviced by paying Rs. 2248/= which still has fungus on the front element that can't be removed.

Based on my unpleasant experience, I caution members to refrain from buying anything from 'xclncsurat' if he ever does post in the WTS board. People like him join forums to hoodwink buyers knowing fully well that he (Seller) cannot be traced and palm off a defective item.

I sincerely wish that no member will have to undergo similar experience as mine.

PS: Have attached the payment receipt & Service Report of Canon India Master Service Centre which contains all the details of the lens & the comments of the engineer.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Nikon D810+D700+D7K+MB-D10+D11+18-105mmDX+18-35mm F3.5-4.5G+35mm DX F1.8G+50mm F1.8G+24mm F2.8D+50mm F1.8D+85mm F1.4D+85mm F1.8D+80-200mmm F2.8D+135mm F2D DC+300mm F4D+20mm F3.5 UD+Ai-S 28mm F2.8+Auto-S 35mm F2.8+Ai-S 50mm F1.2+Ai-S 50mm F1.4+Auto-S 50mm F1.4+Ai-S 50mm F1.8+Ai-S 135mm F2+Ai 135mm F3.5+Ai 200mm F4+Ai-S 300mm F4.5+Sigma Ex 14mm F2.8+Helios81N 50mm F2+Kenko DGX Pro 300 1.4x TC+Sekonic L758DR+Vanguard 263AT tripod +GH100 Ball Head+Nikon SB400+SB600+SB800+YongNuo YN560II+YN560 flashes.

Canon EOS 5D MkII+EOS650D+EF-S 18-55mm+EF 24-105mm F4L+EF 40mm F2.8 STM+EF 100mm F2.8 USM Macro+Tamron SP 70-300mm F4-5.6 VC+Fujinon 50mm F2.8 MF Lens+Nissin Di 866 Mk2 Pro1 Flash+YN 603C triggers.

tapobrata_tb

Kundan Singh-- from the original post for sale.

Incidentally he is making a film called "SATARKTA" (Awareness) , now it is our turn to be "SATARK "(careful) about him. I gleaned all this info from his posts in his thread for sale of the lens.

Hot Shoe

Very unfortunate that this happened. It is good that you have revealed the Forum name of this Seller (and Tapo for his actual name).

lightwave

The user in question has been sent a message to clarify. Let's see if a reply if forthcoming.

Ramstrong

Quote from: meetshany on September 13, 2013, 08:37:54 PM
Thats aweful... It would be good if you mention his full name too - as he can change his ID and start using the forum again....

His full Name is Kundan Kumar Basudev Singh.