Feedback - FROWNS

Started by Hankosaurus, December 17, 2010, 08:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bharat Varma

Have received Tom's inputs.

Tushar Subhro, please respond.

What exactly were the items that you bought from Tom?
Looking for a Rokinon/Samyang 135 F/2 Lens in excellent condition.

Also looking for a few Canon NB-10L Batteries.

mahesh

I had earlier deals with Tom. Very transparent deals.

I just want to point that the Tushar has put up the EM1 for sale where he says "There is a small chipping on the side of LCD not affecting the screen." If that is true, then where is the so much talked about issue? I feel buying second hand remotely has its own issues. We should go ahead only if we consider the risk. Unless, its big fraud or some issue affecting functionality, buyer should keep with it. Only other option is thorough inspection.

I would also like to know if the person Tushar is a trader or hobbyist. He has put up so much for sale on forum in last few months all going to so many brands.

Just trying to bring more clarity to the issue in hand.

Tushar Subhro

Dear Bharat,

I had already posted in my first post what all was part of the deal.
I had no unpleasantries with Tom at any point.
I had even asked him categorically about the chipping BEFORE the purchase. But he had ignored it. (screenshot)

And as per as transparency to reselling, please check the screenshot. I am sure the best you can call me is an "overenthusiastic hobbyist". Now trying to to consolidate a little.

The only thing that left a sour taste is that Tom denied to acknowledge the fact that I would be at loss for the chipping unless of course Mahesh is willing to pick up the whole set for Rs.30,500 shipped since he was so satisfied in dealing with Tom.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bharat Varma

So if I understand correctly, USING the forum, you purchased items for a total amount of Rs 30,500/- from a forum member, and shortly thereafter, put up the very same items for sale on the forum itself for Rs 40,000/-?

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

QuoteAs part of the package he provided the camera with box and accessories, 2 after market batteries and a travel charger and leather case and strap. There was also a kit lens for the camera.

Item for Sale: Olympus OM-D E-M1 with extra accessories
Asking Price: Rs.34,000

Item for Sale: Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45/ F3.5-5.6 Asph Zoom Lens
Asking Price: 6,000 shipped

Tushar Subhro

You are absolutely right. And I was well aware while marking it higher. I had taken permission from Tom that I will sell the body soon.
I put the lens on sale only recently and the total cost still comes to 30500 with 24500 and 6000 respectively.
I know what you are getting at and I was expecting this given your first response.
There are some "holier than thou" members it seems.
My whole point of posting in this topic was to bring it to light.
Cause I really bought the "my wife has spent the money" excuse.

Tushar Subhro

And I was only expecting a response from Tom and I know that would be the only legal extent to which Mods can mediate.

Bharat Varma

1. About the "There are some "holier than thou" members it seems", your whatsapp screenshots and your "But he had ignored it" make it very clear that Tom did not clarify the chip. Why did you go ahead with the deal if you had any doubts that were not clarified? Tom is at fault for not verifying the chip. YOU are at fault for not insisting that he remove the screen guard and show the unblemished screen before going ahead with the purchase.

2. This forum is NOT meant for profiteering from deals made on the forum, which is what you certainly tried to do. Please refrain from any further dealing in the buy and sell section of the forum while the mods decide on the appropriate action.

Quote from: Tushar Subhro on August 11, 2019, 03:27:02 PM
You are absolutely right. And I was well aware while marking it higher. I had taken permission from Tom that I will sell the body soon.
I put the lens on sale only recently and the total cost still comes to 30500 with 24500 and 6000 respectively.
I know what you are getting at and I was expecting this given your first response.
There are some "holier than thou" members it seems.
My whole point of posting in this topic was to bring it to light.
Cause I really bought the "my wife has spent the money" excuse.

Tushar Subhro

I was well aware about the "profiteering" angle being highlighted by YOU before I posted the frown as there is a pattern to your moderation which I had noticed.
But I still went ahead with the post as both aspects needed to be brought to notice both for senior members and moderators.
And your "profiteering" clause is more so flawed in this forum as most of the members are much more experienced and they know the actual value of the product than me. They buy only if the price suits their needs. Else my EM1 won't be still unsold.
I would surely of course not post anything, but hope that there will be a collective decision and based on forum rules which are currently not visible.

Tushar Subhro

BTW thank you for finally acknowledging that Tom is at fault for not verifying the chip.
Strangely none suggested an amicable solution.

g2

Quote from: Tushar Subhro on August 11, 2019, 09:03:48 PM
BTW thank you for finally acknowledging that Tom is at fault for not verifying the chip.

You may want to reread that whole statement, you are equally at fault for not getting the clarification and proceeding with the deal, in doing so you assumed all risks.

Quote from: Tushar Subhro
You are absolutely right. And I was well aware while marking it higher.

If you were aware you should not have done it, this is against forum rules.

Treat the mods with some respect, you wanted them to reply, now that they have you start throwing mud at them.
When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.