News:

If you are a new member and unable to activate your account , email info@jjmehta.com

Main Menu

Feedback - FROWNS

Started by Hankosaurus, December 17, 2010, 08:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hankosaurus

Quote from: Thad E G on August 08, 2019, 03:32:23 PM
Quote from: Tushar Subhro on August 08, 2019, 01:33:06 PM
Can the mods mediate as Tom has not responded.
Probably not the moderators' job.

We are on our own when it comes to buying and selling.

That's exactly right, Thad.  It is incumbent upon Members to vet each other and the deals offered before entering into an agreement to buy or sell.  See Rules 8, 26, 27, 28, and 29.

The whole point of the required Caution Statement at the beginning of each For Sale offer is to remind potential buyers (especially newbies and others who may not be familiar with the Rules) that they must accept full responsibility for the purchase decisions they make.
HENRY
A Certified Dinosaur
D700, F, F2, M3

Some say those of us who love to talk about cameras should instead go and take pictures. I say we should go and also take pictures.

Tushar Subhro

Almost appears I am at fault.
Strangely enough no mods made any comments on the transaction from Tom's end.
Not expecting a chiding but at least a mention.
I guess PocoLoco's reputation supercedes his actions.

Just a simple case of misplaced trust and part of a learning curve.

Rajiv Sri

Quote from: Tushar Subhro on August 10, 2019, 01:27:56 PM

Suprised that PocoLoco has not provided his angle of justification despite that this topic is active for a while. I guess he is actively participating in other discussions in recent times.
Nikon Z6, Canon 5d Mkiii, Panasonic G85, Canon R and few prime lenses

JessePinkmanYo

Quote from: Tushar Subhro on August 10, 2019, 01:27:56 PM

You might want to post screenshots of the item description and closeup images of the camera screen (the whatsapp screenshot posted does not give a very good idea though it does seem like a crack on screen) to help explain your case. Just your side of the story may not be enough.

Hell, even the 'RULES' stickys seems to have vanished (hope this is only temporary). This dont look like a good omen ;-P

[attachment deleted by admin]
YO, YO, YO ! Seven-Zero-Zero to the 0 to the 5 to the 4 - representin' the K-O-L. What up, B-Yatch? Leave the phone.

Addy

Hello Everyone,

This conversation is quite unnerving considering Tom/Locopoco is such a senior member.

Such misunderstandings is one of the key reasons I don't like to ship anything I have for sale, as our forum is built on integrity and a case like this shows the forum in such poor light.

I usually prefer to have a face to face meeting for anything i have for sale, But a few days back I was convinced to ship a camera kit to a familiar member, albeit one with whom I had never interacted with before. He asked me to get on a video call with him so that he could check the condition of the camera I had for sale. I found this to be a great way to avoid misunderstandings and also have a "face to face" chat with a fellow member.

I think prospective buyers can try this as a precaution - have a video whatsapp call with the buyer and ask him/her to show the item for sale in more detail on video for clarification. High resolution images of a damaged part can be requested if required.

I hope Tushar and Tom reach a resolution soon, and I hope Tom takes the time to clear his stand.

Maybe someone (mods?) can point Tom to this thread so he may choose to reply in case he isn't aware of this thread.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.

Regards,

Addy.
Nikon and Sony Mirrorless.

Hemant Joshi

Quote from: Addy on August 10, 2019, 02:22:10 PM
Hello Everyone,

This conversation is quite unnerving considering Tom/Locopoco is such a senior member.

Such misunderstandings is one of the key reasons I don't like to ship anything I have for sale, as our forum is built on integrity and a case like this shows the forum in such poor light.

I usually prefer to have a face to face meeting for anything i have for sale, But a few days back I was convinced to ship a camera kit to a familiar member, albeit one with whom I had never interacted with before. He asked me to get on a video call with him so that he could check the condition of the camera I had for sale. I found this to be a great way to avoid misunderstandings and also have a "face to face" chat with a fellow member.

I think prospective buyers can try this as a precaution - have a video whatsapp call with the buyer and ask him/her to show the item for sale in more detail on video for clarification. High resolution images of a damaged part can be requested if required.

I hope Tushar and Tom reach a resolution soon, and I hope Tom takes the time to clear his stand.

Maybe someone (mods?) can point Tom to this thread so he may choose to reply in case he isn't aware of this thread.

Regards,

Addy.

Brillant Idea for Video Chats-- this will clear Bogus cheaters , like u see on OLX posting photos of camera copied from Google Images..
I would suggest , if we can get some reliable honest group member to act as a middle man from different cities,, he can see and test the camera / lens / and  rate  the condition -- for example ---  Bhopal M@nish can do it , like wise , in Mumbai Dilip M can do .. and so on...  like how B&H in USA do -- if you want to sell your  gear -- B&H will keep it with them , and rate the gear after inspecting thoroughly .

Rajiv Sri

Quote from: Hemant Joshi on August 10, 2019, 07:47:51 PM
Quote from: Addy on August 10, 2019, 02:22:10 PM
Hello Everyone,

Regards,

Addy.

Brillant Idea for Video Chats-- this will clear Bogus cheaters , like u see on OLX posting photos of camera copied from Google Images..
I would suggest , if we can get some reliable honest group member to act as a middle man from different cities,, he can see and test the camera / lens / and  rate  the condition -- for example ---  Bhopal M@nish can do it , like wise , in Mumbai Dilip M can do .. and so on...  like how B&H in USA do -- if you want to sell your  gear -- B&H will keep it with them , and rate the gear after inspecting thoroughly .

Good Suggestions Hemanth.
I recently took the help of Harsha Vadlamani to verify a Facebook post from Hyderabad. Thank you very much Harsha for that..

I can offer my helping hand for deals at Chennai if they can wait till I visit during weekends.
Nikon Z6, Canon 5d Mkiii, Panasonic G85, Canon R and few prime lenses

VikramF

Quote from: Tushar Subhro on August 10, 2019, 01:27:56 PMAlmost appears I am at fault.Strangely enough no mods made any comments on the transaction from Tom's end.Not expecting a chiding but at least a mention.I guess PocoLoco's reputation supercedes his actions.Just a simple case of misplaced trust and part of a learning curve.
Are you asking the moderators to mediate? There's a whole lot of harm that can happen that way.Personally I'd prefer that moderators in any forum  moderate posts and not mediate actions between members.Which is precisely why the rules state the responsibility lies between the seller and buyer. Any issues are between them. The moderators will moderate the post to ensure that forum rules are followed.
Vikram Franklin
98864 (PM me for the rest - I get strange calls)

Check out my FaceBook Photopage @
https://www.facebook.com/Photography.by.Vikram.Franklin

PocoLoco

Yes, I am well aware of this post, have been contacted by Mods, I do not like pressure on Forums to justify my position.
On 16 May I received a PM asking if I had any Olympus bodies for sale m I replied yes, my wife's EMI. I had not advertised the EM1 in the Want To Sell.  I the received a WhatsApp and negotiates began.  He said he had no lenses so I said I would include and unused Panasonic 14-45 Zoom.  The gear was shipped on 20 May and delivered on 22 May.  Total price Rs30,500   which included DTDC and insurance.  I received a WhattsApp on 5 Jun about the small chip (nick) on the edge of the screen and that he said really decreased the re-sale value.  I do not have the camera so cannot confirm if the screen guard is still on the camera or not but there had been.
These posts give me pause:
http://www.jjmehta.com/forum/index.php/topic,55434.0.html
and
http://www.jjmehta.com/forum/index.php/topic,55885.0.html
On 17 Jun I received another WhatsApp asking if I would take back the camera.  I said no , my wife had already spent her money.
It is the pricing and timeline which are important.
I can draw a couple of conclusions from the posts and WhatsApps:
1. he is trying to experiment with lots of different cameras at no cost to himself or
2. He is trading (no problem with that if he tells me) . I have sold my gear to traders and dealers before) .

I have sent the entire WhatsApp to my Advocate .
I have not had any communication since 17 Jun 2019 until this was posted .
I do prefer people to inspect and pick up gear in Goa or have a trusted friend do same.  Has happened many times.
I will say no more.  People know me or they do not but this is not the place to let people determine any outcome.  I will stop selling gear on this forum and use my contacts built over the years.  All of the gear I sell was bought for my own use, most of it bought new with warranty.
Tom

Bharat Varma

What exactly were the items sold? Were the extra batteries and the travel charger also part of the deal?
Looking for a Rokinon/Samyang 135 F/2 Lens in excellent condition.

Also looking for a few Canon NB-10L Batteries.